Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grigson: Richardson "needs to answer the bell".

Dustin

They didn't run out of power formations either. Was more stretch plays. Then play action off those.

Emphasis on speed. But when it came to power, not so much. I'm sure the same vision of Edge getting stuffed by the Patriots is etched in your mind too.

If it has to be one or the other, I want my O line to protect my QB.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Emphasis on speed. But when it came to power, not so much. I'm sure the same vision of Edge getting stuffed by the Patriots is etched in your mind too.

If it has to be one or the other, I want my O line to protect my QB.

I personally wish that Pep would do away with that dumb drive blocking we do so much of, It should be quite clear to anyone that Man Blocking just is not gonna work with any consistency, I'd use Angle Blocking

I personally wish that Pep would do away with that dumb drive blocking we do so much of, It should be quite clear to anyone that Man Blocking just is not gonna work with any consistency, I'd use Angle Blocking

Trent was a zone blocking guy, not that we should build the Oline around him.

What happened to the "we'll use every blocking scheme" philosophy? I guess you have to play to their strengths.

Not enough, I don't have any facts to back this up but I bet the O Line uses Man Blocking right around 90% of the time, I'd use a lot more angle blocking, Much simpler rules among other reasons

I know it's most of the time, couldn't vouch for the percentage.  I'll be at the game Saturday night, I'll try to pay attention to the line.  To be honest though, I love watching the DBs during a game.  (ours, not so much theirs)

I know it's most of the time, couldn't vouch for the percentage.  I'll be at the game Saturday night, I'll try to pay attention to the line.  To be honest though, I love watching the DBs during a game.  (ours, not so much theirs)

Im more an X's and O's kind of guy, I like watching the little things on how a play worked...Or why it didn't work, We need more big plays made from our Secondary though on the ball, I also think Manusky might have to blitz a bit more with the absence of Mathis the first 4 weeks

From my armchair...

Richardson needs to adjust to rule  #1... There will be no hole.

With that clearly understood:

A.) He must start running "angry" (like Bradshaw)

B.) He must use his strength and speed to immediately power into the space between linemen and force seams to form.

C.) He must stop hesitating to do actions A and B. (see rule #1)

From my armchair...

Richardson needs to adjust to rule #1... There will be no hole.

With that clearly understood:

A.) He must start running "angry" (like Bradshaw)

B.) He must use his strength and speed to immediately power into the space between linemen and force seams to form.

C.) He must stop hesitating to do actions A and B. (see rule #1)

Agreed...he must also believe in himself and not let all the Haters get in his head.

Im more an X's and O's kind of guy, I like watching the little things on how a play worked...Or why it didn't work, We need more big plays made from our Secondary though on the ball, I also think Manusky might have to blitz a bit more with the absence of Mathis the first 4 weeks

We had 2 wasn't it?

The Giants game. Butler had a pick and something else happened but that foolish illegal contact they're pressing on now negated both turnovers

Our secondary will be fine. Your chances of getting an interception go up 30% when Darius Butler is in the slot

(All stats used in this post were supplied by the apple juice lovers of America society. They are in no way official. Results may vary)

:peek:

Im more an X's and O's kind of guy, I like watching the little things on how a play worked...Or why it didn't work, We need more big plays made from our Secondary though on the ball, I also think Manusky might have to blitz a bit more with the absence of Mathis the first 4 weeks

Me too, love how well Holmes understands angles in his run blocking. It's hard for centers to get their helmet placement and and back shoulder across the defender's play side shoulder in the run game. so much easier on everybody else to open up holes and see the holes better instead of attacking head on like Satele did.

Small sample size though(last year preseason game vs Bengals, his 12 snaps last year, and his half of a drive vs Jets)

Just little things that go unnoticed to the untrained eye