Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gary Brackett's New Book

Go Blue Horseshoe

I just recently read the article on Colts.com about Gary Brackett's new book titled "Winning: From Walk-On to Captain in Football and Life". In the article, the author briefly discusses some of the obstacles that Brackett has had to overcome in order to get to where he is today. These obstacles include losing his father, mother, and brother all within an 18-month period, succeeding as a college player despite not being offered any scholarship offers while in high school, and succeeding in the NFL despite being passed over in the 2003 draft.

I had no idea that Gary has had to endure so much. He is such a consistently good player, I just always assumed that things came relatively easy to him. Evidentally he does a whole bunch of off the field charity work as well. You can go to garybrackett.com to read about all of that, and you can pre-order a copy of his book now. I have reserved my copy. I can't wait to get it. Does anyone else plan to get a copy?

Yeah, Gary has been through a lot. He is definitely a leader and a very underrated player. He is also a great person. I have never met him, but he really seems like a down to Earth, super nice guy and he gives back to the community a lot. I can never imagine going through all he has gone through and still being such a success.

I remember this one play Brackett made against the Jets in the AFCCG a few years ago, it was beautiful. The Jets ran some kind of run play and there was Greene carrying the ball with an offensive lineman in front of him. Gary takes on the much bigger O-lineman, throws him aside, then stuffs Greene 1 on 1. It was such a wicked play. I hope someone can find it and post it here.

I have always liked Bracket as well. I never really thought he was the best player I ever saw,but he was a good player that left if all on the field. Its just to bad that this team has had so much talent over the years and they cant seem to keep them healthy. I used to blame the players for being "fragile". But, with so many players from the same team getting hurt all the time I am thinking it is the conditioning coach or something going on.

• 3 weeks later...