Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Saints Preseason Game Night Thread

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• But they can always get it right with replay!
    • I wouldn't say it's clear...but I think I have a pretty good beat on it.   TEs take at least a year to develop, so I think they will look to draft a TE on late Day 2 (if he gets more draft capital) or early Day 3 (if they fall). Let him start developing into a TE1 role. I think Friermuth is the guy they want...but Tremble also seems like a good bet...as are McKitty and Long.    And then to address the actual immediate TE need...they will get Ertz after June 1 when PHI can better eat the dead cap hit.   MAC will still have a role, but he's really not the short-intermediate option that Ertz/Doyle are. And after Doyle retires after this season...Ertz will assume his role going for the next couple of years as his career winds down. And MAC will either get a two-year extension or they will add cheap depth in FA.   At first glance, it might seem extreme to carry (4) TEs on the roster...but I think we are going to see a big bump in 12 personnel looks...which means they will need the depth.   The ultimate goal of the offense is to create something even better than the 2017 PHI offense. But not only are the Colts not there yet from a personnel standpoint...Wentz is also not there (given his recent play). And the last time Wentz was playing good football was the last four games of the 2019 season. During those four games, Jeffery and Agholor were both and Pederson ran the offense through his TEs and RBs. PHI ran 12 personnel 55%+ of the time in that 2019 season.   With a TE room that would include Ertz/Doyle/MAC/promising rookie and a RB room that includes Taylor/Hines...those pieces would be in place. And then as Wentz gets more acclimated and fixes his mechanics...they will open the offense more to include the deep ball and WRs.
    • How about trading with our good friends the Jets?  We trade 21(800pts) for their pick 34 2nd rd (560pts) pick 86 3rd rd (160pts) and pick 107 4th rd (80pts).  Total pts. equal 800 both sides.  
    • Thought I would make a thread to discuss it here. It will be steamed live on colts.com, Ap, and I think Facebook.    
  • Members

• Jared Cisneros

Jared Cisneros 3,948

• Coltpwr

Coltpwr 0

Rookie
    • cjrichard

cjrichard 62

• BigO

BigO 59

• Mrfox

Mrfox 5