Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Confirmed: Robert Mathis out for season with torn Achilles (merge)

Indeee

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Define many. I can remember a "few" but it was far from many. They weren't anymore wrong than people like you claiming the colts would get blown out

Which I only think a couple said we'd blow them out. Which I thought was more in jest. Every one if us who thought we'd win knew it take one heck of a game from us. Not just a half. There was a handful of plays that turned the tide.

One I didn't like was we had Balls forward progress stopped but he ran in for a td. But Luck was still moving the pile and they called it dead. They should have let the play go. I saw what Bradshaw was trying to do the whole time.

Which I only think a couple said we'd blow them out. Which I thought was more in jest. Every one if us who thought we'd win knew it take one heck of a game from us. Not just a half. There was a handful of plays that turned the tide.

One I didn't like was we had Balls forward progress stopped but he ran in for a td. But Luck was still moving the pile and they called it dead. They should have let the play go. I saw what Bradshaw was trying to do the whole time.

Luck wasn't moving the pile, he was being driven backward. I thought blowing that one dead was the right call. 

Ball was never wrapped up, and even though he was stopped, he pretty quickly started moving forward again. That was just poor tackling and a good play by Ball.

Werner played well yesterday against the run. Most of his tackles that I saw were behind the line of scrimmage, 2 where he went around the offensive line and tackled the RB from behind.

I still see him as more of a Paul Kruger than a Brian Orakpo.

Ryan Kerrigan is what I've always said.

Yup.

People are talking like this team HAS to win a Super Bowl before Luck's contract expires. It's silly. We're two seasons away from 2-14. Being a fan used to be about enjoying the process, the journey, watching your team grow and come together to do something great. Now, it's about instant gratification, and if it doesn't happen on opening day, then you might as well shut it down for the next four months.

I was really kind of shocked by the tone in the game thread. Yeah, we were getting the brakes beat off of us for a lot of the game, but even when things started going our way, every incompletion it was a flood of negative comments, and then virtual silence when we scored. It's almost like people are rooting for the team to lose so that they can wallow in their self-prophesied misery. I don't get it. I thought you were supposed to enjoy being a sports fan.

You said it....heck I was frustrated..don't get me wrong but I was realistic about what was happening. Its like those that say only a SB can make them happy....well they must walk around depressed all the time. I've said it 100times...I wouldn't trade our decade for Giants...even though they won another SB....they basically only made the playoffs twice....I'd much rather enjoy the seasons of winning and really competing even if we lose in the end...much more than a flash in the pan here and there. 2-14 sucked....I don't want to go through that again...I'm loving what they are giving me...sure I want to win it all but I'm enjoying what these Colts have given me....the comebacks...the nail biters...the wins...and some of the losses they performed admirably....some not and I've moved past those. Enjoy it....we could be Cleveland fans folks.

Luck wasn't moving the pile, he was being driven backward. I thought blowing that one dead was the right call. 

Ball was never wrapped up, and even though he was stopped, he pretty quickly started moving forward again. That was just poor tackling and a good play by Ball.

Thats right Supes. Sometimes I wonder if I live in an alternate universe....we ALL watched the game on NBC correct? We NEVER even grabbed Ball...he ran right in and Werner just eye tackled him...and he waltzed right in. Luck was on the verge of being gang tackled by 11 guys and pushing him back almost 10 yds....I was worried he was going to break like a twig with all that weight on him...he is so strong its unbelievable but he never went forward a bit...and was wrapped up. If they didn't stop the play we would have cried foul for roughing him up...I just don't know what people see. Same with the pass interference calls etc...it was a pretty evenly called game and they were pretty consistant...minus a play on either side I think.

Defense will be fine with what we have. It has too there is no one to go get. It would be silly to make some crazy trade. No need to panic which I don't think Grig's will do anyway.

We need to build in the draft. AFC is still wide open.

We nearly beat the mighty Bronco's last night in spite of a lot of things coaching being one of them especially from the OC. That would be an easy fix.

Posted · Hidden by B-B, September 9, 2014 - Offensive
Hidden by B-B, September 9, 2014 - Offensive

Ryan Grigson and Chuck "lose every game but its ok because i had teh cancer" Pagano both need to be fired. This is inexcusible, and there is no backup plan for mathis, the colts are on their way to an 0-16 season, and t-rich is still averaging 3.3 yards per carry. Andrew Luck cant save their jobs forever. It is safe to say, the sky is clearly falling. Time to blow this team up..

Defense will be fine with what we have. It has too there is no one to go get. It would be silly to make some crazy trade. No need to panic which I don't think Grig's will do anyway.

We need to build in the draft. AFC is still wide open.

We nearly beat the mighty Bronco's last night in spite of a lot of things coaching being one of them especially from the OC. That would be an easy fix.

ak we agree

Posted · Hidden by B-B, September 9, 2014 - Quoted Hidden Post
Hidden by B-B, September 9, 2014 - Quoted Hidden Post

Ryan Grigson and Chuck "lose every game but its ok because i had teh cancer" Pagano both need to be fired. This is inexcusible, and there is no backup plan for mathis, the colts are on their way to an 0-16 season, and t-rich is still averaging 3.3 yards per carry. Andrew Luck cant save their jobs forever. It is safe to say, the sky is clearly falling. Time to blow this team up..

Ugh

Thats right Supes. Sometimes I wonder if I live in an alternate universe....we ALL watched the game on NBC correct? We NEVER even grabbed Ball...he ran right in and Werner just eye tackled him...and he waltzed right in. Luck was on the verge of being gang tackled by 11 guys and pushing him back almost 10 yds....I was worried he was going to break like a twig with all that weight on him...he is so strong its unbelievable but he never went forward a bit...and was wrapped up. If they didn't stop the play we would have cried foul for roughing him up...I just don't know what people see. Same with the pass interference calls etc...it was a pretty evenly called game and they were pretty consistant...minus a play on either side I think.

I'm so glad you live in a universe where you can use your photo genic memory to recall every detail of a game. I thought Ball ran in to a pile and his progress was stopped. Please forgive me for my delusional memory.

You're up to what 12 accounts now? You may want to look into karma before making light of someone having cancer and using that as an excuse. You aren't clever, you certainly aren't funny, and you aren't the least bit orginal.

You're more than welcome to crawl back to whatever bridge you came from.

I'm sorry..... I can't take anyone with the name Justin Bieber seriously :lol:rotflmao

We are in trouble. I'm getting so fed up with these teams inability to stay healthy.

Football is a game that involves big guys hitting each other very hard, and sometimes the littlest of things cause guys to get hurt. We are in trouble... and will hopefully come out and rebound. One game does not make a season nor does one player make a team.

I'm so glad you live in a universe where you can use your photo genic memory to recall every detail of a game. I thought Ball ran in to a pile and his progress was stopped. Please forgive me for my delusional memory.

did u watch the game. Please tell me who grabbed ball? Also tell me how far luck was driven back and how many broncos had him wrapped up? Any other time people would be crying that they let luck get roughed up. I support my Colts but I'm not blind.

The season is over, were not winning without Mathis. It's going to be difficult to win the division with how much improved the Titans are under Wisenhunt, let alone beat the Broncos or Patriots in the playoffs without him. If any other team loss their best defensive player, that team wouldn't win a superbowl and probably not a playoff game. That's how important Mathis is too this team, he's irreplaceable.

I originally had the Colts going 11-5, but now with this injury I have us finishing 8-8 and not winning the division. We barely beat the Titans last year and that's with Mathis, it's going to be tough to beat them without him. Luck has to play perfect for us to have a chance at winning games, opposing QB's will have lots of time to throw in the pocket.

This team was really never good enough even with Mathis from a talent standpoint to beat teams like the Broncos, Seahawks, Patriots, 49ers, and Saints in the playoffs. Many of us expectations for this team were too high coming into the season, this team is still two good drafts away from being a serious superbowl contender. Maybe the best thing for this team is to end up with a top 10 pick and draft one of the top defensive players because this team needs a couple of probowlers to compete with the best teams in the league.

did u watch the game. Please tell me who grabbed ball? Also tell me how far luck was driven back and how many broncos had him wrapped up? Any other time people would be crying that they let luck get roughed up. I support my Colts but I'm not blind.

Obviously If I didn't agree with what superman said I would have responded to him. Instead I liked his comment cause I agreed. But then you have to go and out your two cents in. Feel better?

Obviously If I didn't agree with what superman said I would have responded to him. Instead I liked his comment cause I agreed. But then you have to go and out your two cents in. Feel better?

miss understanding. I heard a lot of crying from others and that's my bad. I hate sore losers. We can beat them but we didn't earn it last night and it was because of ourselves. I apologize I miss read that.

The season is over, were not winning without Mathis. It's going to be difficult to win the division with how much improved the Titans are under Wisenhunt, let alone beat the Broncos or Patriots in the playoffs without him. If any other team loss their best defensive player, that team wouldn't win a superbowl and probably not a playoff game. That's how important Mathis is too this team, he's irreplaceable.

I originally had the Colts going 11-5, but now with this injury I have us finishing 8-8 and not winning the division. We barely beat the Titans last year and that's with Mathis, it's going to be tough to beat them without him. Luck has to play perfect for us to have a chance at winning games, opposing QB's will have lots of time to throw in the pocket.

This team was really never good enough even with Mathis from a talent standpoint to beat teams like the Broncos, Seahawks, Patriots, 49ers, and Saints in the playoffs. Many of us expectations for this team were too high coming into the season, this team is still two good drafts away from being a serious superbowl contender. Maybe the best thing for this team is to end up with a top 10 pick and draft one of the top defensive players because this team needs a couple of probowlers to compete with the best teams in the league.

Top 10 pick? Did you watch the Broncos game? If the team was 2-3 3rd down conversions better we might have pulled that one out or converted 1 more time in the redzone......Or had one of our Linebackers stepped up, I mean we didn't really play well but if the Broncos did not have J Thomas they would have been in a world of trouble at home