Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck considered #4 in QB power rankings

xXBOXADDICTx

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luck is not 4th..not yet....

....he cannot be rated ahead of Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers....

....anybody who shuck and jives up a rating to say anything else is wrong at this point

The only one of those he was rated higher than was Brady.  Brees was #3, Rodgers #2 and Peyton #1.

The only one of those he was rated higher than was Brady.  Brees was #3, Rodgers #2 and Peyton #1.

I can't put him ahead of Brady, it's .......disrespectful to logic. Not yet. 

I do believe that when he's done, the only shadow cast over Luck will be from the body of work from Manning. 

I do believe that when he's done, the only shadow cast over Luck will be from the body of work from Manning. 

I agree, I wouldn't put Luck at 4 either. 

I'm with the previous posters as well.

As much as I love me some Andrew Luck,  he's not top-4 yet...   and he's certainly not better than Tom Brady.    The same Tom Brady that has beaten Luck the two times they've played each other.    Sorry,  but for right now,  Brady has scoreboard.

Luck is no better than 5.

I'm with the previous posters as well.

As much as I love me some Andrew Luck, he's not top-4 yet... and he's certainly not better than Tom Brady. The same Tom Brady that has beaten Luck the two times they've played each other. Sorry, but for right now, Brady has scoreboard.

Luck is no better than 5.

I agree Andrew isn't there yet. But head to head stats are the absolute worst way to compare qbs, or any other position really. They don't play on the field at the same time. The colts lost to the ravens in the playoffs. Using that logic, Flacco is a better qb than Luck.

I agree Andrew isn't there yet. But head to head stats are the absolute worst way to compare qbs, or any other position really. They don't play on the field at the same time. The colts lost to the ravens in the playoffs. Using that logic, Flacco is a better qb than Luck.

Wait.....now darn it......you're taking away the basis of validity for every "I'm just callin it real" poster out there. 

Shame on you.

Brady has been good for a long time but last year he stunk it up most of the season they relied on the run and D to win them games . Not that I follow the Pats but had Brady in my FF team so saw his stats every game at a point he was bottom 5 QB in a lot of stats midseason he did bounce back at the end of the year though .

Brady has been good for a long time but last year he stunk it up most of the season they relied on the run and D to win them games . Not that I follow the Pats but had Brady in my FF team so saw his stats every game at a point he was bottom 5 QB in a lot of stats midseason he did bounce back at the end of the year though .

Lost my respect for your statement when you mentioned Fantasy Football. No offense to you, and this isn't aimed at you, but I'm of the opinion that FF makes fans "stupid".

I DO watch the Pats, and Brady is still a bad mamma-jamma. 

Fair point....   noted.

Let's just say if someone looked at all the puzzle pieces and thought Luck was just as good as Brady (tied...)   that I'd say the two head to head games would break the tie in Brady's favor.

I just look forward to the day when Luck is ranked higher than the Big 4 ahead of him and there's no doubt in anyone's mind.....

Even Skip Bayless!         :thmup:       (Oh, who am I kidding,  Bayless is hopeless!   Never happen)

Wait. What? you had Brady on your FF team? Dang brother, I don't believe I`d a told that! lol (jk of course, kinda)

Guest nflfan014

From the article:

"It’s not age or skill set, but the Patriots’ uninspiring roster that bumps Brady out of the Top 4. The return of Gronk offers a sliver of light, but the Pats did nothing in the offseason to surround Brady with weapons. A lesser quarterback would be in trouble, but Brady remains arguably the best of his generation. He’ll make it work this season. But just imagine what he could do with Denver’s receiving corps."

Guest nflfan014

Luck is already better than Brady.

LOL.  For some reason I picture you with anti-Pats stuff all over your basement.

Guest nflfan014

Hard to be a football fan and not be :thmup: But we are still talking career lows in many categories .  

Second half of the season when he got used to the receivers he had, he threw over 15 TDs, 2,500 yards, and completed 65 percent of his passes. 

From the article:

"It’s not age or skill set, but the Patriots’ uninspiring roster that bumps Brady out of the Top 4. The return of Gronk offers a sliver of light, but the Pats did nothing in the offseason to surround Brady with weapons. A lesser quarterback would be in trouble, but Brady remains arguably the best of his generation. He’ll make it work this season. But just imagine what he could do with Denver’s receiving corps."

What would he do with Denver's receiving core? Overthrow them in the playoffs.

Guest nflfan014

I wasn't aware throwing spirals or deep balls was Peyton's specialty? :thmup:

Guest nflfan014

You have Peyton issues more than anyone here. Nobody brought up peyton in this thread until you did.

Most Colts fans are also Peyton/Broncos fans I thought.

Guest nflfan014

Other than Welker, the Broncos don't have any short white guys, so they'd get up and catch the ball.

Guest nflfan014

The conversation was about Denver's receivers and how Brady would do with them.  I'm not saying he'd do better than Manning, but I think you could give Brady, Rodgers, or Brees Denver's receivers and they'd put up similar stats, and the writer of the article that this post was about seems to think so as well.  He rated Luck ahead of Brady based on having better receivers.

Guest nflfan014

He had the 2nd highest deep completion% last season.

A lot of that was YAC.  He can barely throw it 10 yards anymore.