Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your picks for O.R.O.Y. and D.R.O.Y.

R.J. MacReady

Hyde was my 3rd choice after Jeremy Hill but I don't know if Hyde will get enough carries behind Gore BUT when he does get the majority of the carries he is gonna be a beast of a running back...Hill was actually my favorite running back coming out

Clowney will probably get it on defense, he has the inside track.  If he gets injured or fails then Mack.

On offense I'm going to say Bishop Sankey.  

Reason: Watkins is held back by EJ Manuel.  Hyde someone mentioned is going to have to split carries with Frank Gore this year.  Next year he may take over completely but for now he's going to be splitting carries.

Sankey and Kelvin Benjamin are the top 2 rookies that are going to be relied on pretty much right away with their respective teams but also arn't held back by their quarterbacks.  There is no competition there worth mentioning.

RB's develop faster then WR's and Sankey is running behind one of the best lines in the NFL.  

Carr is the only rookie QB that's going to be starting right away so it's unlikely that the QB's will provide much competition.  (If Bortles was starting week 1 he'd be a top candidate.)

Clowney will probably get it on defense, he has the inside track. If he gets injured or fails then Mack.

On offense I'm going to say Bishop Sankey.

Reason: Watkins is held back by EJ Manuel. Hyde someone mentioned is going to have to split carries with Frank Gore this year. Next year he may take over completely but for now he's going to be splitting carries.

Sankey and Kelvin Benjamin are the top 2 rookies that are going to be relied on pretty much right away with their respective teams but also arn't held back by their quarterbacks. There is no competition there worth mentioning.

RB's develop faster then WR's and Sankey is running behind one of the best lines in the NFL.

Carr is the only rookie QB that's going to be starting right away so it's unlikely that the QB's will provide much competition. (If Bortles was starting week 1 he'd be a top candidate.)

Sankey isn't starting in Tennessee. Greene is.

I think if he starts 12 games I think Blake Bortles.  He looked sharp in his time during the preseason and if he can play close to that he will be a shoe in for the OROY award.  A rookie QB who is solid will trump about anyone else.

Clowney has the inside track and I think he will get it because he gets to play next to Watt for 16 games.  

I don't know. When Cam Newton played in his rookie year, Steve Smith had a very good year as outside wideout. Don't totally ignore Kelvin Benjamin on the outside as Cam's primary wideout. He has a chance to put up much bigger numbers than a Jordan Mathews who has to share his targets with so many others.

WR - Kelvin Benjamin

RB - Bishop Sankey because of Wisenhunt's run first philosophy

Defensive rookie of the year - I do think Clowney has an advantage going against ample bad O-lines in the AFC South, NFC East and AFC North especially playing alongside J.J.Watt

If hype helps then Johhny Manziel will win in a landslide lol

Different media attention Manziel gets Bieber attention they love to hate him while Clowney gets Golden Boy love even if he has a bunch of bad plays all they talk about is the one good play .