Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

unitaswestand

Who Will Colts Pick With Their Top 5 Pick After Luck Trade?

A. Manning is going to give us 3-4 more solid years.

B. (If Manning is done or the Colts Organization thinks he is done AND they don't want to pay the 28 million roster bonus next year...)

OPTION A.

RD 1: Draft Luck (Trade to Miami or Washington for their next three RD 1 picks.

RD 1: Draft Barkley...Trade Barkley to Washington or Seattle for 2 RD 1 picks and a RD 2...

RD 1: Draft Clayborne CB or Kirkpatrick CB or Martin OT or Kalil OT (From Miami/Washington)

RD 2: Draft Decastro G

RD 2: Draft Barron SS (From WASH/SEATTLE)

RD 3: Draft BEST Available...

RD 4: Draft BEST Available...

RD 5: Draft BEST Available...

(3 RD 1 Picks) (From 2012 Luck/Barkley and our normal RD 1)

2014 ****DRAFT QB****

(2 RD 1 Picks) (From 2012 Luck and our normal RD 1)

Back to Normal (Peyton Retires)

OPTION B.

RD 1: Draft Andrew Luck QB

RD 2: Draft Decastro G or Konz C

RD 3: Best Available...etc...etc...etc...etc...

Ok, so obviously I believe Manning will be back healthy next year and that the #1 pick the Colts have will be traded to a team that has a top 5 pick as well. I still think Miami is the best team to trade to, although they need to stop winning games! I am pretending the Colts trade the #1 overall pick to Miami for the first and second this year, and their first next year.

Personally, I would like to see the Colts go Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State. Bill loves to take skill position players and Reggie isn't getting any younger. With Castonza in place, I don't see the Colts going Kalil. Blackmons big play ability is sorely missed since Marvin had to call it a career. I know secondary is a concern but I don't there are players that grade out this high.

Where I think the secondary will be address is in the second round. The Colts would have the top pick in round 2 plus another top 5 second round pick. So hopefully they can address the secondary here.

Where do you all see the Colts going assuming the trade the Luck pick, which I believe they very much will?

Manning health is a big question mark as well as his age.They are going to draft Luck so there will not be a trade.

Nobody wants Weeden. We want Blackmon, not his ancient QB.

He's not that old,28.I just think he has Chris Weinke written all over him,good college qb,overaged,not so good pro qb.Blackmon is the real deal,probably inflates his stats a lot.

He's not that old,28.I just think he has Chris Weinke written all over him,good college qb,overaged,not so good pro qb.Blackmon is the real deal,probably inflates his stats a lot.

Agreed on all points.

Where do you all see the Colts going assuming the trade the Luck pick, which I believe they very much will?

If, based on the evaluation of the Polians (and there's another one at Stanford), Luck is the best College QB prospect to come along in years and could possibly be another "Peyton/Elway"...Luck will be a Colt next season.

How often does a team with a future HOFer at QB (with only a couple of years left) get to draft a "phenom" that can lead them for the next 15 years...rarely ever. To trade that away, hoping that another such "phenom" drops to you in the next couple of years when (with Manning at QB) you will be picking at the bottom of the draft, is gambling/trading away your future.

It reminds me of when David Robinson was injured for the season and the Spurs(like the Colts) played like crap and got the first pick; they drafted Duncan and the team remained successful long after Robinson eventually retired

I have purposely stayed away from the forum for a while because of all the nonsensical threads, but thought I would weigh in on this one. It is so freakin obvious that the Colts want to draft Luck that you would have to be deaf, blind, and braindead to not see it, but all you Luck haters keep coming up with your silly trade scenario's and your complete denial in realizing that Luck will be a Colt come April if it makes you feel better. You will be just that much more dissappointed when it comes to fruition.

I have purposely stayed away from the forum for a while because of all the nonsensical threads, but thought I would weigh in on this one. It is so freakin obvious that the Colts want to draft Luck that you would have to be deaf, blind, and braindead to not see it, but all you Luck haters keep coming up with your silly trade scenario's and your complete denial in realizing that Luck will be a Colt come April if it makes you feel better. You will be just that much more dissappointed when it comes to fruition.

Sounds all well and good, well except for calling people braindead :rolleyes: but have you perhaps anything of substance to back up your claim of it being so freakin obvious?

I havent seen anything making me think the colts WANT to draft Luck...

I havent seen anything making me think the colts WANT to draft Luck...

How about an aging QB with a neck injury that leaves the Colts season with no QB backup capable of overcoming an 0-16 season? That sounds like a good reason.

Couldn't have been said better. They just don't want to face reality; for the rest of us have already seen this move like a chess game 3 moves ahead of everyone.

Sounds all well and good, well except for calling people braindead :rolleyes: but have you perhaps anything of substance to back up your claim of it being so freakin obvious?

How about Irsay making hints to it like every week now... it doesn't take much more than a search engine and a keyboard to find your answer Jason. But then again that would be assuming that someone is braindead.. which i think you aren't. I just think you live in the past; Manning's glory years.