Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Confirmed: Robert Mathis out for season with torn Achilles (merge)

Indeee

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so I underestimated the number by 8. You're making it seem like everyone on the board and every Colts fan in general said the Colts would blow out the Broncos.

I don't think anyone corrected it at all except for me and maybe one other person.  I'm sure lots of people saw it.  I'm not saying everyone should have said how ridiculous that was but you'd think if the majority of the forum disagreed it would have at least gotten a few more people saying so especially opposed to the 12 people that liked it and all the people agreeing with it,

Posted · Hidden by Superman, September 8, 2014 - inappropriate
Hidden by Superman, September 8, 2014 - inappropriate

I personally would love to have Sam.  I wanted him in the draft, and watching him in the preseason.  I want him even more now.  I don't know why he's being discussed as a replacement for Mathis, that is a bit absurd, but he would add quality rotational depth to our line.

Your Nutz.. Michael sam sux literally and figuratively...

Youd trade for a guy who might get you one sack every 10 games... Ha!!

I don't think anyone corrected it at all except for me and maybe one other person.  I'm sure lots of people saw it.  I'm not saying everyone should have said how ridiculous that was but you'd think if the majority of the forum disagreed it would have at least gotten a few more people saying so especially opposed to the 12 people that liked it and all the people agreeing with it,

Corrected it? LOL. Let fans be fans. Exuberant fandom before a big game doesn't mean people are delusional. 

And again, why not just state your opinion, without going out of your way to put the rest of the fanbase down? You think the Colts are gonna have a tough year, just say it. The "and everyone who disagrees is delusional, and I'm disappointed in you all" is unnecessary and condescending.

Cordarro Law off the Chargers PS might be worth signing, He has the raw ability to succeed, Don't know if he is worth a spot on the 53 though at this point, I think we would have to sign him to the 53 wouldn't we since he is on the Chargers PS?

A loss no doubt, but are we certain he would have been as effective this year as last year?

If the fertility drug was really masking a PED, then he may have come off of them and not been as effective as last year anyway.

Don't trade any picks for a pass rusher.  Roll with what we have.

Trade a pick during the draft next year to move into the top 15 and select a real 34 OLB, which Mathis really wasn't anyway.

So, you don't see any chance that Luck will see the way they are building a solid team around Peyton now that he left the Colts and wish for the same thing?

We don't know exactly what conversations happen behind those doors, even with Peyton and Denver. You can't win the championship overnight, it takes time. This is Andrew's & teams 3rd year in the rebuild. We will get there!

We don't know exactly what conversations happen behind those doors, even with Peyton and Denver. You can't win the championship overnight, it takes time. This is Andrew's & teams 3rd year in the rebuild. We will get there!

I think the issue is that many of the best players on the Colts are on rookie contracts and when those are up the team is going to hit salary cap issues.  These few years are the best this team will ever be and it has been very unlucky with injuries.  Grigson by now you should realize cannot get big name players here the way that other teams like Denver can.  These are the only real years Indianapolis can win a Superbowl and the team has been very unlucky.  It's unfortunate but I see a long line of decent to good regular seasons ahead and several division titles and then several early playoff defeats.  It will take years to see if that is an accurate prediction but I have a strong feeling it will be.

This isn't happening.  The Colts fielded a good team last night against one of the best teams in the NFL if not the best team.  Just because there is no hope of making a Super bowl run doesn't mean that the Colts can't still win the division and probably come away with a 10-6 record.

I fear, edged game won't turn in our favor. Let's see how we perform against others...but this gonna be tough.

The funny thing is..... Who do we release IF we do get a replacement?

Cause Mathis technically already isn't on our roster and we have 53 so someone still has to go even when we move him to IR cause he never counted against our roster

:dunno:

Harvey or Tipton

Reggie managed to recover fully from torn ACL. I hope Bob can do the same!

He looks like he did....still too early to say for sure but Robert is carrying an extra 60lbs and being roughed up and pushed and banged around a lot more....but sure he can come back....I think you have to have a contingency plan though.

I doubt we find a better pass rusher out there right now then what we have.  Perhaps McNary rushes more from the outside.  Hopefully Newsome develops quickly.  And lets not bury Werner yet.  He faced one of the best left tackles in the game in Clady. And a QB who gets sacked the least of any QB in the NFL over his career.

I thought I was seeing things when I saw the ESPN crawler say something about Mathis, I'm like, wait, why is he in the news.  Then I put my glasses on and lost my appetite for dinner.  How many seasons have we gone with having at least either Freeney or Mathis to look forward to seeing.  Someone needs to step up and I think that will happen.

I thought I was seeing things when I saw the ESPN crawler say something about Mathis, I'm like, wait, why is he in the news. Then I put my glasses on and lost my appetite for dinner. How many seasons have we gone with having at least either Freeney or Mathis to look forward to seeing. Someone needs to step up and I think that will happen.

Popped up on my bleacher report and it literally made me sick to my stomach

Corrected it? LOL. Let fans be fans. Exuberant fandom before a big game doesn't mean people are delusional. 

And again, why not just state your opinion, without going out of your way to put the rest of the fanbase down? You think the Colts are gonna have a tough year, just say it. The "and everyone who disagrees is delusional, and I'm disappointed in you all" is unnecessary and condescending.

Can't agree more Supes...while I still think we aren't there yet personel-wise especially after the Mathis injury we are a very very good team and moving in the right direction. I like what I see....we need some big improvement on the OL but with that and a pass rusher and we would be favorites IMO. I think we are improving every year...along with Luck. He is on the cusp of being in that elite category....and I think he makes it there within the next year or so....I really do.

We do not need a knee jerk reaction

Yes, many fans are going overboard, but some of the concern is warranted.  It is not just the loss of Mathis ... it's a combination of the Mathis news along with the fact we just watched a defensive line unable to generate any sort of legitimate pass rush.  I have been a defender of giving Werner time to develop, but I am leaning more and more toward thinking he is never going to be "that guy" and even less likely that it would be this year (if ever). 

I am tired of this *@!% every season. :wall:  Such random bull crap!   Huge void on defense now.  Without a pass rush, Colts will be hard pressed to make it pass the elite teams in the Conference. 

Hopefully Mathis rebounds next year but achilles injuries are no joke.

This a huge void in the locker room but not sure about on the field

Yes, many fans are going overboard, but some of the concern is warranted.  It is not just the loss of Mathis ... it's a combination of the Mathis news along with the fact we just watched a defensive line unable to generate any sort of legitimate pass rush.  I have been a defender of giving Werner time to develop, but I am leaning more and more toward thinking he is never going to be "that guy" and even less likely that it would be this year (if ever).

Last night should be thrown out because it was against multiple all probers on the line and PM under center

Yes, many fans are going overboard, but some of the concern is warranted. It is not just the loss of Mathis ... it's a combination of the Mathis news along with the fact we just watched a defensive line unable to generate any sort of legitimate pass rush. I have been a defender of giving Werner time to develop, but I am leaning more and more toward thinking he is never going to be "that guy" and even less likely that it would be this year (if ever).

I think he can be good. But maybe more in waldens roll. Think he's more the Kruger roll for us.

Last night should be thrown out because it was against multiple all probers on the line and PM under center

Those are the types of teams we would be facing in the playoffs or SB.  And I am not saying I expected Werner to regularly get the better of Clady or the line should have been all over Peyton, but Werner was invisible I hoped to see him at least give get close a couple times. We are just not going to be a real contender of we cannot generate a consistent pass rush without blitzing.

I think he can be good. But maybe more in waldens roll. Think he's more the Kruger roll for us.

I agree I think he can definitely have a role on the team, but I don't think it is going to be the pass rushing roll that was envisioned when we drafted him.

I agree I think he can definitely have a role on the team, but I don't think it is going to be the pass rushing roll that was envisioned when we drafted him.

He'll need to develop more than a bull rush if he hopes to. I could see him being a distruptive Jared Allen type

Those are the types of teams we would be facing in the playoffs or SB.  And I am not saying I expected Werner to regularly get the better of Clady or the line should have been all over Peyton, but Werner was invisible I hoped to see him at least give get close a couple times. We are just not going to be a real contender of we cannot generate a consistent pass rush without blitzing.

agreed but let's wait and see wait the guys we have can do because the is not much out there right now

Can't agree more Supes...while I still think we aren't there yet personel-wise especially after the Mathis injury we are a very very good team and moving in the right direction. I like what I see....we need some big improvement on the OL but with that and a pass rusher and we would be favorites IMO. I think we are improving every year...along with Luck. He is on the cusp of being in that elite category....and I think he makes it there within the next year or so....I really do.

Yup.

People are talking like this team HAS to win a Super Bowl before Luck's contract expires. It's silly. We're two seasons away from 2-14. Being a fan used to be about enjoying the process, the journey, watching your team grow and come together to do something great. Now, it's about instant gratification, and if it doesn't happen on opening day, then you might as well shut it down for the next four months.

I was really kind of shocked by the tone in the game thread. Yeah, we were getting the brakes beat off of us for a lot of the game, but even when things started going our way, every incompletion it was a flood of negative comments, and then virtual silence when we scored. It's almost like people are rooting for the team to lose so that they can wallow in their self-prophesied misery. I don't get it. I thought you were supposed to enjoy being a sports fan.

I'm not talking about the picks. All of his forced passes don't lead to picks but they are drive killers

There were numerous times last night where Andrew forced passes to players who weren't open and missed those who were

Only difference between Luck and Romo yesterday was Romo's passes turned to 3 picks

Luck had 2

If you think that is the only difference between romo and luck yesterday you need to stop watching football. Maybe basket weaving is more your speed

Not everyone but many of the people here are as evidenced by the thread and all the people going on about how the Colts would blow out the Broncos. Completely divorced from reality.

Define many. I can remember a "few" but it was far from many. They weren't anymore wrong than people like you claiming the colts would get blown out