Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. N.Y. Giants Preseason Game Night Thread

Gonna be a tough decision between Purifoy and Burley if we keep 5 corners.

Purifoy will likely get the nod because of what he brings to special teams.

Whalen might be on outside looking in

Griff? He played great tonight. He won't start, but he will be kept for sure.

Whalen might be on outside looking in

I would think that might be Rogers Whalen was in with the starters not Rogers.

I didn't say he would be cut just losing return duties

I didn't say he would be cut just losing return duties

Oh my bad. I understand.

I think both will be kept but Whalen losing return duties to Purifoy

I think we keep 6 Davis Toler Butler Gordy Burley and Purifoy. 4 safety's that is going to be where the big decision is made Colt Anderson has been playing well. Landry Howell then you have Adams Anderson and Brown.

Big decisions to be made.

Don't know. DaRick might be coming for that spot before it's all said and done. He has been more impressive thus far.

I think we keep 6 Davis Toler Butler Gordy Burley and Purifoy. 4 safety's that is going to be where the big decision is made Colt Anderson has been playing well. Landry Howell then you have Adams Anderson and Brown.

Big decisions to be made.

Agreed but if it comes down to LP and MB Purifoy has the edge due to his return skills

That is because Griff plays the slot and Rogers doesn't

Don't know. DaRick might be coming for that spot before it's all said and done. He has been more impressive thus far.

I disagree. Griff is more reliable. Rogers has issues with routes, but he's great when he has to use his straight-line speed. And honestly, Luck has more chemistry with Griff at this point. But that could change.

Anyway, they both performed well tonight.

I think both will be kept but Whalen losing return duties to Purifoy

We can't keep them all I would not be surprised if we keep only 5 WR's we are going to have to trade or cut some good players this year.

I am very impressed with the team today. We looked good and that was with 2 starters gone on the O Line.

We can't keep them all I would not be surprised if we keep only 5 WR's we are going to have to trade or cut some good players this year.

I am very impressed with the team today. We looked good and that was with 2 starters gone on the O Line.

And our two best receivers from last year

I disagree. Griff is more reliable. Rogers has issues with routes, but he's great when he has to use his straight-line speed. And honestly, Luck has more chemistry with Griff at this point. But that could change.

I am with you and go ahead and throw Rogers brings nothing to any of the special team units. If we keep 6 then it is a mute point

I wouldn't want to go into the season with only 5 WRs

I don't see it as being a difficult decision. Special teams isn't an aspect coaches take lightly. 

That's true but if they have who they need in special teams, who would make the roster on cornerback ability. I'd be more comfortable with Burley playing (due to injury) at corner than Purifoy.

Purifoy because of versatility

I can see that. But if the coaches have what they need at special teams I think Burley gets the nod because he covers better.

And our two best receivers from last year

I totally forgot 87 and TY weren't in there. This team has me pretty excited. The D looked good. That play Werner made was the kind of play a 1st round pick makes.

I can see that. But if the coaches have what they need at special teams I think Burley gets the nod because he covers better.

I foresee LP as one of the primary returners

Griff is more reliable but isn't a big play threat. DaRick is on any given play. Just depends on which way the coaching staff wants to augment the receiving corps. Luck has plenty of reliable types in Wayne, T.Y. and possibly Nicks. DaRick adds size and explosiveness to the mix that Griff can't match.