Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL.COM's MVP Predictions

PuntersArePeopleToo

With Manning getting an upgrade over Decker and injured starting line players back, There's no reason to think he can't get it handedly again.

how is sanders an upgrade over decker? sanders never had 1000 yards or double digit tds

how is sanders an upgrade over decker? sanders never had 1000 yards or double digit tds

Decker didn't have those stats either until he played with Peyton. sanders is still unknown at this point, but if we're going by physical characteristics, sanders is much faster than decker. Decker has size but that wasn't a part of his game. Peyton didn't chuck up balls to decker because he thought he could get them. Also, many of Peyton's interceptions have come from targeting decker. peyton locked in on sanders and threw an int last preseason game, so we'll have to see if that was a one time thing or not.

Decker didn't have those stats either until he played with Peyton. sanders is still unknown at this point, but if we're going by physical characteristics, sanders is much faster than decker. Decker has size but that wasn't a part of his game. Peyton didn't chuck up balls to decker because he thought he could get them. Also, many of Peyton's interceptions have come from targeting decker. peyton locked in on sanders and threw an int last preseason game, so we'll have to see if that was a one time thing or not.

when you catch 7 tds from tebow thats like 14 from peyton

how well have they done without a running game and top five defense. He hasnt been good in a few seasons

didnt have a running game in 08, but youre right. defense has gotten old, but the weapons have been lacking. I never thought much of sanders even before he signed with the broncos. 

He has been the last couple of years in comparison to the top level guys

the steelers overall have regressed sure, but has ben? these were his stats for 2013, he threw for over 4200 yards, 28 tds to 14 picks which is 2-1 and completed 64 percent of his passes all with basically no help from his defense and running game

I'd say Calvin Johnson is a really nice dark horse canidate. He came close a few years ago, but didn't have the TD total. I think Det. is an improved offense, including Matt Stafford. If Calvin can play 16g he could realistically put up 110/1900/17TDs. If he does that while playing well during the primetime games, and coming through in the clutch during a key stretch to get them to the playoffs he could win it. 

In the end its a QBs award, it will take a historic positional performance to wrestle it from a marginally great QB year. Only a few players in the league are capable of that, so I pick Calvin.

Also, I dont get the E.Sanders love. Hes a nice player, and he's going to do well in Den. but he's a smaller guy, plays a position similar to what they already have Welker for, and JT running thru the middle, I don't know that I would expect anything more than 85/1100/7TD guy. 

Guest nflfan014

It will be one of the big 4 (Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees) or possibly Rivers if San Diego has a good year.  My pick is Brees though...he's good for around 40 TDs, 5,000 yards and I think the Saints are going to have a big year.

Peyton will be the first player in history with 6 MVP's

and the record holder of the most first round play off exits.

Golden boy, golden boy.

He's already won it before the season even starts according to the fans. That's fine with me, Brees and Rodgers will win another Super Bowl long before Manning scores more than 17 points in one.

Peyton will be the first player in history with 6 MVP's

and the record holder of the most first round play off exits.

Golden boy, golden boy.

He's already won it before the season even starts according to the fans. That's fine with me, Brees and Rodgers will win another Super Bowl long before Manning scores more than 17 points in one.

Brees and Rodgers have to get to another one first

It will be one of the big 4 (Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees) or possibly Rivers if San Diego has a good year.  My pick is Brees though...he's good for around 40 TDs, 5,000 yards and I think the Saints are going to have a big year.

Could be Russell Wilson if Seattle goes 14-2 or soemthing

I'd say Calvin Johnson is a really nice dark horse canidate. He came close a few years ago, but didn't have the TD total. I think Det. is an improved offense, including Matt Stafford. If Calvin can play 16g he could realistically put up 110/1900/17TDs. If he does that while playing well during the primetime games, and coming through in the clutch during a key stretch to get them to the playoffs he could win it. 

In the end its a QBs award, it will take a historic positional performance to wrestle it from a marginally great QB year. Only a few players in the league are capable of that, so I pick Calvin.

Emmanuel Sanders vs. Pierre Garcon..who would you take?

Also, I dont get the E.Sanders love. Hes a nice player, and he's going to do well in Den. but he's a smaller guy, plays a position similar to what they already have Welker for, and JT running thru the middle, I don't know that I would expect anything more than 85/1100/7TD guy.

Guest nflfan014

Could be Russell Wilson if Seattle goes 14-2 or something

I like Russell a lot, but he'd have to put up bigger stats to get the attention of the voters.  He reminds me a lot of Brady pre 2007...a 20something TD, low INT, 3,500 yard type of guy that's really efficient and really good in crunch time.  Also doesn't hurt that he has a great team around him.