Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

calling holmes and mewhort

please come back soon for the sake of our running game.

Louis definitely looked overwhelmed. From what I could see Harrison looked okay.

But you're right, the line was much better in pass protection than in run blocking.

Louis definitely looked overwhelmed. From what I could see Harrison looked okay.

But you're right, the line was much better in pass protection than in run blocking.

That is a plus, the pass protection was solid without 2 starters. Even when the backups came in, usually our backup QBs are little more than tackling dummies for the defense but even they had sometime to make reads last night (though, apparently Harnish can't read).

That is a plus, the pass protection was solid without 2 starters. Even when the backups came in, usually our backup QBs are little more than tackling dummies for the defense but even they had sometime to make reads last night (though, apparently Harnish can't read).

im gonna be upset if we waste a ps spot for harnish

I feel the same way. Unfortunately, I think Luck really likes him. I was hanging out with Harnish's trainer yesterday, and we had a whole discussion about this. I was telling him I didn't think Harnish could complete a pass to save his life, to which he responded that he doesn't really need to because "The Franchise" loves him. They room together too. He also went on to say that Luck has confided in Harnish his disappointment with Trent. Made comments about how he can't believe how much was given up to get him. Take that as you may. This guy has been Harnish's primary offseason trainer for the past 4 years, and he seemed pretty genuine with the things he was saying.

Harnish has looked poor, although I do not believe that his pass protection has been very good. However, when he has had protection he still has made poor throws.

Harnish has looked poor, although I do not believe that his pass protection has been very good. However, when he has had protection he still has made poor throws.

His pass protection certainly hasn't been great but it's definitely better than in years passed. He's also had better targets to throw to as well.

His pass protection certainly hasn't been great but it's definitely better than in years passed. He's also had better targets to throw to as well.

That's true. He looked halfway decent that first year I thought, not so much since then.

He also went on to say that Luck has confided in Harnish his disappointment with Trent. Made comments about how he can't believe how much was given up to get him.

how likely is this true?

I feel the same way. Unfortunately, I think Luck really likes him. I was hanging out with Harnish's trainer yesterday, and we had a whole discussion about this. I was telling him I didn't think Harnish could complete a pass to save his life, to which he responded that he doesn't really need to because "The Franchise" loves him. They room together too. He also went on to say that Luck has confided in Harnish his disappointment with Trent. Made comments about how he can't believe how much was given up to get him. Take that as you may. This guy has been Harnish's primary offseason trainer for the past 4 years, and he seemed pretty genuine with the things he was saying.

I find it extremely hard to believe Luck would say something like that about a teammate, even to his best friend.

how likely is this true?

I have been ruminating over that very question since yesterday. What I have come up with is that my friend was being honest that he was told by Harnish; however, I'm not convinced Harnish was being entirely honest. Every fiber of my being is telling me that Luck is far to much of a consummate professional to risk team chemestry with such a comment. In the end, that's why I brought it to the forum lol.

I have been ruminating over that very question since yesterday. What I have come up with is that my friend was being honest that he was told by Harnish; however, I'm not convinced Harnish was being entirely honest. Every fiber of my being is telling me that Luck is far to much of a consummate professional to risk team chemestry with such a comment. In the end, that's why I brought it to the forum lol.

thats not luck. he wouldnt throw someone under the bus no way

I find it extremely hard to believe Luck would say something like that about a teammate, even to his best friend.

I agree and this is the first time I've ever heard of Luck and Harnish being that close.

I mean he's probably good friends with Fleener and Whalen because they played together at Stanford.  And I think he's gotten to know Castanzo pretty well too because he said they play board games together.

But I've never heard about him hanging out with Harnish.

This is the first time I've ever heard it suggested that he's close with Harnish.

I don't care if Harnish is Luck's best friend though. . . there is no reason to keep him around.  He's not developing to the point where he's gonna be a good backup. 

We either re-sign Hasselbeck for another season or draft someone 4th round or later to be he backup.

I agree with you there. Luck has exercised restraint in throwing any player under the bus, let alone a starting offensive teammate. If he were to throw someone under a bus, I'd rather it be Harnish haha.

if he doesnt throw satale under the bus he doesnt throw anyone haha

I agree and this is the first time I've ever heard of Luck and Harnish being that close.

I mean he's probably good friends with Fleener and Whalen because they played together at Stanford. And I think he's gotten to know Castanzo pretty well too because he said they play board games together.

But I've never heard about him hanging out with Harnish.

This is the first time I've ever heard it suggested that he's close with Harnish.

I don't care if Harnish is Luck's best friend though. . . there is no reason to keep him around. He's not developing to the point where he's gonna be a good backup.

We either re-sign Hasselbeck for another season or draft someone 4th round or later to be he backup.

I agree. Under no circumstances can Harnish be allowed to be/ depended on as our backup QB. I think MH is done after this year though, unless he somehow agrees to another year at a discounted rate. For this reason, I would agree with your assertion that we draft a QB next year.

I agree. Under no circumstances can Harnish be allowed to be/ depended on as our backup QB. I think MH is done after this year though, unless he somehow agrees to another year at a discounted rate. For this reason, I would agree with your assertion that we draft a QB next year.

He sort of retreated on retirement talk.  I'd take him for another year at 3 million if he wanted it.  It would give us the chance to spend that draft pick on the defense.

But Harnish has to go, he's just not gonna be an NFL QB, not even as a backup. 

He sort of retreated on retirement talk. I'd take him for another year at 3 million if he wanted it. It would give us the chance to spend that draft pick on the defense.

That would be great if MH came back. He is such a luxury to have. Honestly, you present a great point. I would much rather not have to use a high pick on a QB when we are so close to the monster being built!

We won't and we can't. Yes used up all of his PS eligibility.

You may be right,  but I thought it was reported here last year that players have 3 years of PS eligibility and not 2.

Of course, much of it depends on how much actual time is spent on the 53 man roster.     And I don't think Harnish has spent much time there.

I'm not speaking with any confidence here,  but that what's I thought I read here last year.....

I agree with you there. Luck has exercised restraint in throwing any player under the bus, let alone a starting offensive teammate. If he were to throw someone under a bus, I'd rather it be Harnish haha.

I heard Harnish tried to throw himself under the bus, but he missed.

He sort of retreated on retirement talk.  I'd take him for another year at 3 million if he wanted it.  It would give us the chance to spend that draft pick on the defense.

Yeah and I can't believe Painter is still in the league. 

Tell it to Pam Oliver, he put it in her ear hole:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL5bgPSLAiI

Everybody say..

oops upside your head, say oops upside your head,

(All the ladies say)

say oops upside your head, say oops upside your head,

(All the fellas say)

(everybody say)

Welp being touted Mr. Irrelevant is probabaly not a #hashtag any NFL player wants to be known for. It's like "I have aspirations to be the crapiest NFL player of all time." That being said, he is a NFL player. That is much more than I personally have ever amounted to!! Lol

Harnish is from my neck of the woods. I have friends who went to school with him at Norwell and they weren't too fond of his personality. I wish the best for the guy though. Not sure if he will make the team after this season.

Harnish is from my neck of the woods. I have friends who went to school with him at Norwell and they weren't too fond of his personality. I wish the best for the guy though. Not sure if he will make the team after this season.

Anyone who says they aren't too fond of Harnish's personality speaks volumes about themselves.  He is "Mr. Personality "  I do know Chandler has "his own" bedroom at Andrew's condo downtown.  And yes, he is close with Chandler who rooms with him at away games.

Anyone who says they aren't too fond of Harnish's personality speaks volumes about themselves. He is "Mr. Personality " I do know Chandler has "his own" bedroom at Andrew's condo downtown. And yes, he is close with Chandler who rooms with him at away games.

Right, they are my good friends but I don't know their relationship with each other. This was in highschool so it was some time ago. I wish the best for him. I would like to see him play behind a decent line to see what he can do.