Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need help with Fantasy Football? Ask here!

Need 2 WR, 2 RB's and a Flex

Keenan Allen vs Seattle

V Jax vs. St Louis

F Gore vs Chicago

Z Stacy vs Tampa Bay

E Lacy vs NYJ

Kelvin Benjamin vs Detroit

My thoughts. . .

1. I don't know if Lacy is even going to be back for the game against the Jets.  That's not looking like a great matchup anyways.

2. I really don't like Allen because he's against Seattle

Right now IF Lacy comes back to play I'm looking at

WR K Benjamin 

WR V Jax

RB E Lacy

RB Z Stacy

Flex: F Gore

If Lacy doesn't come back I'm gonna move Gore up to RB and put K Allen in at Flex.

Thoughts?

This is actually very easy. I complete agree with you and it seems Allen is the odd man out. Make sure Lacy is playing first. If he's over his concussion, then start him him and Stacy at rb. Allen got shut down at Ari, but an interesting thing that could happen is that Seattle could get so far ahead that Allen gets some garbage stats. I would still sit Allen, however, and start Benjamin and V-Jax at WR while starting Gore at the flex. Allen is the odd man out this week.

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Moreno a must start now picked him up late in 3 leagues :thmup:

If it's a standard league (2rbs/3wrs 12 team league), he's not necessarily a must start because of lots of good options that go in the first few rounds, but I have him as a rb3 that can definitely be used in the flex spot in flex leagues and in the rb2 spot during good matchups. Make sure to look at your matchups and decide if he has an advantage over a rb2 like a ryan mathews or andre ellington. If he does, he's a good start, just not a must start. For example, I'd probably start him over Ryan Mathews @ SEA. Nice pickup btw!

Got two teams ive put together and they look pretty good.  opinion?

Team 1: PPR

QB - Brady proj. 20

RB - J Charles proj. 20

RB J. Forsett proj. 10

WR - D. Bryant proj. 19

WR - L. Fitz proj. 20

TE - J. Thomas proj. 25

Flex - K. Wright proj. 20

D - Texans proj. 4

K - J. Tucker - proj 11

Total projeciton 149

Bench:  Newton, A. Boldin, M. Bennet, Rams, J. Bell, A. Hawkins (CLE), A. Bradshaw

On this last week everyone under performed for me other than Thomas.  Fitz im not so sure about and am thinking of replaing him with Hawkins or Boldin. Bradshaw was a backup i pickup last night and i like the amount of receiving plays he gets.

Team 2: Standard

QB- Wilson proj 19

RB  - McCoy proj 19

RB - J. Forsett proj 10

WR - AJ Green proj 16

WR - B. Marshall - proj 12

TE - Witten proj 10

Flex - R. White proj 12

D - Rams proj 10

K - A. Vinatieri proj 0

Total Proj: 117

Bench:

R. Matthew, TY, big Ben, D. Williams, C. Fleener, Colts, K. Benjamin

For this team i think its pretty solid, even though they all under performed last week too.  K. Benjamin was an interesting pick up for me and i think once newton is back he will be better.  Im contemplating putting in fleener over Witten, which sounds crazy but the Dallas Offense was horrid last week and idk how well they will do against Tennessee.  Plus, Dwayne Allen is available and if he performs well again, im probably going to drop fleener and pick him up. Williams is projected 15 but i have never seen him dominate anywhere.  But given the lions new D is wanting to blitz more, maybe he will be used more in the passing.  Both teams are projected to win, but so were both teams last week. 

Got two teams ive put together and they look pretty good.  opinion?

Team 1: PPR

QB - Brady proj. 20

RB - J Charles proj. 20

RB J. Forsett proj. 10

WR - D. Bryant proj. 19

WR - L. Fitz proj. 20

TE - J. Thomas proj. 25

Flex - K. Wright proj. 20

D - Texans proj. 4

K - J. Tucker - proj 11

Total projeciton 149

Bench:  Newton, A. Boldin, M. Bennet, Rams, J. Bell, A. Hawkins (CLE), A. Bradshaw

On this last week everyone under performed for me other than Thomas.  Fitz im not so sure about and am thinking of replaing him with Hawkins or Boldin. Bradshaw was a backup i pickup last night and i like the amount of receiving plays he gets.

Team 2: Standard

QB- Wilson proj 19

RB  - McCoy proj 19

RB - J. Forsett proj 10

WR - AJ Green proj 16

WR - B. Marshall - proj 12

TE - Witten proj 10

Flex - R. White proj 12

D - Rams proj 10

K - A. Vinatieri proj 0

Total Proj: 117

Bench:

R. Matthew, TY, big Ben, D. Williams, C. Fleener, Colts, K. Benjamin

For this team i think its pretty solid, even though they all under performed last week too.  K. Benjamin was an interesting pick up for me and i think once newton is back he will be better.  Im contemplating putting in fleener over Witten, which sounds crazy but the Dallas Offense was horrid last week and idk how well they will do against Tennessee.  Plus, Dwayne Allen is available and if he performs well again, im probably going to drop fleener and pick him up. Williams is projected 15 but i have never seen him dominate anywhere.  But given the lions new D is wanting to blitz more, maybe he will be used more in the passing.  Both teams are projected to win, but so were both teams last week. 

First of all, good job picking up Justin Forsett in both leagues. He's going to get a ton of looks and I think that he'll be a spot starter most of the time. I'd probably start Joique Bell over him in PPR though. Joique is getting lots of carries and catches and becoming a mainstray of this Lions offense. I agree about possibly sitting Fitz, in fact, I wouldn't be opposed to sitting him for Boldin next week. I knew Michael Floyd would eventually be the top WR on the cardinals, just didn't know It'd happen so soon. I may be overreacting to Charles and you can't sit him, but Andy Reid doesn't know how to utilize him properly, so you may get a stinker here and there with him this season (even though he was amazing last year). Brady is going to be interesting as well, I'd expect more of what you saw last year than what his career has been as a whole. There's a reason he has dropped in drafts. Hopefully he picks up his game some. If passing tds are worth 4 points, don't be afraid to throw Cam Newton in there on good matchups.

Your second team is pretty solid. I think you have to keep Wilson in there against the Chargers (though I think Big Ben will throw a couple tds against the Ravens thursday, it's just a guess). McCoy and Forsett are solid (Forsett just improves both teams as a whole btw). Mathews and Williams are good backups. If you want an ultimate risk/reward, put Mathews in your flex, he may be used to keep the Seahawks off the field. I wouldn't put Fleener in your TE Position yet at least. Other than Luck and Wayne, I'm not using any Colts as the ball is spread evenly with Luck at this point and they even admitted that they have "3 number one receivers". I love TY, but he's really a matchup based flex and bye week replacement at this point, same with benjamin. Don't be afraid to start one with a solid matchup in the flex though and rotate those guys. Green and Marshall are awesome. Solid teams, and you should come out on top in the long run if you play your matchups right!

First of all, good job picking up Justin Forsett in both leagues. He's going to get a ton of looks and I think that he'll be a spot starter most of the time. I'd probably start Joique Bell over him in PPR though. Joique is getting lots of carries and catches and becoming a mainstray of this Lions offense. I agree about possibly sitting Fitz, in fact, I wouldn't be opposed to sitting him for Boldin next week. I knew Michael Floyd would eventually be the top WR on the cardinals, just didn't know It'd happen so soon. I may be overreacting to Charles and you can't sit him, but Andy Reid doesn't know how to utilize him properly, so you may get a stinker here and there with him this season (even though he was amazing last year). Brady is going to be interesting as well, I'd expect more of what you saw last year than what his career has been as a whole. There's a reason he has dropped in drafts. Hopefully he picks up his game some. If passing tds are worth 4 points, don't be afraid to throw Cam Newton in there on good matchups.

Your second team is pretty solid. I think you have to keep Wilson in there against the Chargers (though I think Big Ben will throw a couple tds against the Ravens thursday, it's just a guess). McCoy and Forsett are solid (Forsett just improves both teams as a whole btw). Mathews and Williams are good backups. If you want an ultimate risk/reward, put Mathews in your flex, he may be used to keep the Seahawks off the field. I wouldn't put Fleener in your TE Position yet at least. Other than Luck and Wayne, I'm not using any Colts as the ball is spread evenly with Luck at this point and they even admitted that they have "3 number one receivers". I love TY, but he's really a matchup based flex and bye week replacement at this point, same with benjamin. Don't be afraid to start one with a solid matchup in the flex though and rotate those guys. Green and Marshall are awesome. Solid teams, and you should come out on top in the long run if you play your matchups right!

Bell actually performed poorly considering it's a ppr league. He got only 12, considering that he got a td that's low.

With Cam still hurt, Idk how well he will perform and he is against the Lions while Brady is against the Vikings.

What's your take on Hawkins from the Browns?

Bell actually performed poorly considering it's a ppr league. He got only 12, considering that he got a td that's low.

With Cam still hurt, Idk how well he will perform and he is against the Lions while Brady is against the Vikings.

What's your take on Hawkins from the Browns?

Yeah, i didn't mean start Cam this week lol, even though he is probably going to play. As for Hawkins, I like him, but his value will go down if Gordon is reinstated. If Gordon comes back, then you can't use him until you at least see how he performs with Gordon also in the game. If Gordon isn't reinstated, then use hawkins as a flex or WR3 in another league, if he is, he's probably unusable. That's not a guarantee though with how Hoyer did last week. Just keep an eye on him and adjust accordingly, he has WR2 potential.

Would you start Justin Forsett over Reggie Bush or Rashad Jennings this week?

I am looking at Forsett vs Steelers as a better match up than Bush at Carolina or Jennings vs Cardinals. Plus, Forsett runs and catches too.

I have to make this decision today, thanks to Forsett playing on Thursday night.

In league 1: Forsett vs Rashad Jennings or Brandin Cooks for flex

In league 2: Forsett vs Rashad Jennings or Reggie Bush for flex

Who should i start?

I need 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2WRs and a FLEX

Jay Cutler @ SF

Ben Roethlisberger @ BAL

Eddie Lacy vs NYG

Andre Ellington @ NYG

Maurice Jones-Drew vs HOU

Knowshon Moreno @ BUF

Michael Floyd @ NYG

Jeremy Maclin @ IND

Justin Hunter vs DAL

FYI I think Lacy is playing the Jets.  Probably a typo

Would you start Justin Forsett over Reggie Bush or Rashad Jennings this week?

I am looking at Forsett vs Steelers as a better match up than Bush at Carolina or Jennings vs Cardinals. Plus, Forsett runs and catches too.

I have to make this decision today, thanks to Forsett playing on Thursday night.

In league 1: Forsett vs Rashad Jennings or Brandin Cooks for flex

In league 2: Forsett vs Rashad Jennings or Reggie Bush for flex

I wouldn't start Forsett over Reggie Bush, but I would definitely start him over Rashad Jennings this week. Jennings is going to be depending on a td for fantasy production, and I don't feel the same will be true for Forsett. In league 1 start Forsett. I can take out Jennings right away. Cooks I love, but I'd take the safe option in Forsett as they are relying heavily on him. In league 2, I'd go Reggie Bush. Bush, as tough as the matchup is, is going to get his carries and catches. it was shown week 1 that the Lions and Stafford will rely on him. He has big play potential, and in a potent Lions offense, he just needs to break one play for a td to have a good day.

Who should i start?

I need 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2WRs and a FLEX

Jay Cutler @ SF

Ben Roethlisberger @ BAL

Eddie Lacy vs NYG

Andre Ellington @ NYG

Maurice Jones-Drew vs HOU

Knowshon Moreno @ BUF

Michael Floyd @ NYG

Jeremy Maclin @ IND

Justin Hunter vs DAL

This is pretty easy with all those options. As far as QB goes, start Roethlisberger. He seems to do well against Baltimore and I think he'll get two to three tds with 250 yds this week. A sneaky options in a game which the Steelers will play really hard. Cutler will have a tough time against San Fran and I expect him to put up similar stats to the ones that Romo put up week 1.

Next is 2 rbs. The first one is Andre Ellington. He seems to be fine and the Giants taste like chicken at this point to any opponent. The second rb I would start is Knowshon Moreno. Knowshon had a big showing last week against the Patriots, and I'm guessing that he'll continue that in more of a featured back role this week Vs Buffalo. Not only does MJD have a hand injury, but he doesn't seem to well in September, avoid him this week for sure. 

The two WR's are very easy. Michael Floyd is breaking out in a BIG way. You'll want him in your lineup every week with those WR's this year. He's going to be huge and pass up Fitzgerald as the Cardinals no1 target. Jeremy Maclin is the 2nd choice. He's getting the targets and he showed he can break one off for a big td. Use these two and you should be fine.

As far as the Flex goes, use Justin Hunter if Eddie Lacy isn't recovered from his concussion. If he's cleared to play, use Lacy in the Flex spot and make Hunter the odd man out until he can prove himself.

I wouldn't start Forsett over Reggie Bush, but I would definitely start him over Rashad Jennings this week. Jennings is going to be depending on a td for fantasy production, and I don't feel the same will be true for Forsett. In league 1 start Forsett. I can take out Jennings right away. Cooks I love, but I'd take the safe option in Forsett as they are relying heavily on him. In league 2, I'd go Reggie Bush. Bush, as tough as the matchup is, is going to get his carries and catches. it was shown week 1 that the Lions and Stafford will rely on him. He has big play potential, and in a potent Lions offense, he just needs to break one play for a td to have a good day.

However, won't Joique Bell eat into Reggie Bush's FF production? Forsett does not have the same kind of threat to his production. What do you think?

Another one for you? Eric Decker at GB or Torrey Smith vs Pit for WR2?

However, won't Joique Bell eat into Reggie Bush's FF production? Forsett does not have the same kind of threat to his production. What do you think?

Another one for you? Eric Decker at GB or Torrey Smith vs Pit for WR2?

What I'm thinking on the Lions is that they will use Bell and Bush close to equally. However, i believe both will get a bunch of carries and receptions. It seems the game plan (at least after game 1) is to hand off to Bush and Bell as well as pass to both of them and Megatron. I'll admit I didn't see the Ravens game last week, so I don't know 100% how involved Bernard Pierce was and if he'll cut into Forsett's production. I'm starting Forsett in a bunch of leagues though. For now I like Bush, but if you feel that Pierce won't cut into Forsett's production, then by all means go Forsett.

For your second question, I would go Eric Decker over Torrey Smith. I know that Decker is on a team that doesn't pass a ton and has an inept qb in Geno Smith, but he should get the ball plenty this week. I believe the Jets will end up passing the ball a lot while trying to play catch up, and Decker will be the beneficiary. Also with Steve Smith coming to the Ravens, it seems he is a big favorite of Flacco's after week 1. I would avoid Torrey Smith in this scenario. If he makes an impact, it will probably be one big, deep, play. Really don't like to rely on those.

A guy in my standard scoring 10 team league wants to give me Gronk and Shonn Green for Alfred Morris... I have Ertz as the only TE on my roster. I have L. Bell as Rb1 and Ellington, Gerhart, and Woodhead after them...

What do you think... Too risky? Is Gronk a big enough upgrade at TE to give up my Rb2?

It's not too risky, but Gronk always seems to be hurt, and I'm very high on Zach Ertz. I would hold on to Alfred Morris and keep your RB's intact. Shonn Greene is basically useless in a ten team league, and in a 2 for 1 like this, you'd also have to drop someone from your team. RB's are a lifeline, yours are solid. Keep your team the way it is and you should succeed. If you do this trade, the injury bug will probably bite you.

A guy in my standard scoring 10 team league wants to give me Gronk and Shonn Green for Alfred Morris... I have Ertz as the only TE on my roster. I have L. Bell as Rb1 and Ellington, Gerhart, and Woodhead after them...

What do you think... Too risky? Is Gronk a big enough upgrade at TE to give up my Rb2?

He's looking to offload some risk there.  Not only is Gronk injured a lot but Greene I think is always nagged by some minor injuries that hold him out of games.  (He doesn't usually get those season ending injuries like Gronk though)

I like Greene cause he's a former Iowa guy and I'm an Iowa fan but he's not a guy I would put a ton of confidence in in fantasy football.

I wouldn't do it unless you can pick up a TE you have a lot of confidence in on the waiver wire.  And even then I'm not sure. 

Who should I make my flex?

Cordarelle Patterson @ NE

Emanual Sanders @ KC

Chris Johnson @ GB

TY hilton @ PHI

&& same question for a different league!

Kelvin Benjamin @ DET

Brandin Cooks @ CLE

Eddie Lacy @ NY (would normally start but jets are tough on run)

Terrance West @ NO

THANKS!

Cordarrelle should be starting every week.  Not sure about the 2nd one though.

Who should I play in my flex? 

Mike Evans: had 9 targets, which was most on the Bucs last week, so McCown tries to get him the ball, and he's a big guy, so he could get some red zone targets, going against Rams defense

Andrew Hawkins: without Gordon and with a hurt Jordan Cameron, he's pretty much the only pass catcher the Browns have, going against Saints defense which was gashed badly last week, but Matt Ryan>>>>>>Brian Hoyer

Who should I make my flex?

Cordarelle Patterson @ NE

Emanual Sanders @ KC

Chris Johnson @ GB

TY hilton @ PHI

&& same question for a different league!

Kelvin Benjamin @ DET

Brandin Cooks @ CLE

Eddie Lacy @ NY (would normally start but jets are tough on run)

Terrance West @ NO

THANKS!

It's between Cordarelle and Emmanuel for the first one. Chris Johnson is solid against a bad defense, but you can't depend on him if the Jets fall behind. Even though they will stay more dedicated to the run than most teams, they could abandon it at any time against the Packers. TY Hilton is just one of many targets as you've seen last week. I love this matchup, however he has just as much chance as anyone else on the Colts of receiving targets. I would start Cordarelle Patterson as he an explosive runner and passer that will get the ball a ton and can make your day with 1 run or pass. Currently very high on him and he is a huge difference maker. Emmanuel will get the ball, but Welker may return and limit his receptions. Even if he doesn't, he is getting less receptions than I thought.

As far as your second league goes, it looks like Lacy is playing. As good as the other options look and as tough as the Jets defense is, I would go with Lacy still.The Packers will move the ball down the field, and Lacy will get his fair share of carries and receptions with most likely a td. If Lacy ends up not playing, I would go with Brandin Cooks. Brees seems to have a rapport with him already, and Joe Haden won't be covering him, so he should get some quality receptions, with a great shot at a td. I feel that Benjamin will need some more time with Cam to gain a connection as they had no time in the preseason or game 1 to connect. Terrance West is a solid option, but once again, the Browns will be playing from behind and will probably abandon the run game. I'd stay away from him the most out of all 4, as inticing as it sounds.

Cordarrelle should be starting every week.  Not sure about the 2nd one though.

Who should I play in my flex? 

Mike Evans: had 9 targets, which was most on the Bucs last week, so McCown tries to get him the ball, and he's a big guy, so he could get some red zone targets, going against Rams defense

Andrew Hawkins: without Gordon and with a hurt Jordan Cameron, he's pretty much the only pass catcher the Browns have, going against Saints defense which was gashed badly last week, but Matt Ryan>>>>>>Brian Hoyer

You hit the nail on the head here with Jordan Cameron hurt, start Andrew Hawkins. Not only is Jordan Cameron hurt, but the Browns will in all likelyhood be down most of the game and Hawkins will be the beneficiary of a lot of targets. He should be worth double digit points this week with a td if the browns make even some sort of comeback. Mike Evans will probably be ok, but he could just as easily get 4 catches for 50 yards and 0 tds. This is a no-brainer, go with Hawkins and reap the rewards!

It won't let me edit that post.. but Brandin Cooks or Shane Vereen! It's a standard league too.

This one is a lot closer than it sounds. In this situation, i'm going to tell you which option is better for what situation and let you choose who you like better for that scenario. Brandin cooks is the high risk/high reward option of the two. Even though he should be good for around 10 points in theory and be safe, Brees spreads the ball around and we've only seen one game of Cooks that shows any real action of him. He could be a primary target of Brees's again, or he could be one of the guys. Shane Vareen is the safe and reliable pick here. He will get his carries, probably a couple catches, but he may not get a td or that huge play this game. Go with Cooks if you feel you need an ace in the hole to beat your opponent this week. if you feel that your lineup is superior already to your opponent, use Vareen and increase that advantage with a safe performance. This one is so close that you play it off the situation.

Spiller vs Miami or Martin vs St. Louis?

I would probably go with Spiller at this point over Martin. Spiller looks like he has some explosiveness back and Martin got injured last game and may not be 100%. He's also facing St. Louis, who doesn't give up a lot of yards on the ground. Spiller is a safer option at this point, and I'd use him until Doug Martin can prove he's 100%. Even then, the matchup screams Spiller.

Help! Which one to start?

Andre Ellington - going against a brutal Giants defense and with a less experienced QB who could check down a lot, but he's hurt and they ran a committee last week

Shane Vereen - had a good showing last week and is expecting to get more carries

Ellington

Help! Which one to start?

Andre Ellington - going against a brutal Giants defense and with a less experienced QB who could check down a lot, but he's hurt and they ran a committee last week

Shane Vereen - had a good showing last week and is expecting to get more carries

Won't waste your time here, go with Ellington and enjoy the points. He seems healthy, and the Giants Def is awful right now.

Thanks, man.  A lot of places had Vereen ranked higher than Ellington.  But I'll go with the forum advice! haha

No problem :) Palmer is out as well, so Ellington may get 25 carries today. He'll definitely be a workhorse back. If Vareen beats Ellington in points, it will most likely be because of a huge play, and those don't come around every game.

No problem :) Palmer is out as well, so Ellington may get 25 carries today. He'll definitely be a workhorse back. If Vareen beats Ellington in points, it will most likely be because of a huge play, and those don't come around every game.

I have Ellington and Hawkins in there ready to roll.  Hopefully this all works out haha

Sould i trade Ben Roethlisberger, Maurice Jones-Drew and Julius Thomas for Josh McCown, Adrian Peterson and Zach Ertz?

I, like everyone else, have no idea if AP is getting suspended by the league or if he will play the rest of the year. The Vikings message boards got shut down and it's becoming a huge deal. Normally I would say to pounce on this deal and take the risk, but I see AP out for some amount of time and it will mess you up. Ertz and Thomas are relatively close, with a slight edge to Thomas. Ben is better than McCown. If AP does get suspended, your season is probably messed up, I don't want to do that to you. He could be panicking and offering a decent deal to you, but he's probably just trying to unload AP on you and get decent value. Say no on this one.

I, like everyone else, have no idea if AP is getting suspended by the league or if he will play the rest of the year. The Vikings message boards got shut down and it's becoming a huge deal. Normally I would say to pounce on this deal and take the risk, but I see AP out for some amount of time and it will mess you up. Ertz and Thomas are relatively close, with a slight edge to Thomas. Ben is better than McCown. If AP does get suspended, your season is probably messed up, I don't want to do that to you. He could be panicking and offering a decent deal to you, but he's probably just trying to unload AP on you and get decent value. Say no on this one.

No, they aren't close at all.