Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

how soon can we sign players who are cut by other teams?

Most younger players go through waivers, and can't be claimed until tomorrow afternoon.

Veteran players with four years of service can be signed immediately (or, after the NFL actually processes the release).

I would like to entertain bringing in (including players the Colts cut)

OT Eric Winston, C Doug Legursky, CB Ricardo Allen, FS Kenny Ladler, SS Daniel Manning, CB Victor Hampton, DE Devon Still, ILB Andrew Jackson, TE Eric Swoope, S Ed Reynolds.

I would like to entertain bringing in (including players the Colts cut)

OT Eric Winston, C Doug Legursky, CB Ricardo Allen, FS Kenny Ladler, SS Daniel Manning, CB Victor Hampton, DE Devon Still, ILB Andrew Jackson, TE Eric Swoope, S Ed Reynolds.

You're the second person I've seen suggest bringing in people we either already have or had.

We drafted swoope. Well I believe he was an udfa. And then John boyett the safety with two bad knees. we drafted him what, last year or the year before.

No, he just smacked him in the face for asking. I believe its called Internet bullying.

That's quite an overreaction. I've seen Jvan and others say much worse. And what jvan said wasn't incorrect.

I'll take Champ Bailey...

We usually agree but Champ has nothing left in the tank. He isn't better than anyone on or 53 in my opinion and why would he or we want him on the PS.

Bailey is a CB Davis Toler Butler Gordy are all younger and better and Purifoy is the young keeper. We need a project for the PS could be Price one more year.

I think we try to bring in McFadden 3rd round pick last yr in Cleveland Chud connection

We usually agree but Champ has nothing left in the tank. He isn't better than anyone on or 53 in my opinion and why would he or we want him on the PS.

Bailey is a CB Davis Toler Butler Gordy are all younger and better and Purifoy is the young keeper. We need a project for the PS could be Price one more year.

I think we try to bring in McFadden 3rd round pick last yr in Cleveland Chud connection

Love to have him for his leadership and experience. But I agree, he's not needed.

Not gona lie, I wouldn't mind kicking the tires and seeing if there's any tread left with Adrian Wilson. Even though he's lost a step, his understanding of coverages and knowledge of the game is vastly superior to any of our current safeties. Winston is interesting, and also likely an upgrade to our current OL depth. Ladler is enticing as well, albeit an unproven rook. I am curious to see who we snag.

I'm dissappointed with the lack of decent OL cuts though. I was hoping that we could grab a guy or two to fill out the O line; however, I do understand that quality O linemen are not likely to get cut. Dare I say, bring me Richie? Idk if it's a wise play for us, but I'm already having nightmares of Luck running for his life...

I've been watching vickerson highlights and the guy is starting to make me say go for it but I think Chapman is our go to guy.

Incognito is also starting to sound like a good idea as a back up on a cut friendly contract if he acts up. Bye bye

Not gona lie, I wouldn't mind kicking the tires and seeing if there's any tread left with Adrian Wilson. Even though he's lost a step, his understanding of coverages and knowledge of the game is vastly superior to any of our current safeties. Winston is interesting, and also likely an upgrade to our current OL depth. Ladler is enticing as well, albeit an unproven rook. I am curious to see who we snag.

I'm dissappointed with the lack of decent OL cuts though. I was hoping that we could grab a guy or two to fill out the O line; however, I do understand that quality O linemen are not likely to get cut. Dare I say, bring me Richie? Idk if it's a wise play for us, but I'm already having nightmares of Luck running for his life...

I don't get the hesitation on Incognitio he has no bargaining power sign him on a cheap deal throw some incentives in to make him feel like he can make some money. If he steps out of line cut him.

He would be the best interior O Lineman on our team as soon as the ink dried. 100 starts at both G spots and C If he isn't on his best behavior his career is over. We use the guy for a year. Where is the down side?

I don't get the hesitation on Incognitio he has no bargaining power sign him on a cheap deal throw some incentives in to make him feel like he can make some money. If he steps out of line cut him.

He would be the best interior O Lineman on our team as soon as the ink dried. 100 starts at both G spots and C If he isn't on his best behavior his career is over. We use the guy for a year. Where is the down side?

I don't see a down side, other than possibly upseting our Cardinal players. I'm sure there would be a discussion to ensure that does not happen. I would live to give him a trial run. He would be a major upgrade.