Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

for those that hate on andy dalton

CR91

You guys are just jealous of ColtsRule91's devotion to Dalton. 

devotion? thats pushing it. I just dont get where all the hate is coming from. a lot of qbs have trouble winning in the playoffs. took peyton til 2003 to win his first playoff game. 

This is why people say stats don't tell the whole story. They are the most objective thing that is used in an even more subjective way. Watch Dalton and you don't see greatness, you see average-above average with the occaisional brilliance (like Flaccos long , lucky TD lobs). People are going to be down on Dalton until he can pull some Andrew Luck. If Dalton was in that chiefs game last year, there are 0 people in this world that would truly believe the team could still win. When you can truly carry a team is when you are elite.

It's listed by starts, did you read it? 

By that Logic Ponder is better because Farve had a year to sit and watch.....

youre completely missing the point. the idea isnt to compare the qbs, but to compare their achievements so far in their career. stats by themselves are pointless if you dont have something to compare it to

youre completely missing the point. the idea isnt to compare the qbs, but to compare their achievements so far in their career. stats by themselves are pointless if you dont have something to compare it to

LOL! What??? It is the same exact comparison!!

where in this whole entire thread did I say dalton is as good as peyton

You asked me the below. How am I to take that any other way, than that you believe the comparison and that on some level Andy Dalton is as good to Peyton manning....?

and what comparison would you deem not terrible

You asked me the below. How am I to take that any other way, than that you believe the comparison and that on some level Andy Dalton is as good to Peyton manning....?

I was insinuating that dalton isnt as bad as people make him out to be 

I was insinuating that dalton isnt as bad as people make him out to be 

He is actually pretty good, the playoff hurdle will come with him getting a run game and not having to shoulder all the load, Despite what some people think Manning had trouble doing that once the team reached the playoffs for that very same reason

Both QuizBoy & NCF make a valid point. Some QBs are just late post season bloomers in this league. Maybe I am expecting too much from Dalton too fast. I will admit that, but I just don't like how the wheels fall off when Andy enters the Playoffs. He's not even competitive. It's like watching the Titanic fill with water, crack in half, & capsize in under 45 minutes. 

But if I'm honest with myself, some of these Patriots post season games vs Peyton & the Colts were lopsided too in the early days as well. 

Yeah Dalton has his moments but I think the Bengals are cursed or something lol. They can't ever seem to get the playoff monkey off their backs.

You can't compare states yards and quarterback rating straight up from the late 90s to now. The stats are inflated these days. Dalton is also in a much easier situation than Manning was.

Dalton isn't Mark Sanchez, but he ain't Peyton either. He's an average level starting QB with a strong O-line (he's pressured on something like 17% of his dropbacks, for comparison Luck was pressured on 37.5% this past season) he's got one of the best receivers in football to throw to with A.J. Green, and a strong defense. I'd say he's an above average (but definitely not elite) passer when he has a clean pocket but he makes tons of mistakes when the defense manages to hit him and get in his face.