Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Barkley Over Luck?

Luck has 35 TDs this season and 80 going in to this season, had to pass on that.

In College:

David Klingler had 91 career TDs and 29 his final season

Tim Couch had 74 career TDs and 36 his final season

So far this season:

Case Keenum has 43 Tds

Matt Barkley has 39 Tds

Kellen Moore has 38 Tds

Brandon Weeden and RG3 have 34 Tds

Aaron Murray has 32 Tds

;)

It boils down to whether we will still run a timing offense like Peyton did, to me.

Matt Barkley, IMO, has a stronger arm than Andrew Luck. However, Luck seems more accurate to me. In the Notre Dame game, his wideouts were still struggling to separate but Luck put the ball where only his wideouts could catch it. Decision making amidst the speed of the NFL, both QBs will make mistakes and will have to learn the hard way, Peyton did too.

This article gives some opinions from teammates of Luck that play for the Panthers now:

http://www.indystar....dyssey=nav|head

Key lines here:

"Andrew's got an unbelievable arm as far as accuracy, he's able to run and moves well for his size, but the big thing is the intangibles," said Carolina reserve defensive end Thomas Keiser, who played with Luck for three years at Stanford. "He's a natural leader. People gravitate toward him. He garners the respect of everybody he's around. He's got that big 'X' factor you look for in a quarterback."

Who has a better arm, Newton or Luck?

Keiser laughed.

"If there was a contest to see who can throw it further, probably Cam," he said. "But Andrew can thread the needle like I've never seen before."

Two lockers down was another Stanford alumnus, nose tackle Sione Fua. "With Andrew, the bar's already been set so high, unless he wins the MVP right away, people will be let down," he said. "But he'll come in right away and get into the playbook. He's a smart guy. He redshirted his first year at Stanford, but he could have played right away."

Barkley is in a passing offense because he has talented wr. Luck doesnt have one wr on that team that will get drafted maybe one tight end would get drafted. Always be weary of a usc quarterback because the talent around them can make them look better than they are.

The problem i have with people saying that QBs from certain teams "look better because they have more talent around them"...um, wouldnt you say that once they get to ANY NFL team, they will have more talent around them than they did in college? So by your arguement that they look better because of talent around them, they should look even better yet at the NFL level! lol the truth is, you never really know how good any QB will transition from college to the NFL until you have had several seasons of NFL games to watch them in.

Barkley is in a passing offense because he has talented wr. Luck doesnt have one wr on that team that will get drafted maybe one tight end would get drafted. Always be weary of a usc quarterback because the talent around them can make them look better than they are.

They each have equally talented teams. Stanford has a better defense, a better O-line, and better TE's. USC has better WR's.

Barkley is in a passing offense because he has talented wr. Luck doesnt have one wr on that team that will get drafted maybe one tight end would get drafted. Always be weary of a usc quarterback because the talent around themcan make them look better than they are.

Owusu will likely be drafted if he's healthy though he'll be a mid to late round pick imo. Fleener will definitely get drafted if he comes out this year and he will likely be one of the top 3 TEs drafted. Zach Ertz and Levine Toilolo (the other 2 TEs) are both redshirt Sophomores so they are draft eligible but imo much less likely they'd come out than Fleener. However, if all 3 declare for the draft, I'd bet my next paycheck they're all 3 in the top 5-7 TEs drafted..

The problem i have with people saying that QBs from certain teams "look better because they have more talent around them"...um, wouldnt you say that once they get to ANY NFL team, they will have more talent around them than they did in college? So by your arguement that they look better because of talent around them, they should look even better yet at the NFL level! lol the truth is, you never really know how good any QB will transition from college to the NFL until you have had several seasons of NFL games to watch them in.

However, the opposing defenses he plays will also have a lot more talent and be running much more complicated defensive schemes. I agree with your last statement though.

They each have equally talented teams. Stanford has a better defense, a better O-line, and better TE's. USC has better WR's.

Agreed and also agree with Noah that Stanford has better RBs as well.

A. Manning is going to give us 3-4 more solid years.

B. (If Manning is done or the Colts Organization thinks he is done AND they don't want to pay the 28 million roster bonus next year...)

OPTION A.

RD 1: Draft Luck (Trade to Miami or Washington for their next three RD 1 picks.

RD 1: Draft Barkley...Trade Barkley to Washington or Seattle for 2 RD 1 picks and a RD 2...

RD 1: Draft Clayborne CB or Kirkpatrick CB or Martin OT or Kalil OT (From Miami/Washington)

RD 2: Draft Decastro G

RD 2: Draft Barron SS (From WASH/MIAMI or SEATTLE)

RD 3: Draft BEST Available...

RD 4: Draft BEST Available...

RD 5: Draft BEST Available...

(3 RD 1 Picks) (From 2012 Luck/Barkley and our normal RD 1)

2014 ****DRAFT QB****

(2 RD 1 Picks) (From 2012 Luck and our normal RD 1)

Back to Normal (Peyton Retires)

OPTION B.

RD 1: Draft Andrew Luck QB

RD 2: Draft Decastro G or Konz C

RD 3: Best Available...etc...etc...etc...etc...

I like Option A, but if Manning is unable to play how about we draft Luck and trade him to Miami or anyone else who is picking top 10/has multiple first round picks. Then we can draft Keenum or RG3 and have extra picks to rebuild this team. Also from watching Luck I am not that impressed and think there are better QBs in the draft and people have made good points about USC QBs.

In College:

David Klingler had 91 career TDs and 29 his final season

Tim Couch had 74 career TDs and 36 his final season

So far this season:

Case Keenum has 43 Tds

Matt Barkley has 39 Tds

Kellen Moore has 38 Tds

Brandon Weeden and RG3 have 34 Tds

Aaron Murray has 32 Tds

;)

All data can't be summed up with just TD's from College. Luck has beaten Elway's Stanford record in 3 years what took Elway 4 years to do. Name the last great USC QB that hasn't been a bust in the nfl. Palmer is the only one that comes to mind, and he is still a big question mark.

All data can't be summed up with just TD's from College. Luck has beaten Elway's Stanford record in 3 years what took Elway 4 years to do. Name the last great USC QB that hasn't been a bust in the nfl. Palmer is the only one that comes to mind, and he is still a big question mark.

I agree and if you'd have actually read and comprehended my post and saw the post I was replying to then you'd have figured out that I was trying to make that exact point. TD passes don't equate to pro success...that's why I used Klingler and Couch as 2 examples. ;)

if you use only stats, Tim Tebow has more yards passing, more touchdowns passing, a better completion percentage and more wins (and less interceptions) through his first 9 starts (dating back to last season) than John Elway did, and by a pretty good margin...but i think its safe to say that Tebow will not have the career that Elway did, although i guess it is possible.

I agree and if you'd have actually read and comprehended my post and saw the post I was replying to then you'd have figured out that I was trying to make that exact point. TD passes don't equate to pro success...that's why I used Klingler and Couch as 2 examples. ;)

I assumed i was comprehending your previous posts around the board that Barkley is supposed to be a better pick than Luck. :P Or do you just forget the nonsense you write?