Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need help with Fantasy Football? Ask here!

Bradshaw or Bell for my 2nd rb. I'm using Martellus Bennett as my flex and Julius Thomas in te. Bennett had just been to good

Use Bradshaw in this game. Bradshaw is quickly becoming a no2 fantasy rb and this is a great matchup for him. I expect him to have some great carry and reception totals along with a td. Bell will probably be a good play as well, but Stafford may end up throwing the ball to Tate and Megatron more to play catch up rather than hand the ball off or pass the ball to bell.

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trade advice... Should I trade Morris for D.Thomas? 10 team standard scoring league with two flex positions.

I have L.Bell, Morris, Ellington, Ivory, Gerhart at RB

I have Megatron, A.Brown, Floyd (ariz), K. Wright, Gordon at Wr...

I would have originally drafted Thomas before Morris, but every trade analyzer I look at says it's not a good deal. Morris is solid, but never is involved in the passing game. Thomas is beastly, but Peyton likes to share the wealth a lot. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Side note: I've been killing it so far with Luck at qb... but my league playoffs start week 12 and Bell, Brown will be on bye... That's why I grabbed Gordon... Playoff insurance.

Btw, I do realize that Thomas has had a rough start, but aside from week 1 against us, I don't see a big issue... Week 2 he had that 80 yarder called back and this week was Seattle... Bye week next week and then another tough matchup at Arizona... Maybe I am answering my own question... Another perspective would help out, though.

Alright, this is an ALL IMPORTANT week for me... I face my wife.  I will never hear the end of it if she beats me.  Nevermind i have had the better overall record every year, but she still manages to beat me atleast once in the season.  My questions are, keep in mind its PPR.

Kendall Wright vs IND  or  Anquan Boldin vs PHI

Texans D/ST vs Bills (projected 2)  or  Chargers vs Jags.

There is also the possibility of Waiver pickups that could prove better than either Boldin or Wright. 

Flex available are:  Eddie Royal vs Jags, Travis Kelce vs NE, or Khiry Robinson vs Dal. 

Careful what you tell me....my sanity depends on it.

What about this trade?

I will give Jeremy Maclin + Brian Quick and Zach Ertz for Keenan Allen + Maurice Jones-Drew and Julius Thomas.

Youre giving away solid performance in Maclin, decent in quick. and a hit or miss with ertz at TE.  You are getting randomness to almost nothing in Keenan Allen, absolutely nothing in MJD, and one of the best TE.

Trade analyzers say you will not benefit by 10 points and that you have the stronger 3.

Honestly  Maclin > Thomas,  Quick = Allen and Ertz > MJD.

Do you really need a RB?  if not then its not worth giving up two WR and a TE for a TE, WR, and RB. 

I can guarantee he is gunning for Maclin but your best bet is to drop Maclin, give him ertz and quick for MJD and Thomas.  you give him two out of the 3 that he wants and your getting back a good TE and taking his trash from him and letting him keep Allen. 

I wouldnt do it.

If it is a PPR league, then its a little bit closer.

reference this http://www.fantasysp.com/trade/nfl/2547917/maclin-quick-ertz-thomas-jones-drew-allen

its more even this way http://www.fantasysp.com/trade/nfl/2547989/quick-ertz-thomas-jones-drew

Ok so just got offered a trade. My jamal Charles for his montee ball and kelvin benjamin.

My RB's are Bradshaw, bell, Charles, Rainey

Wrs are D. Bryant, Fitz, A Hawkins, Boldin, and K Wright.

Charles is out for now but could be a play in the championship rounds. Idk

saw you got some advice for this already, keep charles I agree with the majority.

Trade advice... Should I trade Morris for D.Thomas? 10 team standard scoring league with two flex positions.

I have L.Bell, Morris, Ellington, Ivory, Gerhart at RB

I have Megatron, A.Brown, Floyd (ariz), K. Wright, Gordon at Wr...

I would have originally drafted Thomas before Morris, but every trade analyzer I look at says it's not a good deal. Morris is solid, but never is involved in the passing game. Thomas is beastly, but Peyton likes to share the wealth a lot. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Side note: I've been killing it so far with Luck at qb... but my league playoffs start week 12 and Bell, Brown will be on bye... That's why I grabbed Gordon... Playoff insurance.

this is a situation where I would actually keep Morris instead of trading him for thomas. Thomas has proven he can be shut down if a no1 guy covers him well. You have Megatron and Brown at WR already and it's strong enough where you don't want to weaken your rb crew. L.Bell and Ellington are really your only good rbs. Gerhart has been terrible, Ivory is inconsistent. You need Morris as a 3rd rb for bye weeks and injuries, not to mention he's a solid play and can be used ahead of Ellington in certain weeks for matchup based situations. Gordon is a sneaky pickup, nice job there! :)

Alright, this is an ALL IMPORTANT week for me... I face my wife.  I will never hear the end of it if she beats me.  Nevermind i have had the better overall record every year, but she still manages to beat me atleast once in the season.  My questions are, keep in mind its PPR.

Kendall Wright vs IND  or  Anquan Boldin vs PHI

Texans D/ST vs Bills (projected 2)  or  Chargers vs Jags.

There is also the possibility of Waiver pickups that could prove better than either Boldin or Wright. 

Flex available are:  Eddie Royal vs Jags, Travis Kelce vs NE, or Khiry Robinson vs Dal. 

Careful what you tell me....my sanity depends on it.

Ok, lets get you a victory. First off, I don't like the Texans Defense this week. The Bills are 2-1, and have been pretty impressive this year. Very underrated offense. The Chargers have the dream matchup Vs Jax. You have to go with the Jags and expect some turnovers. I know Bortles is starting now, but he threw 2 INT's against us in a half. The chargers better defense will also allow them to get some extra pressure on Bortles as well. 

Kendall Wright is a solid option Vs Indy. He'll get the receptions, I'm just not sure if he'll get a td. Boldin is being fazed out a bit it seems with Crabtree healthy and Stevie Johnson taking a bigger role, so I would avoid him. Royal I would avoid even though he did well last week, he's just too inconsistent. Kelce is intruiging, but I think he'll need a td to be really effective, hate to rely on that. The safe option and the option I would go with is Khiry robinson. He got 18 carries to Pierre Thomas's 8 last week and he is a solid runner for a very good offensive team. He may not catch the ball a lot, but he's guaranteed a lot of carries. If you want someone that fits the PPR format, go with Wright, and if you someone guaranteed to touch the ball 15-20 times, go with Robinson. Those are the two best choices.

What about this trade?

I will give Jeremy Maclin + Brian Quick and Zach Ertz for Keenan Allen + Maurice Jones-Drew and Julius Thomas.

Narcosys is right and I wouldn't do it either. Maclin is extremely solid right now, Quick is breaking out, and I believe Ertz just had a bad week more than anything but is always a threat to put up big yards as he gets over 20 yards a catch on average. Allen has severely disappointed me after a big first year, he might be a one year wonder. MJD is just a waste of space at this point, and Julius is awesome, but not worth those three alone. Keep what you got IMO. 

Ok, lets get you a victory. First off, I don't like the Texans Defense this week. The Bills are 2-1, and have been pretty impressive this year. Very underrated offense. The Chargers have the dream matchup Vs Jax. You have to go with the Jags and expect some turnovers. I know Bortles is starting now, but he threw 2 INT's against us in a half. The chargers better defense will also allow them to get some extra pressure on Bortles as well. 

Kendall Wright is a solid option Vs Indy. He'll get the receptions, I'm just not sure if he'll get a td. Boldin is being fazed out a bit it seems with Crabtree healthy and Stevie Johnson taking a bigger role, so I would avoid him. Royal I would avoid even though he did well last week, he's just too inconsistent. Kelce is intruiging, but I think he'll need a td to be really effective, hate to rely on that. The safe option and the option I would go with is Khiry robinson. He got 18 carries to Pierre Thomas's 8 last week and he is a solid runner for a very good offensive team. He may not catch the ball a lot, but he's guaranteed a lot of carries. If you want someone that fits the PPR format, go with Wright, and if you someone guaranteed to touch the ball 15-20 times, go with Robinson. Those are the two best choices.

Well unfortunately i jumped the gun.  Wife just let it slip she was going for the chargers D (and didnt know i was), and she is 3rd on the waiver order and im 7th.   I was going to drop the Rams who on bye week and pick them up.  So now the best options for picking up a D this week are:  Dolphins vs OAK, Lions vs JETS, Falcons vs MIA, and Steelers vs TB.  I am leaning towards the Steelers D on these matchups but the Falcons seem VERY tempting with the vikings matchup and their anemic offense without AP.

As far as K. Wright or K. Robinson.  Im really leaning towards Wright cause its PPR.  With Robinson he is always projected hi but doesnt match those projections.  He did have a significant increase in carries but still only managed 6 points in a PPR league.  Although Wright only scored 9 points.  Its the 1 point per catch that thinks that he would out perform robinson.  Our D is not as on par with Cinci, and with the amount of time Locker will get, i think Wright will get more than 5 catches.  and be able to match Robinsons projected 13 points.

Well unfortunately i jumped the gun.  Wife just let it slip she was going for the chargers D (and didnt know i was), and she is 3rd on the waiver order and im 7th.   I was going to drop the Rams who on bye week and pick them up.  So now the best options for picking up a D this week are:  Dolphins vs OAK, Lions vs JETS, Falcons vs MIA, and Steelers vs TB.  I am leaning towards the Steelers D on these matchups but the Falcons seem VERY tempting with the vikings matchup and their anemic offense without AP.

As far as K. Wright or K. Robinson.  Im really leaning towards Wright cause its PPR.  With Robinson he is always projected hi but doesnt match those projections.  He did have a significant increase in carries but still only managed 6 points in a PPR league.  Although Wright only scored 9 points.  Its the 1 point per catch that thinks that he would out perform robinson.  Our D is not as on par with Cinci, and with the amount of time Locker will get, i think Wright will get more than 5 catches.  and be able to match Robinsons projected 13 points.

I would go with the Steelers or Falcons on the defense now then. The Jets offense is terrible, and the Lions did well against the packers, but Tulloch is out for the year and it's no guarantee that they do well. The dolphins sound good, but they haven't been good on defense lately, and they are very untrustworthy, easily could burn you for a bunch of points. Falcons are a team that I'm thinking could make a deep playoff run with their offense and defense. Desmond Trufant was the player I wanted for the Colts 2 years ago. They will shutdown the Vikings probably, but the reason I wouldn't risk it is because bridgewater is starting. Start the Steelers, with them the Bucs offense won't do anything. They are the worst team in the NFL right now and couldn't score on a hooker. You should get all types of turnovers and sacks with a lot of 3 and outs as well. Might even get a defensive td. Your gut is right here, listen to it.

Need someone for the flex... NON PPR.

Khiry Robinson or Randall Cobb?

I would trust Robinson against Dallas over Cobb against the Bears. But they are pretty close. I think Cobb has the higher ceiling but the riskier play as he is completely dependent on TD's. As made evident by last week. If Donald Brown is available he could be the best flex play as he is now the main back against a bad jags team. He is also a good receiving back so you don't have to worry about only getting rushing td's. Then there's Eddie royal if you're looking for a receiver option.

I would trust Robinson against Dallas over Cobb against the Bears. But they are pretty close. I think Cobb has the higher ceiling but the riskier play as he is completely dependent on TD's. As made evident by last week. If Donald Brown is available he could be the best flex play as he is now the main back against a bad jags team. He is also a good receiving back so you don't have to worry about only getting rushing td's. Then there's Eddie royal if you're looking for a receiver option.

Actually starting Donald Brown at RB2. I a few RBs on bye week, so I picked up DB last week.

Who do I start at QB this week between Nick Foles (vs. San Fran) or Kirk Cousins (vs. NYG)?

While San Fran is weaker than it once was on def, you have to go with Cousins here. He is going to tear up the Giants defense an possibly put up 4 tds against them. Cousins has the ability to be a top 10 qb in the NFL and this is a match where his abilities will shine. Go with Cousins.

Would you start C. Patterson, who hasnt done much the past two weeks or someone else like, James Jones, Justin Matthews, Golden tate, or Hakeem Nicks?

Also unsure of starting L. McCoy.  Crazy i know but they are going against the 49ers and just not sure if he is goinig to have another bad week like last week. Im already starting Fred Jackson and Ahmad Bradshaw, its either McCoy or Donald Brown.

Alright, so heres my lineup for this week in the league with my wife. 

QB - Newton

RB - Bradshaw

RB - K. Robinson

WR - D. Bryant

WR - K. Wright

TE - Bennett

Flex - J Charles (will be swapped if cannot play)

D - Steelers

K - J. Tucker

Bench that is available

J. Bell

E. Royal

possibly WR pickups  - Jordan Matthews (PHI), Allen Robinson (JAX), Stevie Johnson (SF). 

Would you start C. Patterson, who hasnt done much the past two weeks or someone else like, James Jones, Justin Matthews, Golden tate, or Hakeem Nicks?

Also unsure of starting L. McCoy.  Crazy i know but they are going against the 49ers and just not sure if he is goinig to have another bad week like last week. Im already starting Fred Jackson and Ahmad Bradshaw, its either McCoy or Donald Brown.

Assume you mean jordan Matthews and I wouldn't start him against the 49ers, despite what Cutler did to them. Hakeem has a very tough matchup against Tennessee, James Jones has a decent matchup against the Dolphins, but I don't fully trust Carr. I woul go with Golden Tate against the Jets and exploit that great matchup. Stafford will be passing all over the Jets and I think Tate could get 100 yards and a td.

If McCoy plays, stick with him. You don't sit the 2nd best guy in fantasy football for a tough matchup, that's just the rule of thumb. The Eagles are a high powered offense and McCoy is matchup proof.

Alright, so heres my lineup for this week in the league with my wife. 

QB - Newton

RB - Bradshaw

RB - K. Robinson

WR - D. Bryant

WR - K. Wright

TE - Bennett

Flex - J Charles (will be swapped if cannot play)

D - Steelers

K - J. Tucker

Bench that is available

J. Bell

E. Royal

possibly WR pickups  - Jordan Matthews (PHI), Allen Robinson (JAX), Stevie Johnson (SF). 

Honestly I would drop Royal for 2 of those 3 on waivers. Matthews first and Stevie second. With Shorts coming back and Hurns making big plays, Robinson won't be as big of a factor most likely, even with Bortles. Keep your lineup the way it is. Good Luck!

Assume you mean jordan Matthews and I wouldn't start him against the 49ers, despite what Cutler did to them. Hakeem has a very tough matchup against Tennessee, James Jones has a decent matchup against the Dolphins, but I don't fully trust Carr. I woul go with Golden Tate against the Jets and exploit that great matchup. Stafford will be passing all over the Jets and I think Tate could get 100 yards and a td.

If McCoy plays, stick with him. You don't sit the 2nd best guy in fantasy football for a tough matchup, that's just the rule of thumb. The Eagles are a high powered offense and McCoy is matchup proof.

So then who's the better play, Patterson or Tate?

While San Fran is weaker than it once was on def, you have to go with Cousins here. He is going to tear up the Giants defense an possibly put up 4 tds against them. Cousins has the ability to be a top 10 qb in the NFL and this is a match where his abilities will shine. Go with Cousins.

doh.gif

doh.gif

Absolutely and I will take responsibility here. My bad, and I'm sorry. I will learn from this.

haha Yeah, that hurt.  But no worries.  You've helped me make some really good decisions in the past, and no one is perfect.  You can't predict these things with 100% accuracy.  Thankfully, the guy I'm facing had DeSean Jackson, so we both essentially got 0 for a player on our roster

Should i trade Jeremy Maclin + Knowshon Moreno and Justin Hunter for Calvin Johnson?

How good is your RB group without Moreno?  

If you are comfortable with it, I would go for it.  Although I would check into Calvin's injury status.  I know he left the last game early and you don't want to do it if it looks like he will be out for an extended amount of time.