Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LOL

ColtsBTM12

is this a joke? majority of rookies as his offensive weapons his rookie year and numerous injuries last year and he has still guides us to 23-12 in two years including playoffs. not everyone can have a defense and a running game like "dangerRUS"

is this a joke? majority of rookies as his offensive weapons his rookie year and numerous injuries last year and he has still guides us to 23-12 in two years including playoffs. not everyone can have a defense and a running game like "dangerRUS"

And yet managed to beat the ELITE teams last season ....  :Nuke:

He must have missed the Colts/Seahawks game huh?

He must have missed the past two years. He's probably one of those people that just looks at the stat sheet and draws conclusions on things without watching the games or taking anything else into account. Here we are in the midst of week 1 of football season and he feels entitled to get on a professional website and bash a team and a player just so he can let everyone know what his opinion is. This guys a true professional.

Ehh, he has some valid points.  I think a LOT of people (media, fans, etc) have been way too quick on crowning Luck among the elite QB's.  I'm glad hes our QB, and I sure wouldn't trade him for many of the other QB's in the league...but that's mostly because of his POTENTIAL.  Not for what he has done so far.  Yes, he's had some stunning comebacks; but the truth is, he has had a hand in putting us in catch up mode at times.

Now don't take this the wrong way.  I'm in no way bashing Luck.  He's been great for a (now) 3rd year QB. I just don't think he's done enough to put him up there with the big 4 yet.

After he said we will be picking top 10 next year, I realized I was wasting my time. Everybody has opinions...Some I just don't care to hear from. I'll add him to my list

seahawk fans hate us. bronco fans hate us. im sure chief fans hate us. what do they have in common? got their butt kicked by us. ignore the noise

I think the article is proven ridiculous by the headlines....   which I'll cut and paste (and then crush)

The Case Against Andrew Luck

In a make-or-break NFL season, the Colts' quarterback must finally be elite

OK....

Why is this a make-or-break season?    You mean if he doesn't clearly demonstrate his greatness to the writer after this year,  then the rest of his career is meaningless?    Nonsense.  

And in the 2nd part of that headline, "the Colts' QB must finally be elite"...     Wait?   What?!?    Like he hasn't been elite enough alreadfy?      How does this * think the Colts won 23 games in his first two years?     Even the word "finally" is obnoxious.  It's as if they guy has been waiting forever for Luck to be elite and -- darn it -- Luck better step up this year or that's that!

Hey,  go cry a hissy-fit somewhere else.

I'm so tired of nobody writer's trying to build a career by taking on the giants of sports and trying to tear them down.

BOARING!!!!       :sleepy:      

That's why I don't watch the news anymore. Can't rely on anything but you're own research. Sorry for getting on my soapbox. Back to hating WANNABE hack sports journalist

Agreed haha. Its hard for me too even watch alot of fox anymore. Sometimes even Facebook pages are more reliable and have more facts. What a shame

If the Luck we have seen the last two years is not "elite" I feel sorry for the nfl when it clicks and becomes more consistent. Cause what I've seen he's had some bad moments (which people like to forget about manning) but he looks pretty good. I'm more than happy to have him.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, September 4, 2014 - political
Hidden by Superman, September 4, 2014 - political

Agreed haha. Its hard for me too even watch alot of fox anymore. Sometimes even Facebook pages are more reliable and have more facts. What a shame

Lol, you must be a democrat

Lol, just talking about the Fox News comment. You can't trust any of the news station these days. Sorry to get off topic.

Lol fox is the only I watch anymore, sometimes even there too opinionated for me. Thats where im getting at. Watching news I want too see facts, but thats not the way it goes anymore

Lol fox is the only I watch anymore, sometimes even there too opinionated for me. Thats where im getting at. Watching news I want too see facts, but thats not the way it goes anymore

Gotcha, misread it. I'm totally with you.

Even in sports. News, especially espn is the most biased load of crap.

Ehh, he has some valid points.  I think a LOT of people (media, fans, etc) have been way too quick on crowning Luck among the elite QB's.  I'm glad hes our QB, and I sure wouldn't trade him for many of the other QB's in the league...but that's mostly because of his POTENTIAL.  Not for what he has done so far.  Yes, he's had some stunning comebacks; but the truth is, he has had a hand in putting us in catch up mode at times.

Now don't take this the wrong way.  I'm in no way bashing Luck.  He's been great for a (now) 3rd year QB. I just don't think he's done enough to put him up there with the big 4 yet.

You say you'd take him based on his "potential" but, what difference does it make? Luck is elite, one might ask; why doesn't the stat sheet say so SilentHill?

Well, let me take you on a journey called the coaching staff of the Indianapolis Colts.

Year 1 (2012) Luck comes from the ground and pound at Stanford to the NFL, to run Bruce Arians offense, sure it took some learning, and he made some rookie gaffs, but he started to excel in that offense, and it showed down the stretch, unfortunately that offense only lasted one season.

Year 2 (2013) Luck goes from a system he's probably comfortable with, to go back to this ground and pound garbage, which is great when you have a QB like Joe Flacco, but i regress. This run the ball down the opponents throat mentality is the exact OPPOSITE of where the NFL is trending, and is the exact OPPOSITE of every strength of this football team. Due to injuries and poor performance by the o-line and T-Rich Luck was allowed to open up the offense down the stretch last season, run the no huddle and make other teams feel the wrath that is Andrew Luck.

What it all comes down to, is that Luck himself is elite, it doesn't matter what the stat sheets say, you don't have to look any further than what he has had to overcome in his first two NFL seasons just to get to the playoffs twice. This is for all intents and purposes the offense's 2nd year with this system, which hopefully has smartened up and changed for the good, and looks like Luck is going to have some serious control this season. Stay tuned and watch the elite unfold in front of your eyes, because i guarantee this season will be magical.

"The secondary also doesn't figure to be great after strong safety Antoine Bethea left via free agency." 

LOL!  Kenneth Arthur Bethea needed to be released about 1 season earlier. He's no loss for INDY. I respect his time spent here, but I'm glad we finally cut him loose. Is this what passes for analysis now? Sad...

"But the story of his so-called arrival as a great one, let alone one of the elite, is fiction." Skip Bayless is that you?  haha

"Two of his three picks led to scoring drives by the Chiefs." Hey there genius & I use the term loosely; who won that game again Mr. Arthur? Oh yeah, the QB you implied was overrated.  :P

Year 1 (2012) Luck comes from the ground and pound at Stanford to the NFL, to run Bruce Arians offense, sure it took some learning, and he made some rookie gaffs, but he started to excel in that offense, and it showed down the stretch, unfortunately that offense only lasted one season.

Year 2 (2013) Luck goes from a system he's probably comfortable with, to go back to this ground and pound garbage, which is great when you have a QB like Joe Flacco, but i regress. This run the ball down the opponents throat mentality is the exact OPPOSITE of where the NFL is trending, and is the exact OPPOSITE of every strength of this football team. Due to injuries and poor performance by the o-line and T-Rich Luck was allowed to open up the offense down the stretch last season, run the no huddle and make other teams feel the wrath that is Andrew Luck.

What it all comes down to, is that Luck himself is elite, it doesn't matter what the stat sheets say, you don't have to look any further than what he has had to overcome in his first two NFL seasons just to get to the playoffs twice. This is for all intents and purposes the offense's 2nd year with this system, which hopefully has smartened up and changed for the good, and looks like Luck is going to have some serious control this season. Stay tuned and watch the elite unfold in front of your eyes, because i guarantee this season will be magical.

You have some....   interesting observations....

As someone who saw every play of every game in Luck's 3 years of playing at Stanford,  let me take you through the same two years....    I never thought Luck seemed overly comfortable in the system.   Not completing passes at a %54 clip.

Then you say "unfortunately" that system only lasted one year.     I say....  "Thank God!"    I thought it would get Luck killed,  just the way Pittsburgh thought it was getting Ben Roethlisberger killed there.

And then you refer to the ground and pound he ran at Stanford.   Let's be clear about something.   Luck was called the most NFL ready QB to come out of college since Peyton Manning for a reason.   Stanford runs an NFL style offense.   Sure they run more than they pass,   but they do pass and it's not the bubble screen stuff that many college call passing...   they throw down the field.

Luck was passing the ball 25 times a game his 1st year,  30 times a game his 2nd year and 32 times a game his 3rd year.

Luck wasn't just turning around and handing the ball off to a running back.

Finally....  your comment about how the NFL is moving away from the running game.     In case you didn't notice,  and you didn't,  the final 4 teams in the NFL all made a commitment to the running game to one degree or another.   Seattle, known for Lynch.  Even Denver with it's sensational passing game, still had Moreno run for more than 1,000 yards...   SF is a power running team and NE ran the ball very well to compliment Brady.     Need more?    How about Philly and it's commitment to a running game.

The Colts want a running game on offense for the same reason they try to stop the running game of the opposition.   They want to make the opposition one dimensional and they don't want Luck to lead a one dimensional offense.

This isn't hard to figure out.    It's not like this is the first time anyone has said this.    The Colts don't want Luck throwing the ball more than 35-36 times a game.     And certainly not more than 40.    They want balance.    It's easier to be successful when you're balanced.

We're going to continue to attempt to pound out a running game this year...   Pagano has already said so....   I hope you're ready for it....   it's coming.

Why is this a make-or-break season?    You mean if he doesn't clearly demonstrate his greatness to the writer after this year,  then the rest of his career is meaningless?    Nonsense.  

I'm so tired of nobody writer's trying to build a career by taking on the giants of sports and trying to tear them down.

You read my mind NCF. I was thinking the exact same thing. Writing a column in journalism used to revolve around providing the reader with logical arguments not stroking their own ego to fit a flawed thesis or perspective. Apparently, paying your dues to get a prominent column is a much shorter climb to the top now or is it a race to the bottom with conjecture & speculation? I can't tell anymore. 

Okay, maybe I'm stupid, but why are up & coming superstar QBs always compared to HOF QBs & not say the defense trying to kill the drive & get the ball back? QBs don't square off against each other ever.

I wish reporters would stop doing this mo-ronic technique. It's a major pet peeve of mine. What relevancy does Manning have on Luck's development or longterm success? Zero, zilch, nada. 

"In the same period of time, Christian Ponder has even managed a passer rating of 80.1."

Are you freaking kidding me?! You are gonna use Christian Ponder to knock Andrew Luck's ability to throw the football. Are you insane?! He's the 3rd string QB on the Vikings roster behind Cassel & Bridgewater. Unbelievable...Wow. I'm speechless. That's not a complement either BTW. What university did Mr. Arthur graduate from? Can I see his diploma please. 

You have some....   interesting observations....

As someone who saw every play of every game in Luck's 3 years of playing at Stanford,  let me take you through the same two years....    I never thought Luck seemed overly comfortable in the system.   Not completing passes at a %54 clip.

Then you say "unfortunately" that system only lasted one year.     I say....  "Thank God!"    I thought it would get Luck killed,  just the way Pittsburgh thought it was getting Ben Roethlisberger killed there.

And then you refer to the ground and pound he ran at Stanford.   Let's be clear about something.   Luck was called the most NFL ready QB to come out of college since Peyton Manning for a reason.   Stanford runs an NFL style offense.   Sure they run more than they pass,   but they do pass and it's not the bubble screen stuff that many college call passing...   they throw down the field.

Luck was passing the ball 25 times a game his 1st year,  30 times a game his 2nd year and 32 times a game his 3rd year.

Luck wasn't just turning around and handing the ball off to a running back.

Finally....  your comment about how the NFL is moving away from the running game.     In case you didn't notice,  and you didn't,  the final 4 teams in the NFL all made a commitment to the running game to one degree or another.   Seattle, known for Lynch.  Even Denver with it's sensational passing game, still had Moreno run for more than 1,000 yards...   SF is a power running team and NE ran the ball very well to compliment Brady.     Need more?    How about Philly and it's commitment to a running game.

The Colts want a running game on offense for the same reason they try to stop the running game of the opposition.   They want to make the opposition one dimensional and they don't want Luck to lead a one dimensional offense.

This isn't hard to figure out.    It's not like this is the first time anyone has said this.    The Colts don't want Luck throwing the ball more than 35-36 times a game.     And certainly not more than 40.    They want balance.    It's easier to be successful when you're balanced.

We're going to continue to attempt to pound out a running game this year...   Pagano has already said so....   I hope you're ready for it....   it's coming.

The Bruce Arians system was a little dangerous at first, but it would have morphed into something great I feel. It has the first step right, it just needed a little tweaking, what we didn't need was a complete refocus and shift of direction, which is what pep brought in (and also what Pagano wanted).

You misunderstood, whether it be intentional or not, I said the NFL is trending away from the ground and pound, not a running game. I too want a running game, just like everyone else, but we need a Broncos style running game, one that disguises runs, not just lining up in the strong I and saying here ya go, we need play action, we need the pass to open up the run. What we were doing was trying to run to open the pass, that is like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

I hope this clarifies.