Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jerome Bettis just released

Rebelknight

Bettis was a good work horse back in his day, but like BF4 said, he hasn't been in pads for a longtime. If we wanna really get whacky, go ask Bill Cowher if he wants to coach again to? 

That's a no on both counts. I like Jerome, but he's done playing & he has a nice studio gig. He's not coming back to pound the rock anytime soon. 

Bettis was a good work horse back in his day, but like BF4 said, he hasn't been in pads for a longtime. If we wanna really get whacky, go ask Bill Cowher if he wants to coach again to? 

That's a no on both counts. I like Jerome, but he's done playing & he has a nice studio gig. He's not coming back to pound the rock anytime soon.

Thanks Capt Obvious

That's wierd. He hasn't played in what.. 8 years. I didn't even know there was a reserve/retired list.

Yeah and Phil Costa is on ours.  I believe the idea is that if a player retires though they will not play anymore you still hold the rights to that player.  So if they come out of retirement that player belongs to your team.

Probably mainly to make sure that players can't get out of teams they are unhappy with by retiring and then un-retiring.

Yeah and Phil Costa is on ours.  I believe the idea is that if a player retires though they will not play anymore you still hold the rights to that player.  So if they come out of retirement that player belongs to your team.

Probably mainly to make sure that players can't get out of teams they are unhappy with by retiring and then un-retiring.

Isn't that kinda what Brett Favre did?  I never really understood his whole situation.

Yeah and Phil Costa is on ours. I believe the idea is that if a player retires though they will not play anymore you still hold the rights to that player. So if they come out of retirement that player belongs to your team.

That's actually very smart.

Isn't that kinda what Brett Favre did?  I never really understood his whole situation.

No, when he un-retired Green Bay had decided they where going to move forward with Rogers and told Farve if he wanted to come back he'd have to be the backup QB.

Farve didn't like this situation so they just solved it by trading him to the Jets.

No, when he un-retired Green Bay had decided they where going to move forward with Rogers and told Farve if he wanted to come back he'd have to be the backup QB.

Farve didn't like this situation so they just solved it by trading him to the Jets.

but when he "retired" from the Jets he went on this lust and they released him leading to him going to the Vikings. I know Favre retired so many times it's hard to keep track of all of them lol.

but when he "retired" from the Jets he went on this lust and they released him leading to him going to the Vikings. I know Favre retired so many times it's hard to keep track of all of them lol.

I don't know if he had a 1 year or multi-year contract from the Jets.  But part of that may have been that his time with the Jets was so bad that they decided that even if he un-retired again (which he did) they didn't want to put him under center.

He was apparently hurt when he played for the Jets and a lot of people forget he had a really bad season that year.

He did finish strong with the Vikings.

I saw where The bus was released should we go after him?

I am kidding of course we have depth at the RB position. .

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/03/for-the-record-jerome-bettis-is-now-an-nfl-free-agent/

They also released a past center, past tackle and past CB.  I think the Colts should sign them all and it would be a guarantee to the SB.  A bunch of experienced guys with SB that could be had at the league minimum.... Who wouldn't make that deal?