Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This week in NCAA Football

Just something I noticed..Both Fla State and Bama look very beatable...Ohio State gave up nearly 400 yards rushing to Navy...UCLA would have lost save for 3 Def TD's. LSU struggled...Golson (ND) looks like he's improved even with a year off...Gurley looked like a beast for Ga...Doesn't look like we are going to have a runaway team this year.

I think if Fla State was in a stronger conference, they wouldn't even be in the top 10. They struggled against a rebuilding and somewhat weaker than normal Okla State team..and WInston didn't impress me one bit.

One thing I noticed in the Bama game. A lot of the attention goes to T.J. Yeldon, at RB, but his backup is a MONSTER...I think his last name is Henry #27..He looks like he's about 250 and is very fast...The kid really impressed me with his speed and power. I normally don't like Bama backs..but I'd hate to have him coming at me at full speed trying to run me over...He looked bigger than some of Bama's linemen!

I can't wait for this weekend...I think this could be the game of the year..

#8 Michigan State vs Marcus Mariota and the #3 Oregon Ducks..If Mariota has a good game, that should put him in the lead for the Heisman....But Michigan State is always tough, and play well in big games...Whomever wins will definitely be in the top 4...or should be....

COME ON DUCKS!!!!!

Just something I noticed..Both Fla State and Bama look very beatable...Ohio State gave up nearly 400 yards rushing to Navy...UCLA would have lost save for 3 Def TD's. LSU struggled...Golson (ND) looks like he's improved even with a year off...Gurley looked like a beast for Ga...Doesn't look like we are going to have a runaway team this year.

I think if Fla State was in a stronger conference, they wouldn't even be in the top 10. They struggled against a rebuilding and somewhat weaker than normal Okla State team..and WInston didn't impress me one bit.

One thing I noticed in the Bama game. A lot of the attention goes to T.J. Yeldon, at RB, but his backup is a MONSTER...I think his last name is Henry #27..He looks like he's about 250 and is very fast...The kid really impressed me with his speed and power. I normally don't like Bama backs..but I'd hate to have him coming at me at full speed trying to run me over...He looked bigger than some of Bama's linemen!

I can't wait for this weekend...I think this could be the game of the year..

#8 Michigan State vs Marcus Mariota and the #3 Oregon Ducks..If Mariota has a good game, that should put him in the lead for the Heisman....But Michigan State is always tough, and play well in big games...Whomever wins will definitely be in the top 4...or should be....

COME ON DUCKS!!!!!

Ducks should win I think it's in Eugene, Stanford and FG kicking are their nemesis. USC looked pretty good conference record 701 total yards.

Golson was impressive vs Rice we will get a better idea vs. Michigan but he screwed us last year we had Nix Tuittt Prince Bennett all on D that is our best player from each group, Watt Martin Niklas Jones from the Offense all get drafted. We are starting a lot of freshman on D. Last year the Irish could have made a nice run. I think they can this yr too but man that kid really messed up last yr we dropped from 4 to 18 in the polls without ever playing a game. Tommy Rees will do that.

I think Georgia is the surprise team in the SEC this year. A&M crushing SC was a bit of a surprise.

You are making a lot of determinations off of one game. Bama is Bama and FSU is really good.

The stupidest game of the day was Wisconsin why did they turn the QB loose in the 4th quarter I know LSU was really up in the box pound it in and punt those two INT"S killed them

Ducks should win I think it's in Eugene, Stanford and FG kicking are their nemesis. USC looked pretty good conference record 701 total yards.

Golson was impressive vs Rice we will get a better idea vs. Michigan but he screwed us last year we had Nix Tuittt Prince Bennett all on D that is our best player from each group, Watt Martin Niklas Jones from the Offense all get drafted. We are starting a lot of freshman on D. Last year the Irish could have made a nice run. I think they can this yr too but man that kid really messed up last yr we dropped from 4 to 18 in the polls without ever playing a game. Tommy Rees will do that.

I think Georgia is the surprise team in the SEC this year. A&M crushing SC was a bit of a surprise.

You are making a lot of determinations off of one game. Bama is Bama and FSU is really good.

The stupidest game of the day was Wisconsin why did they turn the QB loose in the 4th quarter I know LSU was really up in the box pound it in and punt those two INT"S killed them

I agree totally with GA...They really looked solid in all aspects of the game. One thing I didn't like was the reference after the A&M game was that their QB was like Manziel...One game and he's already Johnny Football II...

I understand what you are saying...FSU is just in such a weak conference, that its highly unlikely they won't be in the playoffs...But, their running game and O-Line didn't impress me, and they lost 2 of their top receivers to the draft, but that kid that had 203 yards receiving looked like he could be something special, given the fact that he's not scared to go across the middle and take hits and break tackles. As for Bama, their O-Line and running game is still the best, and they are always Bama, but no one they have is going to compare to McCarron's poise and leadership. I just don't think they are the juggernaut they have been the past few years. I guess what I['m trying to say, (and not so well I'm afraid), is that there is a lot more parity between the top teams this year, and there are going to be a lot of surprises. Both Bama and FSU were predicted to blow out their opponents, yet the outcome was in doubt in both games at times in the 4th.

I guess I was expecting more that what both teams showed...I could be wrong though, but I don't believe I am...we'll just have to wait and see. But that backup RB that sees a lot of time #27 for Bama, Derrick Henry..I'm giving him the nickname, "The Beast Incarnate" He reminds me of Ironhead Heywood and Barry Foster..but much faster...Its scary that he's just a back-up/relief back and only a sophomore...at 6'3 241 that can run that fast, he's going to be putting a lot of hurt on opposing defenses. Yeldon is not little either at 6'2 221.

As a side note, I was looking at Bama's roster...I saw they have a red-shirt freshman OL #73 named Brandon Hill..I don't know if he's good, or going to be, but he's listed at 6'6, 370 lbs.....another true freshman OL #65 Montel McBride listed at 6'4, 330 lbs, and a true Freshman DL #69 Josh Frazier, listed at 6'3 335 lbs. That size is just unbelievable...plus they have many more 300 lbs or more...Its insane how big these kids are nowadays.

I was flipping back and forth on that Wisc/LSU game. I still can't believe LSU won...I agree with everything you said...it was stupid to turn the QB loose.Then they panicked and choked...That was terrible coaching and bad execution on Wisconsin's part...They should have kept doing what they had been doing for the first 3 quarters....beat down on their D-line 8 in the box or not, do short little passes, and keep eating clock...plus there was some terrible tackling in that 4th quarter...

The only thing I can truly say for certain, is that is going to be quite a dogfight for those coveted playoff positions...this is going to be a perfect year to start out the new era of NCAA football..

On a side note:...I made a prediction a couple years ago after I saw his very first game as a Freshman, and I want my prediction to come true..I am a huge Marcus Mariota fan (I wouldn't care where he went to school)..I predicted him to be he next big thing in the pros, go #1 in the draft (if its a need for the team that picks first), and win the Heisman...

Only playing the first half (albiet against a way lesser opponent) Mariota was:

14-20 267 yards and 3 TD's..(62, 41, 11)while rushing 6 times for 42 yards and another TD (1yrd) Just missed it being a 26 yard passing TD (down at the 1)

QBR: 231.6

Only time will tell...

I agree totally with GA...They really looked solid in all aspects of the game. One thing I didn't like was the reference after the A&M game was that their QB was like Manziel...One game and he's already Johnny Football II...

I understand what you are saying...FSU is just in such a weak conference, that its highly unlikely they won't be in the playoffs...But, their running game and O-Line didn't impress me, and they lost 2 of their top receivers to the draft, but that kid that had 203 yards receiving looked like he could be something special, given the fact that he's not scared to go across the middle and take hits and break tackles. As for Bama, their O-Line and running game is still the best, and they are always Bama, but no one they have is going to compare to McCarron's poise and leadership. I just don't think they are the juggernaut they have been the past few years. I guess what I['m trying to say, (and not so well I'm afraid), is that there is a lot more parity between the top teams this year, and there are going to be a lot of surprises. Both Bama and FSU were predicted to blow out their opponents, yet the outcome was in doubt in both games at times in the 4th.

I guess I was expecting more that what both teams showed...I could be wrong though, but I don't believe I am...we'll just have to wait and see. But that backup RB that sees a lot of time #27 for Bama, Derrick Henry..I'm giving him the nickname, "The Beast Incarnate" He reminds me of Ironhead Heywood and Barry Foster..but much faster...Its scary that he's just a back-up/relief back and only a sophomore...at 6'3 241 that can run that fast, he's going to be putting a lot of hurt on opposing defenses. Yeldon is not little either at 6'2 221.

As a side note, I was looking at Bama's roster...I saw they have a red-shirt freshman OL #73 named Brandon Hill..I don't know if he's good, or going to be, but he's listed at 6'6, 370 lbs.....another true freshman OL #65 Montel McBride listed at 6'4, 330 lbs, and a true Freshman DL #69 Josh Frazier, listed at 6'3 335 lbs. That size is just unbelievable...plus they have many more 300 lbs or more...Its insane how big these kids are nowadays.

I was flipping back and forth on that Wisc/LSU game. I still can't believe LSU won...I agree with everything you said...it was stupid to turn the QB loose.Then they panicked and choked...That was terrible coaching and bad execution on Wisconsin's part...They should have kept doing what they had been doing for the first 3 quarters....beat down on their D-line 8 in the box or not, do short little passes, and keep eating clock...plus there was some terrible tackling in that 4th quarter...

The only thing I can truly say for certain, is that is going to be quite a dogfight for those coveted playoff positions...this is going to be a perfect year to start out the new era of NCAA football..

On a side note:...I made a prediction a couple years ago after I saw his very first game as a Freshman, and I want my prediction to come true..I am a huge Marcus Mariota fan (I wouldn't care where he went to school)..I predicted him to be he next big thing in the pros, go #1 in the draft (if its a need for the team that picks first), and win the Heisman...

14-20 267 yards and 3 TD's..(62, 41, 11)while rushing 6 times for 42 yards and another TD (1yrd) Just missed it being a 26 yard passing TD (down at the 1)

Only time will tell...

Don't have to convince me about the Ducks if Kelly could have found K he would have a National Championship on his resume. The year they lost was on the play where it looked like the Auburn back was down but on another player got up took off. Oh the Ducks

Don't forget the Irish they play at FSU if they can win that game the will be part of this thing. They have a history with FSU. I wanna see that D vs Michigan.

Only time will tell...

Quack Quack Ducks get it rolling. They are tough in Eugene. Couple of players I would 't mind the Colts watching Olomu and Armstead. Olomu is always around the ball a turnover machine Hill looked good to they tried to pick on him a bit. Armstead is just a freak athlete. If the Ducks D is real they are going to be a  handful vs anyone. It made the plays tonight we they needed them.

Irish look good won't really know until home for Stanford then at FSU back to back. I don't think Michigan is great but they are still Michigan and it was 38-0

• 3 weeks later...

My beloved Washington Huskies are making me ill.  Even though they are 4-0 they are perhaps one of the worst two or three teams in the country.  They without a doubt have the worst defense in the nation bar none.  To me it's sad what has happened to them.  Don James is spinning in his grave.