Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why Do The Eagles Win When They Should Lose And Lose When They Should Win?

ReMeDy

Unbelievable. The Eagles won with Vince Young (who threw 3 INT's) against a Giants team led by an elite QB. ( ::insert Eli joke here:: ). Let's also remember the Eagles lost against the Giants week 3, so the Giants should have been feeling confident. I've come to the conclusion the Eagles hate me. Every time I pick them to win, they lose, and every time I pick them to lose, they win, at the expense of my wallet and football pick'em pools. Let's review:

Philadelphia vs. Arizona - Week 11 (17-21)... Philly lose to John Skelton... John Skelton! And before anyone says Skelton's a solid QB, today against Seattle he went 6/19 with 3 INT's and no TD's. Skelton is pathetic, and for the once heralded "dream team" to lose to him is unforgivable on so many different levels. It's not like Skelton played superbly either, because he had two INT's. Oh, and Vick had a 32.5 QB rating with 2 INT's (wow, why did they trade Kolb away again?). One of the Eagle's TD's was a pick-6, so it could have been a lot worse. (I picked Philly to win).

Philadelphia vs. Chicago - Week 9 (24-30)... The Eagles were 7.5pt favorites playing at Philly, so what happened!?! Nevermind the fact the Bears don't have any grade-A WR's, their o-line is questionable, and Cutler has a penchant for holding the ball too long (I partially blame Mike Martz). Matt Forte also coughed up two fumbles. They were coming off a huge 34-7 win against Dallas! Plus, Chicago was playing @ Philly! What happened!?! (I picked Philly to win).

Philadelphia vs. Dallas - Week 8 (34-7)... How did they put up so many points against a Rob Ryan led defense? Where was Tony Romo all game?... On the bench, because the Eagles time of possession was 42:09! Pathetic. I should mention this was the game Rob Ryan was talking smack. Maybe that's why all the bad teams beat Philly... because bad teams do not talk smack! (I picked Dallas to win.)

I could go on, but you all get the point. I wish the Eagles would stop flip-flopping around and get serious. They epitomize teams who rise to challenges, only to blow off what should be easy wins. I for one am sick of their antics. It's time for the real Philadelphia Eagles to show up.

Well Joe..from what I heard the fans were yelling get rid of Reid by the 2nd half. Is that the sentiment around there?

Absolutely. There are very few that still believe in him, but more and more jump his ship after every loss. It's at the point where some want to lose out at this point. I would love to beat Dallas on Xmas Eve, only because my hatred for them runs deep no matter how disgusted I am with the Eagles, but other than that, I think things need to get worse before they get better. It's hard to flat out root for a loss, but I think getting embarrassed in Seattle would be the best thing for us. Change is long overdue.

Expect the unexpected. Unless your team is very consistent then don't think you can accurately forecast which games your team will win or lose.

Especially a team with little continuity like the Eagles.

And remember, any given Sunday you can win or lose. That's why they play the game.

Im done with the cliches.