Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh Gordon, the Car Salesman

Narcosys

All jokes aside, I don't think it could be a better testament to what he'll be doing if he doesn't find a way to overcome his drug problem.  You want commish or do you want an eventual 7 digit contract with the NFL?  Of course, now that he'll be in the NFL Substance Abuse Program for the rest of his career, he's made it virtually impossible to get a max WR deal.  Instead, I would imagine that it will be an incentive laced contract that cuts all guarantees in the event of another violation - with the guarantees likely being backloaded.

All jokes aside, I don't think it could be a better testament to what he'll be doing if he doesn't find a way to overcome his drug problem.  You want commish or do you want an eventual 7 digit contract with the NFL?  Of course, now that he'll be in the NFL Substance Abuse Program for the rest of his career, he's made it virtually impossible to get a max WR deal.  Instead, I would imagine that it will be an incentive laced contract that cuts all guarantees in the event of another violation - with the guarantees likely being backloaded.

If thats what happens...ouch, dang.  Dont even bother coming back lol.

If thats what happens...ouch, dang.  Dont even bother coming back lol.

That's pretty much what happened to Brandon Browner.  His entire contract is incentive based save for about $1 million due this year (minus 4 game checks for his suspension) and he gets most of it in years 2 and 3 ($2 million, $ 7 million, and then $7 million).  Granted, Browner wasn't going to get a top 5 CB deal, so he didn't really lose too much money overall given his age. 

"Working" he's going to show up sign some autographs and leave while * get a bad deal on a car. 

Probably, but that's not what the owner of the dealership said. We'll see how it goes.

If he does wind up doing 40 hour weeks and junk like that, I think it's a bad idea. First off, having known a lot of car salesmen, they aren't generally the best company for a person dealing with substance abuse issues. Second, even though he's suspended, Gordon should consider himself a full-time athlete, IMO. 

Speaking of Gordon, what do you guys think the chances are that Gordon could see his suspension reduced due to a new drug policy agreement between the NFL and the NFLPA??

Of course the problem is that the agreement would have to specify that it would be applied retroactively to anyone who's currently under suspension.