Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hopefully Grigson isn't crazy enough to trade him to some other team for some dude that ain't worth a darn!

Kerr is a big beast. I'll take him over RJF or Pendleton from what I've seen so far.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way he lasts on the Practice Squad. I think we either keep him on active roster or he is gone.  It is hard to fine nose guards.

Raji went down you think GB might have some interest in him. He was on the roster before tonight in my opinion McKinney is gone probably to GB maybe we could work something out they are deep on D

Is this guy sticking out to anyone else on here? I'm falling in love with this guys motor and his ability to split the line and create havoc. He's the one guy I'm rooting for to make the practice squad this year. I think he could end up being a fine rotational player if he continued to grow. Thoughts?

Hate to tell ya this if he doesn't make the 53 he will be gone he isn't even gonna clear waivers

I like Kerr and I hope he makes the team but every pre-season there is a guy who owns other teams back ups and every year the forum acts like the guy is a superstar the Colts can't cut. This is when I offer my yearly advice of while playing well at any time is a good thing who you do it against does matter. This is why I said I I wish they had played Kerr against other teams ones a little just to see. Beating other teams back ups is nice but those guys aren't going to playing in two weeks, starters are a different level clearly and just because you are good against back ups doesn't mean you will be good against starters. Don't believe me how's last years pre-season super star Ceaser Rayford doing? Don't get me wrong I like what I have seen from Kerr a great deal and I think he's made it very hard for the Colts to release him but I think if he was as good as some here think he is he would be starting not playing against back ups. With that said I think he's earned his spot here and I think he makes the team.

I like Kerr and I hope he makes the team but every pre-season there is a guy who owns other teams back ups and every year the forum acts like the guy is a superstar the Colts can't cut. This is when I offer my yearly advice of while playing well at any time is a good thing who you do it against does matter. This is why I said I I wish they had played Kerr against other teams ones a little just to see. Beating other teams back ups is nice but those guys aren't going to playing in two weeks, starters are a different level clearly and just because you are good against back ups doesn't mean you will be good against starters. Don't believe me how's last years pre-season super star Ceaser Rayford doing? Don't get me wrong I like what I have seen from Kerr a great deal and I think he's made it very hard for the Colts to release him but I think if he was as good as some here think he is he would be starting not playing against back ups. With that said I think he's earned his spot here and I think he makes the team.

I am not sure, Can he play DE or can Hughes play DE if not we would be keeping 3 nose guards that is kind of overkill, I really like Kerr to but I would not be shocked to see him lost trying to get to the PS, I hope not but Chapman isn't going anywhere and we traded up for Hughes.

Tough choices on D this year. That being said I kept him on my projected 53.

anyone who watched second half tell me how other players played henoc muamba purifoy anyone else do anything good?

only guy that jumped out at me was Kerr. Muamba had a sack,  Purifoy returned another punt that helps his chances. It seemed like we had the ball a lot in the second half.

Yeah looking at time of possession Saints had it 20mins in the first half only 12 in the second so the 2 and 3's didn't get a lot of action.

Boom and Tipton ran well. Eric Thomas did not play well. He came in with some hype hasn't lived up to it could be playing with Harnish but he had an important one late that seemed to just go thru his hands.

I am not sure, Can he play DE or can Hughes play DE if not we would be keeping 3 nose guards that is kind of overkill, I really like Kerr to but I would not be shocked to see him lost trying to get to the PS, I hope not but Chapman isn't going anywhere and we traded up for Hughes.

I've mostly seen Kerr on the field at DE with McKinney at NT, and he subbed for Art Jones at DE when he got injured in the first half.  Both he and Hughes appear to fit the versatility that they want.  McKinney has exceeded expectations as well, but I don't see us keeping him, and therefore 7 DL, in a year where we are looking to keep 6 WR and sorting out depth at LB and safety.

Kerr did play against the ones.

Yall acting like Kerr wasn't good when he was in with the first team.

I thought he looked just as good as anyone else on the field with the ones. He didn't stand out in a bad way so that is very good. I like the kid, plenty if room to grow. He can only continue to get better if he outs in the work.

I want this fat boy on the team. I like his energy, dance moves and overall fatness. Heck...I say stick this big boy on the OLine as well and let's see if he can open up some holes for the run game. At least look at him down by the goal line. Give him the ball even. Lol Couldn't hurt as nothing else seems to be working.

He's a lot like Chapman in terms of showing some speed for being a big man. Never gives up on plays and isn't afraid to chase the ball carrier down. That's the kind of traits I am looking for.

he's faster than chapman IMO (as far as pursuit speed)

He did play some snaps with the first team last night and then played almost the entire second half

only guy that jumped out at me was Kerr. Muamba had a sack,  Purifoy returned another punt that helps his chances. It seemed like we had the ball a lot in the second half.

Yeah looking at time of possession Saints had it 20mins in the first half only 12 in the second so the 2 and 3's didn't get a lot of action.

Boom and Tipton ran well. Eric Thomas did not play well. He came in with some hype hasn't lived up to it could be playing with Harnish but he had an important one late that seemed to just go thru his hands.

Gotta admit, Harnish has looked better than previous games. At least he threw a nice td pass.

Kerr's sack dance was the highlight of the game for me.  I love to watch a guy who is playing hard and having fun doing it.  I would like to see the Colts pop for a bigger jersey for him, though. The one he was wearing last night looked like it was about stretched to its limits.  I'd hate to see a man that size have a "wardrobe malfunction". 

I agree that there is no way he stays on the P.S. this kid is just plain good. If he doesn't make the 53 man squad after last night against the saints then someone needs to go get their eyes checked out. He just has a motor that won't stop. And I have to agree with some of you that Mckinney is looking like the odd man out.

Kerr had a good game last nite and I feel he deserves a spot on the final roster.  If he gets put on the PS, chances are he will be snatched up pretty quick.  I didn't realize he was such a big guy until his dance move last nite  LOL.  He's a beast !!!  

He can play DE and NT.  The big fella has some wheels on him, it's surprising how fast he moves.

Muamba was around the ball on every play

I was looking for him to come in for Sheppard earlier his over pursuit created the lane that gave up the one long run vs the 1's I thought He got trapped in the mess.

Kind of mad at myself didn't hit record gotta wait on the replay from ESPN its hard to see things when you are into it emotionally sometimes

He earned himself a job last night. Even if he doesn't make our final roster, there should be at least a handful of teams putting in a waiver claim on him. He looked better than anyone who was put in front of him yesterday.

If you read the pre draft scouting reports on him , there is no reason that he was not somewhere drafted in rounds 5-7. I would also say that according to scouting reports , if you can go by them , it would be no huge shock that he ended up being a very good NFL player. Also ran a 5.1 40 and had 28 reps , and has long arms. I thought that one play in the second half where he ran down the RB behind the LOC was very impressive. IMO , it doesn't matter if this was vs the first team or the 3rd team. 

i like both Kerr and McKinney alot. Kerr has made plays with pressure on the QB and 3rd down defense and 

McKinney has been clogging holes and taking on double teams rather well. I hope they both make the 53. I dont

understand why people say Kerr outplayed McKinney,they both have impressed me.

i thought he didnt play much NT at all but i could be wrong but i saw him playing DE while McKinney played NT

i thought he didnt play much NT at all but i could be wrong but i saw him playing DE while McKinney played NT

I wasn't smart enough to record the game I have to wait until Tuesday for the replay I have him on my projected 53 over McKinney

I wasn't smart enough to record the game I have to wait until Tuesday for the replay I have him on my projected 53 over McKinney

boy do i know that feeling living in VA and working all the time thank god for preseason live online thing. Personally i hope they both

make the roster but i always have my more favorite players on the roster. Brandon McKinney just happens to be one.

I also really like Kelvin Sheppard but that's a sentiment many dont share. I guess with Brandon i just like the

comeback from the ACL and hope he gets a spot but i understand we're crowded (with talent) at the D-Line and NT in particular.

If you read the pre draft scouting reports on him , there is no reason that he was not somewhere drafted in rounds 5-7. I would also say that according to scouting reports , if you can go by them , it would be no huge shock that he ended up being a very good NFL player. Also ran a 5.1 40 and had 28 reps , and has long arms. I thought that one play in the second half where he ran down the RB behind the LOC was very impressive. IMO , it doesn't matter if this was vs the first team or the 3rd team. 

I expected him to get drafted. He was the one UDFA that we got that I definitely thought should have been picked. He looks like a catch, for sure.