Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zach Kerr

Dark Superman

Is this guy sticking out to anyone else on here? I'm falling in love with this guys motor and his ability to split the line and create havoc. He's the one guy I'm rooting for to make the practice squad this year. I think he could end up being a fine rotational player if he continued to grow. Thoughts?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kerr is a keeper.  The Colts need to make room on the 53-man roster for him.  Based on what he did against NYG, he wouldn't even clear waivers to make it to the practice squad.  Most 3-4 NTs are built to take on two blockers and clog up the middle against the run, but how many of them have the power to collapse the pocket with a bull rush and the speed to sack the QB on passing plays?

I liked him even before we drafted him. It'd be nice to see us rotate guys a lot up front like Seattle does, to help keep the front 7 from playing tired.

We do that now, but it's mostly between the 3/4 4/3 personnel.

I think those guys get more wear on their legs running on and off the field than they do playing.

Has he gone against any first team competition yet? He did look good and I'd rather have a young guy, but I'm not sure he's been tested much yet.

With him not being in the first team rotation, I think it's going to be hard for him to see action against our opponents first team. With the versatility of Hughes, Jones, and RJF, along with Chapman and Redding, those guys are going to get the majority of the snaps at first. However, with him clearly outperforming the other teams 2's and 3's, I don't think we have to worry about him if he's thrown into the fire early on. Get his feet wet, then turn him loose when he's absolutely needed. Kerr, this year, could be like Pendleton was for us last year. Mr. McKinney looks to be the obvious choice as the odd man out right now.

Kerr > McKinney

I loved that we picked Kerr up from the get go, and can't believe he went undrafted. 

No way we could stash him, San Diego would be all over him lol. 

San Diego or Colts West? It's hard to tell the difference now.

According to PFF, Zach Kerr was our highest rated defensive player in the game with a +3.5 overall, +2.0 run defense, +1.3 pass rush in 48 total plays - 15 run, 33 pass.

Second highest on defense... Dewey McDonald. Followed by Lou I believe.  UDFA or bust

Is this guy sticking out to anyone else on here? I'm falling in love with this guys motor and his ability to split the line and create havoc. He's the one guy I'm rooting for to make the practice squad this year. I think he could end up being a fine rotational player if he continued to grow. Thoughts?

If they PS him they deserve to lose him. He sticks out like a sore thumb.

With him not being in the first team rotation, I think it's going to be hard for him to see action against our opponents first team. With the versatility of Hughes, Jones, and RJF, along with Chapman and Redding, those guys are going to get the majority of the snaps at first. However, with him clearly outperforming the other teams 2's and 3's, I don't think we have to worry about him if he's thrown into the fire early on. Get his feet wet, then turn him loose when he's absolutely needed. Kerr, this year, could be like Pendleton was for us last year. Mr. McKinney looks to be the obvious choice as the odd man out right now.

I think McKinny might be the odd man out if -- and it's a big if -- we only have 6 defensive lineman.

But, I think we'll go with 7....   which means both McKinney and Kerr would make it.

I think McKinny might be the odd man out if -- and it's a big if -- we only have 6 defensive lineman.

Basically this, though there's still 2 games left.

Many of the guys filling out the back end of the depth chart still have a long way to go to make the team, including Kerr.

He has made the 53. No doubt; he is a keeper!

This guy MUST be on the active roster. He won't clear wavers. I was at the game tonight, and his presence is palpable. He was a one man show most of the second half. Not to mention, he has tremendous versatility with the ability to play all three positions along the line. He is a hands down keeper for me.