Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I See Nfl.com Is Bored And Writing Pointless Articles.

CjMcGirt23

:slaphead: Why do they keep writing this garbage?

Jim has said Peyton will retire a Colt . . . Peyton has said he wants to retire a Colt.

Is a man's word good for nothing anymore?

This is pro sports, you can never take a players word or owners word for anything becuase you never know what is going to happen. We just have to wait and see...

It is a a pro-sports team, but the Colts are extremely loyal to their players. Look how long they kept Bob and Marvin in hopes they could turn around.

It is one of the things I love about this organization, their values.

Where was all this love for Edge, or Peterson the LB or all the other defensive players or O-line guys we have let walk?

Where was all this love for Edge, or Peterson the LB or all the other defensive players or O-line guys we have let walk?

I don't get on this forum to argue. You see things in a different way than I do. That's ok. I don't see anything further we have to discuss on this subject.

I think he means they can't trade him due to the money, I would doubt there is a clause stopping it. Trust me if a team wanted him bad enough any contract can be worked around, there is no player in the NFL that can not be traded, it may take some work but they will find a way.

P

It is a a pro-sports team, but the Colts are extremely loyal to their players. Look how long they kept Bob and Marvin in hopes they could ...turn around.

It is one of the things I love about this organization, their values.

They are loyal to only some of their players. Look at the ones they let get away in the prime of their career and got nothing in return: Jake Scott, Mike Peterson, David Thornton, Edge, etc. The ironic thing is the stiffs that replaced them are a lot worse players

Man, I dont know but I am tired of seeing nonsense like this...Do people truly honestly think we are going to throw away the greatest this team has seen for the past decade....Dont think so, and some fans are actually all for it just to get Luck, Apparently all you people on the Luck Bandwagon never heard of the "potential First round Bust"..Look at Ryan Leaf...said to be a number one draft pick and colts could have had that bust but instead we take a kid from tennessee..Named Manning..

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT POLIAN IS GOING TO DO WITH THIS DRAFT....STOP GUESSING!!!

you made a few good points, but ruined it with this

yeah Might have over did it a bit...I and I admit I have fallen victim to trying to guess how this draft is going to be, but man I give up and it gets old seeing everyone say we are trading manning or we are taking luck...I guess any is possible, but can we just wait and see?

the NFL writers jobs are to attract readers to the site so they get some form of revenue through advertisements etc.

This means even making dumb claims or writing articles that make no sense. The average fan will eat it up.

Well after tonight's game, a trade to the Jets is looking a lot more plausible!

Agree with u.

Sanchez is jets' liability. Flacco is ravens liability. I really hope manning could go either of these teams and win a couple of rings he well deserves. Meanwhile colts can really figure out their problems and get them addressed from several years of high drafts, which will benefit the team in a longer term.

Agree with u.

Sanchez is jets' liability. Flacco is ravens liability. I really hope manning could go either of these teams and win a couple of rings he well deserves. Meanwhile colts can really figure out their problems and get them addressed from several years of high drafts, which will benefit the team in a longer term.

Yeah, though I'd hate to see him move on from the Colts, it's the only way he'll get another ring 'if' he's able to play another few years.

And the Colts don't have strong enough personnel to be a contender even with Peyton and a strong coach without at least a couple of years of trading and drafting. Sad, really sad, what Polian and Irsay (as Jim says, he's the "CEO") have let happen to this team over the last several years. They went "all in" on their big bet of Peyton playing at an elite level forever - a silly bet.

Can anybody give a percentage of great players spending the entire career with only one team? My feeling it is not high.

Now that you mention it, it can't be any higher than 50%. They still think they can play at a high level and usually go to other teams because their original team can see that they digressed.

People read these kinds of articles, that's why people keep writing them. BTW, I bet Unitas though he would retire a Colt, Montana and Rice probably thought they would retire as 49ers. Favre a Packer. It's not that far fetched that Manning could finish his career elsewhere.

Rice retired a 49er. Usually if a player plays on a team for a long time and they retire on another team, their original team will sign them to a one day contract to retire there.

Rice retired a 49er. Usually if a player plays on a team for a long time and they retire on another team, their original team will sign them to a one day contract to retire there.

this might be a dumb question but do they get any type of money for signing a 1 day contract?

How about this for a story line? Peyton Manning led New York Jets vs Eli Manning led New York Giants in a home game Super Bowl for both teams in New York?

I think that would open up a rift in the space-time continuum or something like that.

As much as I understand the reaction here, nothing would surprise me. If Manning was OK with this happening, or wanted it to happen, there are ways around everything... contracts, etc.

The problem is that the Jets probably aren't going to have the ammunition to get him. I don't think a mid-round 1st pick and any package of additional picks is worth it. Plus their o-line, despite having Mangold and Ferguson, is not playing well. Manning would have the defense he's probably always dreamed of having, but he's had much better offenses for most of his career. Holmes and Burress are good but not great.

this might be a dumb question but do they get any type of money for signing a 1 day contract?

"signing a one-day contract for $1,985,806.49. The number represented the year Rice was drafted (1985), his number (80), the year he retired (2006), and the 49ers (49). The figure was ceremonial, and Rice received no money. There was a halftime ceremony to honor him during the 49ers' matchup with the Seattle Seahawks on November 19, 2006."

I think that would open up a rift in the space-time continuum or something like that.

As much as I understand the reaction here, nothing would surprise me. If Manning was OK with this happening, or wanted it to happen, there are ways around everything... contracts, etc.

The problem is that the Jets probably aren't going to have the ammunition to get him. I don't think a mid-round 1st pick and any package of additional picks is worth it. Plus their o-line, despite having Mangold and Ferguson, is not playing well. Manning would have the defense he's probably always dreamed of having, but he's had much better offenses for most of his career. Holmes and Burress are good but not great.

Getting free agents Garcon and Wayne wouldn't hurt. ;)

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

More useless articles from nfl.com, I think Dungy is out of his mind on this.

I could see Dungy's suggestion being a far more plausible scenario than the Colts trading Manning...just based on what I feel about how Irsay will address the situation. The only thing I don't like about the idea is that the trade wouldn't occur until after the draft (unless Peyton is given a clean bill of health and is back to 100% or close to it prior to the draft) so any draft picks we'd acquire wouldn't be until 2013 so unless we got several players in the trade, we wouldn't reap any rewards until the 2013 season.