Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Luck Goes Back For His Senior Year....

We should go Kalil with the first overall pick, as I dont see a NFL superstar in Jones Barkley or Griffin. We pick Kalil, move Castonzo over to RT, and Ijalana to RG. This was originally my first proposition, but I came to realize that it's actually Luck that I want. Anyways, Kalil is the first guy I'd pick, then I'd go Barkley, then Blackmon.

We should go Kalil with the first overall pick, as I dont see a NFL superstar in Jones Barkley or Griffin. We pick Kalil, move Castonzo over to RT, and Ijalana to RG. This was originally my first proposition, but I came to realize that it's actually Luck that I want. Anyways, Kalil is the first guy I'd pick, then I'd go Barkley, then Blackmon.

Lineman? I think that a skill player would be much more useful.

I guess but, if Peyton goes down again then that lineman probably isn't going to make us contenders.

I wouldn't be too worried about Manning's health next year. The fusion would have token place and his neck would be very stable. Plus the point of drafting Kalil is so that Manning doesn't get hit often.

Why get another tackle? we got 2 last year with the first 2 picks. We need a guard. Ijalana has practiced at tackle and they have said numerous times that he will remain at tackle. If Luck is not available and they do decide to go Oline which i honestly wouldnt disagree with the call then they should grab David Decastro. He is a natural guard, and a complete beast. Great at pass protection and literally blows people back in the run game.

I guess but, if Peyton goes down again then that lineman probably isn't going to make us contenders.

If Peyton goes down where not gunna be contenders no matter what, even if they did draft Luck, we would still have the worst defense in the league and one of the worst olines in the league. So great we got our backup qb, now we get to watch the defense allow 30 points a game while Luck gets beaten up with no protection and no run game for the rookie QB to lean on. Remarkably similar to the situation we find ourselves in this season isn't it?

If we go OL in round 1 I would love to grab Cordy Glenn from Georgia. I wouldn't be opposed to DeCastro per se, but if I remember right in reading up on him, Glenn has started a total of 36 games but that has been split up between LG, RG and LT. So he's played and excelled at multiple positions. Plus he has great size at 6'5" 348 lbs.

Why get another tackle? we got 2 last year with the first 2 picks. We need a guard. Ijalana has practiced at tackle and they have said numerous times that he will remain at tackle. If Luck is not available and they do decide to go Oline which i honestly wouldnt disagree with the call then they should grab David Decastro. He is a natural guard, and a complete beast. Great at pass protection and literally blows people back in the run game.

If Peyton goes down where not gunna be contenders no matter what, even if they did draft Luck, we would still have the worst defense in the league and one of the worst olines in the league. So great we got our backup qb, now we get to watch the defense allow 30 points a game while Luck gets beaten up with no protection and no run game for the rookie QB to lean on. Remarkably similar to the situation we find ourselves in this season isn't it?

You don't think that has anything to do with us going 3 and out every drive and turning the ball over about 3 times a game? If our Defense is that bad you think drafting a defensive player is the solution? I mean if it's so bad i don't think that a Great CB is really going to make an impact when our other corners are complete garbage. Did you Compare Luck to Curtis Painter?

You don't think that has anything to do with us going 3 and out every drive and turning the ball over about 3 times a game? If our Defense is that bad you think drafting a defensive player is the solution? I mean if it's so bad i don't think that a Great CB is really going to make an impact when our other corners are complete garbage. Did you Compare Luck to Curtis Painter?

Did you capitalize "compare" in the middle of a sentence?

If we go OL in round 1 I would love to grab Cordy Glenn from Georgia. I wouldn't be opposed to DeCastro per se, but if I remember right in reading up on him, Glenn has started a total of 36 games but that has been split up between LG, RG and LT. So he's played and excelled at multiple positions. Plus he has great size at 6'5" 348 lbs.

I'm torn between Cordy Glenn and Kelechi Osemele. I don't want Glenn because he is at UGA, but if he is better then I'll take him over Osemele. What are the differences between them? They are both massive, natural G's who are currently playing LT for their respective teams. The only difference I could find is that Glenn has a faster 40 time at 5.2 while Osemele was at 5.4 but that is probably inaccurate so I don't really know. I'd take either of them at the top of the 2nd round if they are there.

I'm torn between Cordy Glenn and Kelechi Osemele. I don't want Glenn because he is at UGA, but if he is better then I'll take him over Osemele. What are the differences between them? They are both massive, natural G's who are currently playing LT for their respective teams. The only difference I could find is that Glenn has a faster 40 time at 5.2 while Osemele was at 5.4 but that is probably inaccurate so I don't really know. I'd take either of them at the top of the 2nd round if they are there.

Who knows...maybe we trade back in the first and take Cordy Glenn and then take Osemele at the top of the 2nd. Wouldn't be my first choice but would definitely help solidify the OL. lol

If Luck realizes that he will be a bench warmer for 3-4 seasons, he will definitely go back to stay one more year at Stan.

He is not some clown that will just sit for years and perform tricks for the crowd and mingling with cheerleaders. He realizes his talent. He is not the type to come here and sit on a bench.

He will never sit, it will never happen. get that out of your heads.

Who knows...maybe we trade back in the first and take Cordy Glenn and then take Osemele at the top of the 2nd. Wouldn't be my first choice but would definitely help solidify the OL. lol

haha I don't want both of them, we need to get a CB and NT first. I definitely think adding one of them would be a solid addition to help solidify this O-line though.

Look who's talking... you think Drew Brees is a scrambling quarterback... ha. Either your trolling or just not thinking before you type.

You keep using the word "scrambler" , not me.

Drew Brees is excellent at running for first downs and sliding out of the pocket and throwing on the run........you do watch football, right? You could be one of the most mis-informed argumentators I have ever seen. I saw a statisitic today that Luck, on designed rollout plays has a 75 percent completion percentage with 9 touchdowns.......that is very drew brees like. It doesnt make them "scramblers"(what are you, 80 years old? Scramblers??) it just means they are very good Running quarterbacks who are accurate on the run.

Well our defense is that bad. Just watch the games to find out. No drafting a CB wont fix it, there are to many needs hence trading out of the first. And yea i did compare Luck to Painter as in an inexperienced QB playing behind a below average Oline with no defense. Do u compare Luck to Manning? That my friend is 10 times more ridiculous then my statement.

You keep using the word "scrambler" , not me.

Drew Brees is excellent at running for first downs and sliding out of the pocket and throwing on the run........you do watch football, right? You could be one of the most mis-informed argumentators I have ever seen. I saw a statisitic today that Luck, on designed rollout plays has a 75 percent completion percentage with 9 touchdowns.......that is very drew brees like. It doesnt make them "scramblers"(what are you, 80 years old? Scramblers??) it just means they are very good Running quarterbacks who are accurate on the run.

Your acting like Andrew Luck will go out there and if there are no open WR's, then he will just tuck it down and run for 50 yards... your the one implying scrambing quarterbacks. Any quarterback, even Peyton Manning, can run for 10 yards and a 1st down when a playaction rollout play is executed properly. Why do you keep using Drew Brees? Mat Shaub can do that too and I don't see you using him as an example.