Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. N.Y. Giants Preseason Game Night Thread

I would imagine that their message board is very salty with this performance, preseason or not.

They really are. I checked it out to get some laughs. They're talking about going 0-16 and drafting Mariota.

It is just preseason but feeling better about depth. Oline looking good in pass protection and plenty of starters out tonight.

It is just preseason but feeling better about depth. Oline looking good in pass protection and plenty of starters out tonight.

Agreed

We have an atypical punter. His teammates seem to embrace him as a football player and not just a kicker. 

Gonna be a tough decision between Purifoy and Burley if we keep 5 corners.

I don't see it as being a difficult decision. Special teams isn't an aspect coaches take lightly. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Parcells did not know him at first. He followed his career since he was young and began going to his games and then they became friends. I read s New York Times article about he and Parcells. They mentioned that parcells doesn’t normally emote such praise over a football player and yet he compared him to Curtis Martin and a few of his favorites. Now that’s not normal stuff like you are saying. FR and CB were doing the same thing while Luck was still with us and I noticed that it was odd that they did it for a backup QB. When asked about Luck they would mention his talent, but CB often went the “we aren’t about 1 person “ route. We are building a team.  I think it’s a noticeable difference and I thought that all along. J read every article Colts. Com puts out. So I do not think it’s just a song and dance act in his case. They may still draft a QB which would be smart anyway, but I don’t think they necessarily grade him exactly the way most fans are right now. They treat Vinny the same way. By the way. They put the onus on the entire team when JB or Vinny is criticized. IDK. They may not replace JB so quickly as many think.
    • Ballard can't control injuries, players turning the ball over, Luck retiring, etc. I thought both Ballard and Reich handled the season well and despite all the obstacles, they were able to keep this team competitive in every game they played.   The future is still bright in Indy. A ton of young guys got a lot of experience in 2019 and the Colts are in salary cap heaven and have three picks in the first two rounds of the 2020 Draft.    
    • Yes, we released the TE we brought up from the PS a couple weeks ago. Guy never saw a snap
    • A ton of rookies are getting a ton of playing time in 2019 and most of them have impressed the heck out of me. Ya-Sin, Khari, Okereke, Banogu, have all shown me something. Parris Campbell had a rough season with all the injuries, but I'm confident whenever he manages to stay on the field, he will make plays and prove to be another solid pick by CB.
    • Since Vinny's knee is basically shot for the 2019 season this is a great chance for Chris Ballard to get a good look at McLaughling as possibly the Colts starting kicker beyond 2019. Either way, the Colts will move on from Vinatieri no matter what he decides to go beyond 2019. Place him on IR and see what you have from McLaughing. Worst case scenario you sign or draft another Kicker to be your guy.
  • Members