Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rogers' Stupidity Baffles Me

Andy

Not a bad thing, it's a sure thing.

You said "I think Whalen has made the team"

All I did was jump into your corner, hand you a glass of apple juice, and let you know it's a guarantee Whalen made the team. Everybody's happy now!

(Except those who want Rogers over Whalen)

fair enough. Just the way you said it made me think you weren't excited at Whalen being here.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any lack of production from our receivers should not be taken seriously with Harnish throwing them the ball, Its really that simple and yes the receivers who have to deal with Harnish throwing them the ball don't really have a chance

I could care less about his talent, his upside, or his great catches. Without discipline and respect for authority, there is no team, just an individual.

It's not up to me whether he stays or goes, but I hope the staff doesn't weaken their connection with the players who do it right by showing it's ok to diss a head coach.....in game.

Any lack of production from our receivers should not be taken seriously with Harnish throwing them the ball, Its really that simple and yes the receivers who have to deal with Harnish throwing them the ball don't really have a chance

Gavin, you're the film man of the forum

Anyway you can look back at our game @ Kansas City last year for a play?

id say the fact Rogers was playing tonight for as long as he did should concern him a lot more than who he played with. Even more so since Whalen was given the night off.

“I wasn’t thinking,” Rogers said. “That’s on me. That’s just my misunderstanding of the rules of the game and that’s all on me. It was just a mistake.”

That does not sound accountable in any way. What level of football is it OK to punt the ball away from the referees? Hope he grows up and realizes that talent does not make up for lack of discipline at the NFL level........before his opportunity is past.

“I wasn’t thinking,” Rogers said. “That’s on me. That’s just my misunderstanding of the rules of the game and that’s all on me. It was just a mistake.”

That does not sound accountable in any way. What level of football is it OK to punt the ball away from the referees? Hope he grows up and realizes that talent does not make up for lack of discipline at the NFL level........before his opportunity is past.

That's what we're saying. Somehow a player should just have that in their essence that sending the ball away from the refs slows the game down and causes problems

Lol too everyone saying "We have great depth at WR" are clearly not seeing into the futre. Lets start off with Reggie. He looks great, however he is a 36 year old coming off a acl injury in a extraordinary amount of time given age. Maybe he tweaks something or something isnt right we dont know. This also may be his final season (very doubtful) even if its not no way can we count on another 4 years of him being on top IMO. Moving on too Nicks. We still dont know if he is going too perform at a level he did a couple years ago, and hopefully he doesnt get injured like the past couple of years. He is also on a 1 year deal, its extremely possible that if he does well he will look for a big contract, one I doubt we will be able too afford with the 2012 draft class coming too get payed. That leaves us with 4 WR... T.Y, Donte, Griff and Da'Rick. As well as the kid has been doing in TC I dont expect donte too be great until his 2nd maybe 3rd year like most WR. Griff while I think the world of this dude is a chain mover not a big play guy. Then theres Da'Rick. Someone who has all the attributes and honestly when it comes down too the point he makes big plays happen. Give him this year and he will mature and do well. He cant go in practice squad any more. So if we cut him like sooooo many preach on this thread then we have a future of 3 WR without drafting any. 2 of the 3 are smaller. I dont know about you guys but id much rather see our next draft based on safetys and line men.

Also we dont really know what was said too him while he walked away. It could have been a "C'mon you know better than that" response that does not need a response. Honestly that part didnt bother me much because I did see him get chewed out at TC and took it well and respectfully. Until I can assume what was said better than listening too the exaggeration of this thread it doesnt bother me.

Lol too everyone saying "We have great depth at WR" are clearly not seeing into the futre. Lets start off with Reggie. He looks great, however he is a 36 year old coming off a acl injury in a extraordinary amount of time given age. Maybe he tweaks something or something isnt right we dont know. This also may be his final season (very doubtful) even if its not no way can we count on another 4 years of him being on top IMO. Moving on too Nicks. We still dont know if he is going too perform at a level he did a couple years ago, and hopefully he doesnt get injured like the past couple of years. He is also on a 1 year deal, its extremely possible that if he does well he will look for a big contract, one I doubt we will be able too afford with the 2012 draft class coming too get payed. That leaves us with 4 WR... T.Y, Donte, Griff and Da'Rick. As well as the kid has been doing in TC I dont expect donte too be great until his 2nd maybe 3rd year like most WR. Griff while I think the world of this dude is a chain mover not a big play guy. Then theres Da'Rick. Someone who has all the attributes and honestly when it comes down too the point he makes big plays happen. Give him this year and he will mature and do well. He cant go in practice squad any more. So if we cut him like sooooo many preach on this thread then we have a future of 3 WR without drafting any. 2 of the 3 are smaller. I dont know about you guys but id much rather see our next draft based on safetys and line men.

Also we dont really know what was said too him while he walked away. It could have been a "C'mon you know better than that" response that does not need a response. Honestly that part didnt bother me much because I did see him get chewed out at TC and took it well and respectfully. Until I can assume what was said better than listening too the exaggeration of this thread it doesnt bother me.

Tell me something, in your post you said give him a year and he "will mature and do well."  What is that based on?  What have you seen from him to suggest maturity is on the horizon? 

I want the Colts to win so if they find that Rogers on the roster gives them their best chance to do that, then I have no issue with that so don't paint me in the cut him crowd.  But there is a reason that he has had so many issues and most of them have to do with maturity.  His tribulations in college are well documented.  He was undrafted and released early in the preseason last year and has several "look at me" moments in his time with the Colts.  His talent is impressive but teams have decided, repeatedly, that the headaches he causes are not worth the talent return.

So again - where is this maturity you say is coming?

His reason for punting the ball:

@HolderStephen: Da'Rick Rogers' explanation: He didn't know the celebration rules and what you can and can't do with the football. #Colts

And, as a WR, the man wants to and will score touchdowns, no?  You'd think he'd know this.  If he were a NT, maybe not.

I think throughout the preseason games, I thought I saw some frustration on Pagano's face directed towards Rogers.  Even before this game, Rogers was on the bubble, evident by Whalen's night off.

Blind post without reading through the entire thread.

I didn't see this incident, but the unwillingness to talk to coaches to me is more troubling then the showboating.

As far as making plays. . . from the portion of the game I saw, Harnish was so terrible that he could have had Megatron, D Thomas, Larry Fitzgerald, a healthy Gronk and McCoy out there and they still wouldn't have made many plays in the passing game.

I can live with the punting of the ball as sometimes excitement and frustration can build up and boil over on anyone.  Even Peyton let his anger get the best of him the other game.  

What should be a concern is his attitude towards the coaches.  Yes, they were probably ripping into him for his stupid play, but to act the way he did was very concerning and I am sure Grigs and Pagano will take that into consideration when they are looking at the final cut down.  

It is one thing to be like that when you have the talent of say Moss or TO, but Rogers is far from either one of those two.  I have a feeling that Rogers will find himself looking for a new job after the cut down.  

The BILLS cut this guy right off the bat,  Indy has tried A LOT to try to help this clown "get it"   ....   he just doesn't ..  

IMO making him play very deep into the last pre season game was a "test" ...    a maturity test.     And he failed.  

This dude is entitled and it does not look to change anytime soon.      He is just not a winning football player.    

The Colts kicked the tires...  now it's time to move on.    

I mean wth if he can't beat out Griff Whalen then????    HHEEEEEHHHEE 

Griff wants it,   DaBrick thinks he deserves it.  

110% agree

His quote makes it sound like he's holding himself accountable completely.

To, too, two. Please learn the difference. I'd usually let it slide but you literally used the wrong form about 8 times in this post alone.

Why do wr need wr? We have one of the most stacked receiving corps in the league.

We had no injuries to any starting receivers and tightends last year right? We are a couple of injuries away from having a mediocre receiving corps.

if reggie retires, it won't be a problem resigning nicks if he plays like a #1 wr because there will be reggie's 6 million and nicks's 4 million cap space to use (10 million total). you are absolutely right about the questions at wr.

Tell me something, in your post you said give him a year and he "will mature and do well." What is that based on? What have you seen from him to suggest maturity is on the horizon?

I want the Colts to win so if they find that Rogers on the roster gives them their best chance to do that, then I have no issue with that so don't paint me in the cut him crowd. But there is a reason that he has had so many issues and most of them have to do with maturity. His tribulations in college are well documented. He was undrafted and released early in the preseason last year and has several "look at me" moments in his time with the Colts. His talent is impressive but teams have decided, repeatedly, that the headaches he causes are not worth the talent return.

So again - where is this maturity you say is coming?

Compare college too last year, and last year too this year. You cant say he hasnt matured from a complete problem too having one flag for punting thr ball in a pre season game wich he has now apologized for

His quote makes it sound like he's holding himself accountable completely.

It's subjective. The "That's on me part" does, but he craps on it, in my opinion, with his horrible "didn't know the rules" pitch sounds like the biggest dodge of responsibility you could give in a faux apology.

He's good enough to keep, but it will be at the expense of the depth of another position, most of which already have injury concerns - the DBs, OL, and RB.  Yeah, we have those concerns at WR, too, but I think they are more serious with the other positions.  I don't expect Reggie's knee to bother him, and Nicks' issues are well documented.  Without Nicks and Rogers, we still have a formidable WR core.  Our S, OL, and RB are areas of concern without the injury issues.  So I think we would be better served by retaining a guy at one of those positions instead of keeping Rogers.  That being said depending on who gets cut, I wouldn't be disappointed if we kept him.  I do think people overstate his potential too much.  I see him as a solid depth guy, but don't really expect much beyond that. 

His reason for punting the ball:

@HolderStephen: Da'Rick Rogers' explanation: He didn't know the celebration rules and what you can and can't do with the football. #Colts

Yeeeeaaaahhhhh.

Because the NFL has only been cracking down on that stuff since TERRELL OWENS WAS AN EAGLE.

For a guy who is honestly fighting to keep a roster spot he didn't do himself any favors with the punt, or his lame excuse following it.