Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Source says Ray Rice video was sent from law enforcement to NFL back in April

ReMeDy

If you don't give the PC'ers the finger early on, they feel empowered to attack more...their agenda builds.  Parasites will pick until they succeed:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/09/12/ray-rice-case-condoleezza-rice-should-replace-roger-goodell-as-nfl-commissioner/

Goodell needs to make a public challenge and say something like this:

"Look, this is how we run our business, its not perfect, but its the way its done.  In a free country, you have choices, and you are free to not watch the NFL on Sunday's and watch tennis instead, or not watch the NFL on Thursdays and watch sitcoms instead.  Advertisers are free to make socially conscious decisions and not business related decisions and advertise on tennis matches and sticoms.  We strive to improve....but the NFL reserves the right to determine in what manner we improve and when we improve." 

Will the NFL lose immediate sales. Sure.  People will disagree with his philosophy....and more people will disagree with his tone and will stay away.  Then about 95% of them will forget about it and come back.

Goodell really needs to set the world straight about reality and quit engaging arguments that takes him on the PC'ers playing field.  Just like Hootie Johnson did with the Masters many years ago.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't give the PC'ers the finger early on, they feel empowered to attack more...their agenda builds.  Parasites will pick until they succeed:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/09/12/ray-rice-case-condoleezza-rice-should-replace-roger-goodell-as-nfl-commissioner/

"Look, this is how we run our business, its not perfect, but its the way its done.  In a free country, you have choices, and you are free to not watch the NFL on Sunday's and watch tennis instead, or not watch the NFL on Thursdays and watch sitcoms instead.  Advertisers are free to make socially conscious decisions and not business related decisions and advertise on tennis matches and sticoms.  We strive to improve....but the NFL reserves the right to determine in what manner we improve and when we improve." 

Will the NFL lose immediate sales. Sure.  People will disagree with his philosophy....and more people will disagree with his tone and will stay away.  Then about 95% of them will forget about it and come back.

Goodell really needs to set the world straight about reality and quit engaging arguments that takes him on the PC'ers playing field.  Just like Hootie Johnson did with the Masters many years ago.

It's not just the NFL.  It's all organizations today under pressure due to the political climate and culture we're in.

People want to get rid of the Redskins name.

People want more openly gay athletes.

People are called racist and sexist more often now.

The owners are under assault for everything they say.

ES(Suspend)PN contributes to it.

Now, it's worse than I originally stated. This investigation is not just a PR stunt, it's an outright sham. I think he now has no choice but to abandon this plan for the so called independent investigation he's developed and submit the league front office to a real investigation conducted by a true outsider with no ties to anyone in the NFL.

Every time Goodell answers a question, or addresses an issue, he's contradicted by the facts, or just creates more questions.

I'm not an Olberman fan, but like he said, what did the commissioner know and when did he decide to not know what he already knew? Or words to that effect.

I disagree with the bolded because in order to get to that conclusion, you have to assume that a retired FBI director is on the take and willing to risk his reputation to protect Roger Goodell.  We have no basis to make that assumption.  I think it's fair to have reservations and skepticism about what Goodell did or willing did not do, that's fair.  But until we know more, I am not going to discredit Mueller's credibility simply because he was hired by the NFL.  Companies do this quite frequently and it results in high ranking executives getting fired because it's in the best interest of the company to get to the bottom of the controversy.  Money talks and the company risks losing investors by not getting to the truth. 

one of the biggest frauds in all this ray rice stuff is Bill Polian. He does and interview yesterday morning where he's asked how the league could not have known they had a copy of the tape. He replied saying he has no idea. the NFL has access to anythign they want and have such tight security its basically a mystery to him how they could not have known. Pretty much calling the NFL out.

20 minutes later  he does an interview on ESPN and is asked the exact same question and he back pedals saying it can happen easily for a company like the NFL. It's so big you dont always know whats happeneing.

so in a matter of 20 mins it went from being a mystery to it being real easy. So many frauds being exposed i this

It's not just the NFL.  It's all organizations today under pressure due to the political climate and culture we're in.

People want to get rid of the Redskins name.

People want more openly gay athletes.

People are called racist and sexist more often now.

The owners are under assault for everything they say.

ES(Suspend)PN contributes to it.

no political commentary please.  It is against site rules

As you well know, there are more than enough things to disagree about here without opening up our political differences

Thank you

No political commentary..........you know this already

Such a nasty topic....how in the world did Roger Goodell allowed himself to get dragged into the ugly mess that Ray Rice created is beyond me. How they didn't do a thorough investigation to see the tape I don't get....and then get caught lying that no one had seen it at the NFL and all the other stuff....makes no sense at all. Why cover up the whole Ray Rice thing....why risk your job for a wife beating employee? He is going to lose his job over this I'm sure of it because he has lost all credibility. To risk that all for an avg RB that beat his wife makes no sense. Covering for the NFL and the concussion stuff....I can see (still wouldn't lie to protect) how he could come up with a way to protect the leagues interest....but to protect this player...I don't get it. They get all the information they had..emails etc on bounty gate. They get info on all these other players on drug tests etc but they can't get a tape from an elevator. I don't buy it and I just don't understand the reason to cover it up. How he pouched this one the whole way I will never understand. He didn't need the goodwill with the players...he was about to pass the drug testing changes that would ease the suspensions etc for recreational drugs etc that would get him goodwill. Why go easy on this guy that did the most dispicable thing almost possible is beyond me. He will lose his job because he covered up for a wife beater...shameful. The owners used him....he did their bidding...but he is completely disposable...and after this issue...he won't have the credibility to investigate and hand down punishments etc....he is toast.

I disagree with the bolded because in order to get to that conclusion, you have to assume that a retired FBI director is on the take and willing to risk his reputation to protect Roger Goodell.  

The law firm this former FBI chief currently works for represents the NFL on many legal issues. It's an example of the NFL assigning an investigation to a legal firm which is largely dependent upon the NFL for their financial survival. It doesn't pass the smell test.

How zealous would you be in investigating someone you depend upon for your lucrative living?

Ahh...so that means we can BURN THE RICH WITCH ....BURN HIM, HE'S RICH.

By thanks I meant.....people appreciating his position and duties.

His position works exactly how the owners intended it to. He takes all the heat, and no individual owner or franchise takes crap from fans over NFL decisions.

He really can't do much without the owners blessing. I feel like the majority of the fans don't understand his role.

The law firm this former FBI chief currently works for represents the NFL on many legal issues. It's an example of the NFL assigning an investigation to a legal firm which is largely dependent upon the NFL for their financial survival. It doesn't pass the smell test.

How zealous would you be in investigating someone you depend upon for your lucrative living?

I would at least be zealous enough to not put my license or job at risk, which would mean that I shouldn't be willfully ignorant, misleading, or outright lying. Sure, he could investigate to the point that Goodell threatens to fire him/his firm, but let's be honest, that's not going to happen because Mueller would blow the whistle on that so hard and the NFL would be square in the crosshairs of, well... everyone. I'd expect him to be fired on the spot for that.

If Mueller is not being any of those three things I mentioned, then I'm fairly confident that the truth will come out. Like I said, there's only two possible answers here, neither of which are "I dont' know what happened." If that's his response, then he was being one of those three things I just said. He either finds that Goodell lied or that the executive and his employee chose to hide it. This isn't something that's incapable of being discovered. With email and phone records, it's practically impossible to keep anything a secret.

Now, at teh end of this thing, if you don't believe the investigator, that's you're right and opinion. But I just don't think you'll get anywhere by suggesting that the whole thing was a sham simply because the NFL hired an investigator from a firm that it often employs in other matters. Do law firms sometimes engage in unlawful practices? Yeah, it does. But not all of them do and I think you're being unreasonable to assume the worst when in fact the NFL has every incentive to get to the bottom of this so that it doesn't lose profits.

His position works exactly how the owners intended it to. He takes all the heat, and no individual owner or franchise takes crap from fans over NFL decisions.

He really can't do much without the owners blessing. I feel like the majority of the fans don't understand his role.

I suppose you missed the several times I've tried to explain that he works for the owners, not vice-versa?

But then a few posts after this, you describe him as "Judge, jury, and executioner"? 

Are YOU sure you understand his role? You seemed to contradict yourself. 

I suppose you missed the several times I've tried to explain that he works for the owners, not vice-versa?

But then a few posts after this, you describe him as "Judge, jury, and executioner"?

Are YOU sure you understand his role? You seemed to contradict yourself.

You realize I was agreeing with you right?

And when it comes to suspensions and appeals the players collectively bargained to have suspension levied by Roger, and the appeals over seen by him as well. Hence, judge, jury, and executioner in those instances.

There's nothing contradictory about what I said. He still has power, but it's only power given to him by the owners. He can't supersede their wishes. And he largely just carries out the will of the owners.

You realize I was agreeing with you right?

And when it comes to suspensions and appeals the players collectively bargained to have suspension levied by Roger, and the appeals over seen by him as well. Hence, judge, jury, and executioner in those instances.

There's nothing contradictory about what I said. He still has power, but it's only power given to him by the owners. He can't supersede their wishes. And he largely just carries out the will of the owners.

Isee. I apologize. I thought you were but....I didn't chose to slow down and comprehend. 

Yes the political commentary is off base and I apologize if that's what it was.

Anderson Cooper is now hosting a conversation about "how sports leagues handle cases of domestic violence"

So now the issue has mushroomed to ALL sports leagues. See guys and gals. What started as a trickle, turns into an ocean if you don't shut it off hard when it starts.

This is has become a problem not because the suspension should have been 2 or 4 or 6 games, (somebody will always argue you did the wrong thing) it started because the NFL took it upon itself to TRY AND HANDLE A CASE OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE in the first place when it should have left it to the courts.

It happens because the NFL tries to have some sort of social message blended into their product. And this is what happens when the public thinks your product is supposed to have a social message...it tries to help form that message by telling you how to run your business.

The NFL product is a game.....its simply a stupid football game that's fun to watch. The product doesn't have any meaningful social benefit. It won't find the cure for breast cancer either...so they need to stop wearing the stupid pink crap too.

So we all agree DougDew is like the craziest dude ever right?

Like of all time.

"Hey NFL. Stop supporting breast cancer awareness. Because liberals or some crap. Why would you even think about using your global platform to accomplish some good?"

Seriously.

Well they really couldn't object to being benched. For Herm, there may have been an ulterior motive behind benching him, but that would be pretty difficult (and probably a waste of time and money) to prove in a court setting because it would require the NFLPA to basically know what Herm was thinking when he decided to bench him. But I suppose they could have him dress, but he still misses out on performance based incentives (i.e. 1,000 yards receiving), and I just don't know why the NFLPA would agree to that other than to appease all the critics. It's essentially punishing him while he's waiting to be punished. I mean, the NFLPA and the NFL could agree to do these things, there's nothing legally that can stop them from doing that if both sides agreed. I just think that no matter what the proposal is, one side is going to have a serious problem with it and it all revolves around money, not domestic abuse.

Similar to what Herm did with John Abraham, the Vikings have deactivated Adrian Peterson for tomorrow's game because he has been indicted on allegations of child abuse. I am a Vikings fan and this hurts our team, but I have no problem with this decision. Some things are more important than the game. The Panthers and 49ers should do the same with Greg Hardy and Ray McDonald. Allowing Hardy to play after his conviction is really disturbing.

So we all agree DougDew is like the craziest dude ever right?

Like of all time.

"Hey NFL. Stop supporting breast cancer awareness. Because liberals or some crap. Why would you even think about using your global platform to accomplish some good?"

Seriously.

Ha,

Well I'm not sure who is crazy, cause I get kind of tired of the pink too,

I mean each stadium could support breast cancer by giving a % of concession sales through the month of Oct. or Nov. to support the cause or something, seems to me that would probably be more effective, I'm just not sure what all the pink accomplishes...

Just awareness? Anyways...

Not trying to be negative & for the record I've participated in some Susan G. Kommen events, so I'm not trying to diss the cause ...

I would at least be zealous enough to not put my license or job at risk, which would mean that I shouldn't be willfully ignorant, misleading, or outright lying.

There are no legal consequences Goodell would face if he's found to have done anything wrong here. The lawyers or people investigating this face no penalties from the bar association here if they conduct a token investigation. This is not a criminal investigation. This is the NFL basically investigating itself with the NFL overseeing the investigation.

Nothing independent about it. Nothing