Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Da'rick Rogers...future #1 WR

ED29_1659yards

Rogers is. . . I don't know about Whalen there is some sort of rule where you can get on PS for 3 seasons if the team has kept it's roster full.  I'm not exactly sure what that means but he might be PS eligible.  However I don't want him there.  Someone would claim him on waivers.

As I recall, no one claimed Whalen off waivers or free agency before. The guy is an undrafted undersized developmental project. Only reason we like to give him a chance is he played with Andrew Luck in college and he kind of knows our offense by now, so I'm not convinced a team would sign him.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was for comparison purposes. Moncrief didn't do much either and is only those 3 that might have the possibility of getting cut. Fanatical? This coming from people calling Rogers a #1 lock after making 1 catch. Lay year doesn't count cause we don't have enough body of work to determine if that is his norm.

You question me calling you fanatical and then in the next breath you make up fictional people who are calling Rogers a "lock" to be a #1 WR because of "1 catch".

If you put your torch and pitchfork down for a minute you might see that most of us like both Whalen and Rogers and would like to see them both on the final roster. One thread that is voicing excitement for Rogers does not mean we all want to dispose of Whalen now.

PS: There's no chance Moncrief is cut.

You question me calling you fanatical and then in the next breath you make up fictional people who are calling Rogers a "lock" to be a #1 WR because of "1 catch".

If you put your torch and pitchfork down for a minute you might see that most of us like both Whalen and Rogers and would like to see them both on the final roster. One thread that is voicing excitement for Rogers does not mean we all want to dispose of Whalen now.

PS: There's no chance Moncrief is cut.

This i know.  I question it because it was a comparitive post to put Rogers into some context.  Then the next part i knew i was broad stroking most people with it.  But if you have been around since rogers got here, which you have, you would know the amount of praise this kid has been getting is really ridiculous in my opinion.  Ever since he got here there have been people, not just excited about him, falling all over him without seeing him doing anything even before his first game.  What i have seen is that most people that praise Rogers, bash whalen and say he gets cut and can never make it on a NFL team.  That is again, the majority of what i have read this past year.  Maybe things have changed this year, idk.

This i know. I question it because it was a comparitive post to put Rogers into some context. Then the next part i knew i was broad stroking most people with it. But if you have been around since rogers got here, which you have, you would know the amount of praise this kid has been getting is really ridiculous in my opinion. Ever since he got here there have been people, not just excited about him, falling all over him without seeing him doing anything even before his first game. What i have seen is that most people that praise Rogers, bash whalen and say he gets cut and can never make it on a NFL team. That is again, the majority of what i have read this past year. Maybe things have changed this year, idk.

Yeah people were quite crazy in the beginning (myself included, at times) because we were desperate for WR help at the time. We had just lost Reggie for the year and realized DHB had feet for hands. Now that we have a very solid group of WRs the crazyness over Rogers has died down a lot, but the potential is certainly still there and I think that's all this thread is getting at.

Yeah people were quite crazy in the beginning (myself included, at times) because we were desperate for WR help at the time. We had just lost Reggie for the year and found out DHB was had feet for hands. Now that we have a very solid group of WRs the crazyness over Rogers has died down a lot, but the potential is certainly still there and I think that's all this thread is getting at.

I think he would have dropped less balls if he actually had feet for hands

It was amazing to watch the different responses to this thread. "FUTURE" should have been typed in faux bold, with a drop shadow with special text effects. We went from G.Whalen being cut to D.Rogers being last on the depth chart?...(behind J.Lenz, E.Thomas, R.Lankford, and G.Monroe?...I'm sorry, what?, that's not what you meant?....yea, tell me about it)....He's being...here we go.....GROOMED for a bigger role. Hilton will always be Lucks favorite target, but not the offenses' most dependable receptionist...Love TY, but being 5`9 175 is painful when you're running a 5 yard slant in the middle where the sharks & head hunters are...