Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Worst team in the NFL this season?

bap1331

im thinking the Raiders, Jaguars, Titans, Browns, and Bills. But if its in an order it be:

1. Raiders - They have a super tough schedule. It might not even be the team. The only easy team they face all season is the Bills, Browns, and Texans.

2. Jaguars - Hard to tell where they will be but the team is still developing

3. Titans - They have not had any significant free agent signings but maybe get lucky with their draft picks. Basically, nobody wants to go to the Titans.

4. Bills - Same story every year. Even worse that they lost key players like Kiko Alonso.

5. Browns - Never know which direction this team is going...

Oakland had a good free agency.

For as much as you guys love to drool over how scared you are over Houston (HAHAHAHA) I'd take Oakland over them.

You cannot tell me with a straight face you think Houston is really going to give you problems when their coaching staff is a joke.

I'm taking the spoiled rich kid's team that I have to hate for drafting him, DA BROWNS will be 3-13 this year, or might go 5-11 and screw themselves out of the #1 overall pick.

It has been endless with Cleveland and the season has even started yet.

Atleast 1 of those teams looks good for several weeks every year. The Raiders recently had an 8-8 season, the Brown's won 3 straight with a then new quarterback last season, the Bills were 4-0 a few years ago, etc. It will be fun watching everybody either a) overreact at whichever team frauds them to death this year or b) act not scared if they turn out not to be a fraud lol!

For as much as you guys love to drool over how scared you are over Houston (HAHAHAHA) I'd take Oakland over them.

You cannot tell me with a straight face you think Houston is really going to give you problems when their coaching staff is a joke.

I'm taking the spoiled rich kid's team that I have to hate for drafting him, DA BROWNS will be 3-13 this year, or might go 5-11 and screw themselves out of the #1 overall pick.

houstons defense is not a joke. The offense is. Teddy Bridgewater has been looking good in preseason and im kinda getting glad houston passed on him. As long as they have no offense, they have no team.

I hate that all those teams are in the AFC. :(

I actually think Tennessee will be halfway decent, but you could put the Dolphins on the list of stinkers this year. I also foresee a serious regression from the Chiefs. The Redskins will be the worst, and possibly only bad team from the NFC.....man the powers have shifted in the last couple years.

Titans arn't the 3rd worst team in the NFL by far.  They are just a perpetual middle of the road team.  They remain IMO the 2nd best team in the AFC South.  Now they are a pretty big drop off from the Colts but they are better then the Jags and the Texans at this point.  Mostly because Jake Locker isn't a terrible player when he's healthy.  (Not good but not terrible)

If the Jag's keep Henne in the entire season then they are probably the worst team.  

Texans are going to be interesting.  I doubt Fitzpatrick has ever had this much talent around him in his life.  But honestly he's never really impressed anywhere he's been.

Browns - Gordon they suck

Oakland sucks now and will continue to suck.

Bills the same.  EJ Manuel isn't going to be a franchise QB.

I have the Cowboys, Raiders, Texans, Giants, and Bills or Browns all selecting in the top 5 of the 2015 NFL draft. The Raiders have a good thing in Carr (watched him carve up the Seahawks first team defense) but they have no talent around him. Denarius Moore is not a #1 receiver. I think it really comes down to the Bills or Texans though. The Bills didn't do much to get better and I really want to like EJ Manuel but he seems very mediocre.

I have the Cowboys, Raiders, Texans, Giants, and Bills or Browns all selecting in the top 5 of the 2015 NFL draft. The Raiders have a good thing in Carr (watched him carve up the Seahawks first team defense) but they have no talent around him. Denarius Moore is not a #1 receiver. I think it really comes down to the Bills or Texans though. The Bills didn't do much to get better and I really want to like EJ Manuel but he seems very mediocre.

I think the Texans will be a .500 or a little better team. That great defense is going to keep them in every game. If they do finish that low, look out, they will get a franchise QB. I think Fitz will be a good stop gap for them until they find the right guy.

im gonna go with a team some may not expect the rams. yes I understand bradford has been hurt before and have won games last year without him, but I cant see robert quinn with 19 sacks again or zac stacy carrying the team again. also guess whos the the number one qb is in this year's draft? yup jameis winston

im gonna go with a team some may not expect the rams. yes I understand bradford has been hurt before and have won games last year without him, but I cant see robert quinn with 19 sacks again or zac stacy carrying the team again. also guess whos the the number one qb is in this year's draft? yup jameis winston

Mariota is better than Winston.

I think the Texans will be a .500 or a little better team. That great defense is going to keep them in every game. If they do finish that low, look out, they will get a franchise QB. I think Fitz will be a good stop gap for them until they find the right guy.

IDK about Fitz. Too be released from the Titans, you have to be a different kind of terrible. It means they didn't even like him as a backup to provide veteran leadership. I cant see them winning more than 5 games at the most.

im thinking the Raiders, Jaguars, Titans, Browns, and Bills. But if its in an order it be:

1. Raiders - They have a super tough schedule. It might not even be the team. The only easy team they face all season is the Bills, Browns, and Texans.

3. Titans - They have not had any significant free agent signings but maybe get lucky with their draft picks. Basically, nobody wants to go to the Titans.

4. Bills - Same story every year. Even worse that they lost key players like Kiko Alonso.

What about the Rams?

Some other notable mentions...

Panthers

Bucs

Falcons

Redskins

Steelers

Vikings

Cowboys

Jets

Giants

49ers

Texans

Dolphins

All those teams above have the possibility to win 9 to 10 games or only 4 games.

I don't see the problem...  All of these teams are currently tied for first place in their divisions.

Last place team in each division: 

AFC South:   J'Ville (but improved from last year)

AFC West:    Oakland

AFC North:   Cleveland

AFC East:     Buffalo

NFC West:    St. Louis

NFC North:   Minnesota

NFC South   Atlanta

NFC East:    Dallas/Washington (sorry, I can't decide who's worse?)

If you look at recent years, you have to go back to 2009 to find a team that had back to back lousy seasons to become the worst in the NFL (the Rams had gone 2-14 the year before they got the top pick).  If you are looking for likely candidates, check out teams that have QB play that falls off a cliff due to either age or injury.  The Rams fall into that category although their defence looks decent.  The Texans and Vikings have ageing journeymen under center although the Vikings already have their QB of the future so I'd guess if plan A doesn't work he'll get a chance to prove himself.

I think the Raiders will surprise people this year and win 7 games, i'm going with the Rams to have the worst record. They have 6 tough division games which I think they will lose all of them without Bradford. They also have to play @TB, @PHI, @KC, vs DEN, @SD, and @ WAS. I have the Rams finishing 3 -13.

With the signing of Mallet, the Texans should be able to scrape out a few wins against division opponents, and may catch a few scrub teams like the Giants and Cowboys off guard. They could sweep the Titans, beat the Giants and Cowboys, and maybe a victory over the Jaguars and Browns. They could win 6-7 games, but their ceiling is probably 7-9.

Worst team could end up being the Bills

What about the Rams?

Some other notable mentions...

Panthers

Bucs

Falcons

Redskins

Steelers

Vikings

Cowboys

Jets

Giants

49ers

Texans

Dolphins

All those teams above have the possibility to win 9 to 10 games or only 4 games.

The teams have the pieces together. They just need a good coaching staff. As for the Redskins, i feel like they can go farther if they put Cousins in...

And people blasted me for saying Oakland was looking good few months ago.

http://forums.colts.com/topic/27564-the-raiders/