Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Waiver Claim:Who do you want?

How is Reggie Wayne fragile?

His first injury in decades and he's fragile?

Andrew Luck is the one who took him out with a under throw when Reggie was wide open. How can you honestly call the most consistent Indianapolis Colt for the past 10 years fragile?

Age catches up with all of us. Wayne is old for a receiver and coming off of a major injury. That makes him fragile and a huge risk in my book. I love him too but I don't expect him to be what he was.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See now imo this is your problem. We have enough scouts and player evaluators to be able to look for upgrades at every position. Locking yourself into one position group only could lead to missing out on upgrading another position group. Tunnel vision us very rarely a good thing.

I'm glad that you saw through my bad typing. That was supposed to be "Wouldn't". Apparently "tunnel vision" is just what the team needs since we have been trying to build an offensive line for years. We keep drafting TEs, WRs and everything else but we NEVER fix the damn problem. Find some good offensive linemen before you do anything else. We have a franchise QB to protect and we have done a lousy job of it.

OL Adam Snyder and SS Major Wright

I think if Lovie let Major walk something went terribly wrong with him I wanted to sign him as FA. He looked good until last year not sure what happened with the guy.

Think it might be the same case with Synder he goes from starting G for 49ers then signs a 5yr deal with Az only to get cut he then gets cut this year by the 49ers who are having Line problems similar to ours but he can play all along the line except C I'd look for myself if I were Grigs but not expect much.

I'm glad that you saw through my bad typing. That was supposed to be "Wouldn't". Apparently "tunnel vision" is just what the team needs since we have been trying to build an offensive line for years. We keep drafting TEs, WRs and everything else but we NEVER fix the damn problem. Find some good offensive linemen before you do anything else. We have a franchise QB to protect and we have done a lousy job of it.

yeah I definitely knew what you meant haha

As to the rest though, here we'll just have to agree to disagree.  for one thing, sure, the problem still exists but it's definitely not for lack of trying.  They've brought in multiple FA linemen as well as spent 3 high draft picks on linemen since Grigson got here, and that's not to mention late draft picks and the constant churning of UDFA's.  I would definitely have the OL be the highest priority, and that's where Grigson's primary focus should be, but that doesn't mean that there still can't be scouts and evaluators looking at other position groups at the same time.  

Okay we dumped Boyett for conduct reasons lasy year - we will not be signing him. I have no idea why so many are throwing out Pryor's name. Godawful passer and plays like he's in college. Reminds me of Twbow, but without the leadership traits. No thanks on Pryor.

Age catches up with all of us. Wayne is old for a receiver and coming off of a major injury. That makes him fragile and a huge risk in my book.

Maybe you should try to have a heartfelt face to face talk with Reggie and let him know that he is fragile. I'm not sure if he would take it too kindly, haha.....

Denver also waived QB Zac Dysert....a guy they hope would slip through to their practice squad...

He's a better 3rd stringer than we have..

..but can you claim a guy off waivers for your practice squad or does he have to go to the main 53?

I dont know

We don't need more than 2 QBs on the 53

Agreed..a vet..a proven player..will sit immediately because of health concern but could be a key if our older D-linemen get hurt.

What "older" dlinemen? Other than redding, I believe the rest are 28 or younger

Denver also waived QB Zac Dysert....a guy they hope would slip through to their practice squad...

He's a better 3rd stringer than we have..

..but can you claim a guy off waivers for your practice squad or does he have to go to the main 53?

I dont know

We don't need more than 2 QBs on the 53

If the Colts put in a waiver claim then he would go to the active roster. Once he clears waivers he could be signed to a team's PS

IMO team needs someone with a hard edge like Incognito. Have a whole team full of them and the inmates run the asylum.

Have a team with ONE of them, and he's a great role player (ala Dennis Rodman for the Bulls).

If I were a QB, I'd def want Incognito on my side in a fight.

What "older" dlinemen? Other than redding, I believe the rest are 28 or younger

Whether you are right or whether you consider 28 old or not is not the point..is it?

..Vickerson started all season for Denver until he was hurt..and we can get him for nothing

If the Colts put in a waiver claim then he would go to the active roster. Once he clears waivers he could be signed to a team's PS

Thanks...that's a deal breaker for Dysert because we arent going to carry 3 QBs..

....some body like the Rams can take him to the 53

Whether you are right or whether you consider 28 old or not is not the point..is it?

..Vickerson started all season for Denver until he was hurt..and we can get him for nothing

I don't consider 28 old for a defensive lineman. We would also not get him for nothing. If we get him off waivers then we absorb his contract. If he clears waivers then we get to auction for him.

Then there's the question of how well does he fit this defense and how quickly will he get up to speed learning this defense. I think the biggest question is how much would he cost and how well does he fit.

And, I was merely pointing out we only really have one older dlineman, not multiple as you said

TE/FB MarQueis Gray

I think he made a mistake going to Minnesota. He had offers from Oregon, Mich St., and Cincinnati (Also IU, PU, Illinois). I think he would have been great at Cincinnati. He never had real consistency at Minnesota. He played both QB and WR. Came into the NFL as a HB/Athlete. Now playing TE/FB. Would have been much better concentrating on one position. It was pretty cool watching he and Tandon Doss play together in H.S.

I don't consider 28 old for a defensive lineman. We would also not get him for nothing. If we get him off waivers then we absorb his contract. If he clears waivers then we get to auction for him.

Then there's the question of how well does he fit this defense and how quickly will he get up to speed learning this defense. I think the biggest question is how much would he cost and how well does he fit.

And, I was merely pointing out we only really have one older dlineman, not multiple as you said

28 is old in the BFL ....so we have multiple linemen in my view..who is what I expressed.

.....But again...that's not the point..

we get him without trading for him...so we DO get him for nothing. See?

It matters how anyone fits in...but it doesn't matter how quickly he gets up to speed.

the season hasn't started yet.

We have suffered many injuries in recent years....By November we may be wishing we had a 9-year very who played on a Super Bowl caliber team..instea of searching the 'street' for players

IMO team needs someone with a hard edge like Incognito. Have a whole team full of them and the inmates run the asylum.

Have a team with ONE of them, and he's a great role player (ala Dennis Rodman for the Bulls).

If I were a QB, I'd def want Incognito on my side in a fight.

//////I don't want him in games, though.

He's a bad guy..always has been..and he isn't a starter...

Our 53 man needs nothing. We are young and developing our own talent all across the board.

lmao. NO reason to think Shipley and his midget arms is as good as T Austin. Winston is a bum.

Look at a better 4th safety prospect. And that still could be Dewey.

A better O Tackle prospect than Hall.

And a CB prospect to compete with Burley.

what are midget arms? short or not big around

I think there are a bunch of good players available, but we should really focus on OL and safety. I know he's old, but Champ Bailey is out there as a backup. I'd like having that safety net in case an injury occurs.

Wouldn't mind vickerson.

Can anyone give a list of the top Offensive linemen cut today?

I think there are a bunch of good players available, but we should really focus on OL and safety. I know he's old, but Champ Bailey is out there as a backup. I'd like having that safety net in case an injury occurs.

Wouldn't mind vickerson.

So your idea of a "safety net" is Champ Bailey who's been cut by 2 teams in less than 1 year?

A player who has nothing left in the tank, and gets burned repeatedly over and over again is your idea of a safety net?

Wouldn't mind vickerson.

I have been trying to sort through it can't find a list yet I like as far a vets for immediate help:

OL Legursky from  LG/C  Bills

OLB Marcus Bernard from Arizona

S Inhenacho Denver

As far as PS guy's there are so many it is crazy. S Dowling from WKU made the Raiders that was the kid I really wanted wish we would have drafted him

Here's a link to rosters with analysis

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/tag/_/name/2014-nfl-final-roster-analysis

28 is old in the BFL ....so we have multiple linemen in my view..who is what I expressed.

It matters how anyone fits in...but it doesn't matter how quickly he gets up to speed.

We have suffered many injuries in recent years....By November we may be wishing we had a 9-year very who played on a Super Bowl caliber team..instea of searching the 'street' for players

A 9 year vet (didn't realize that or I wouldn't have even mentioned waivers) who played on a SB team isn't going to come cheap, so again, we would not get him for nothing....see. ;)

imo dl depth is one of the strengths of the team. If we're going to shell out big money for any player I'd rather it be for an OL man. If it means a trade then so be it so long as it's a fair trade.

One final note, 28 isn't really old for a dline man, especially one in a 34 that relies more on strength than speed. Many have played into their mid 30 ' s without losing much.

Wouldn't mind vickerson.

Vickerson is already 31 not that interested who do you want to dump? Kerr to PS I think I'd rather have Kerr on the roster. RJF?  rather have him too I think he is going to come on this year.

If they are going to the 53 we have to dump someone to put them there. I would guess unless we can find a OL that is a really good citizen. Or a S that Grig's is willing to sacrifice kick coverage for we aren't doing much but building our PS.

There are a ton of RB I would like with Tipton to PS

Btw, if 28 is old...Vickerson is 31. You want to help out our aging defensive linemen by bringing in a guy who I believe would become our 2nd oldest dline man.

If we're going to look at dline I would look at jerel worthy, Devon still, Josh Mauro or one of the other younger, talented players that were released

So your idea of a "safety net" is Champ Bailey who's been cut by 2 teams in less than 1 year?

A player who has nothing left in the tank, and gets burned repeatedly over and over again is your idea of a safety net?

Ton of CB's better than Champ he is done.

I would bet money we try to bring in the kid from Cleveland McFadden drafted in the 3rd 2yrs ago when Chud was there seems like the new regime is cleaning house.

They are cutting Garrett Gilkey not quite as sexy 7th round O Lineman that will have gotten rid of all but 2 players from last years class either the class was horrible or they want to make their own mark.

According to the draft reports I have seen McFadden was projected as a 3-4 round pick not sure what the deal is in Cleveland. I like both those guys Gilkey played OT in college small school kid move to G at next level. It will be interesting to see if Chud tries to get them in here. Gilkey sounds like a Grig's guy.  

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/A-closer-look-at-Chadron-State-OT-Garrett-Gilkey.html.

Here's the guys I would take a look at if I had the opportunity

G- Doug Legursky- Interior Offensive line depth

S- Danieal Manning- An Aging stopgap at safety to replace Colt Anderson

FB- Chris Ogbonnaya- Familiarity with TRich, and the fact that he can be a runner on his own. This would probably be my priority if I were Grigson. He can play FB, HB and has decent hands out of the backfield.

G-Uche Nwaneri- More interior line depth

T- Eric Winston- Depth at tackle

I think he made a mistake going to Minnesota. He had offers from Oregon, Mich St., and Cincinnati (Also IU, PU, Illinois). I think he would have been great at Cincinnati. He never had real consistency at Minnesota. He played both QB and WR. Came into the NFL as a HB/Athlete. Now playing TE/FB. Would have been much better concentrating on one position. It was pretty cool watching he and Tandon Doss play together in H.S.

Yep his brother was a fellow athlete with my Sister at Kentucky Wesleyan College so I have followed him since HS/College

He also had an offer at UK

Here's the guys I would take a look at if I had the opportunity

G- Doug Legursky- Interior Offensive line depth

S- Danieal Manning- An Aging stopgap at safety to replace Colt Anderson

FB- Chris Ogbonnaya- Familiarity with TRich, and the fact that he can be a runner on his own. This would probably be my priority if I were Grigson. He can play FB, HB and has decent hands out of the backfield.

G-Uche Nwaneri- More interior line depth

T- Eric Winston- Depth at tackle

He does have connections here and considering we utilize this position quite frequently it might be a good idea to give him a look as he will probably clear waivers. He's a safer option than Harvey.

Robert Lester, can play either safety, nack for the ball, cheap, young and played for a good D with the Panthers and with Alabama. 

I loved him coming out.  He would be a nice consolation prize next to Duke.

Our 53 man needs nothing. We are young and developing our own talent all across the board.

lmao. NO reason to think Shipley and his midget arms is as good as T Austin. Winston is a bum.

Look at a better 4th safety prospect. And that still could be Dewey.

A better O Tackle prospect than Hall.

And a CB prospect to compete with Burley.

It is "disgustingly poor fanship" to not realize that Burley had been traded about 4 hours before you made this post.

One player I'd be interested in is C.J. Kinne QB cut by the Eagles as a 3rd QB, He has a good arm, Can run. Also some of the other names that were mentioned,

Kenny Ladler-S

Kenjon Barner-Scat Back

Jordan Kovacs-S

Marcus Thigpen-RB

Kelcy Quarles-DT

Cobi Hamilton-WR

John Conner-FB

Matt Hazel-WR

Brandon Bishop-S

All immediately come to mind without going back and watching many games

I think that any player of his caliber, a guy who has been a stud for years, even if he is older and lost a step, could step in on game day and be a suitable replacement for an injured player. Not to mention having him in the corner/safety room would do wonders for our young developing guys like Delano.

My first thought was not to play him at corner, but at Safety.

One player I'd be interested in is C.J. Kinne QB cut by the Eagles as a 3rd QB, He has a good arm, Can run. Also some of the other names that were mentioned,

Kenny Ladler-S

Kenjon Barner-Scat Back

Jordan Kovacs-S

Marcus Thigpen-RB

Kelcy Quarles-DT

Cobi Hamilton-WR

John Conner-FB

Matt Hazel-WR

Brandon Bishop-S

All immediately come to mind without going back and watching many games

I don't understand why people keep suggesting a third QB. Yes, I understand Harnish is terrible, but we won't be keeping 3 qbs on the roster, so unless we are putting him on the ps then it's kinda pointless.

I remember hearing something about Brandon Bishop. Wonder if he's any good?