Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade Advice?

Would you make this deal?

Me trading away -

Tony Romo, LeSean McCoy

Me Getting in return -

Matt Forte, Aaron Rodgers

standard yahoo league. 10 teams

That's a tough one. I personally love Forte. He is very consistent and doesn't miss many snaps. Both Romo and Rodgers have missed time lately, but romo is coming back from back surgery. Mccoy is tough to let go, but i think i would make the trade

One thing to consider though, is that Dallas's D is so bad, Romo will be throwing and throwing the ball all the time. Also, with Darren Sproles in the Eagles backfield as well, its going to take a little production off of Shady...(not a whole lot mind you, but enough that he won't have the offensive numbers as last year. (Note, GB plays Seattle in the first game of the year, so Rodger's numbers could perhaps be down week 1)

Its an even trade... I'd personally go with consistency in Rodgers and Forte, as opposed to a sometimes erratic Romo,

Would you make this deal?

Me trading away -

Tony Romo, LeSean McCoy

Me Getting in return -

Matt Forte, Aaron Rodgers

standard yahoo league. 10 teams

I personally would do it. Love Forte this year and don't see a tremendous gap between him and McCoy when it comes to end of the year point totals..

Also. Rodgers > Romo anyday

What about this trade?

Tony Romo

Jeremy Maclin

for

Matthew Stafford

Cecil Shorts III

This seems to be a better trade than the previous one where it was push, I felt. Maclin, I saw him go down briefly during a pre-season game and he came back. I really have doubts that the dude will stay healthy over the entire year, I can almost bet he won't. With Stafford, you get volume and his WRs getting tackled before the 5 yard line as many times as it did last year is unlikely to happen again to eat away at his passing TDs. You get 2 players that will give you endurance and volume, go for it, hands down!!!

What about this trade?

Tony Romo

Jeremy Maclin

for

Matthew Stafford

Cecil Shorts III

I like this one.  I'm not sure you can count on Maclin staying healthy and Shorts is the only Vet receiver in Jacksonville.  Receivers usually take a year to really get to playing at a high level so I think Shorts is going to see a lot of targets.

Stafford I think is a slight improvement over Romo.

Your other trade I wouldn't do.  Forte is too big of a step down from McCoy to make up for the gain you get improving from Romo to Rogers.