Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. N.Y. Giants Preseason Game Night Thread

I didn't realize or forgot you were from the Tri-State

Not from Anderson like it better down there. I broke down spent the $20 missed the first drive but I am hooked up with the preseason package not waiting on the replay.

Andrew has time to throw too.

I agree, the protection has been good so far.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Remember Patterson and possibly Elderkamp return 
    • And the depth of the entire line... It concerns me more than any position group. 
    • The only area that worries me is on the right side of the OL but that is just the Old Lineman And Pessimist in me 
    • I don’t think we should fault CB for the QB situation just yet. Luck retired unexpectedly at a ridiculously young age for a QB.    Being patient with JB is not a failure of his albeit how frustrating it has been for the fan base. QBs are not weeds growing in your yard that shoot up overnight. They are Japanese Maples. They take time, patience, and support to grow. Using Mahomes as an example is not the right way of thinking - he is the exception, not the normal.    Solving the franchise QB problem is obviously not a trivial exercise - considering most franchises in the NFL do not have one. Throwing QBs at the problem hoping one becomes Mahomes is what the Jaguars and Browns have done for a decade and look how well that has worked out.    None of the greatest GMs of our generation have a 100% hit rate. Occasionally you get a Basham. But getting a Leonard where the majority of the NFL and media were mocking him for taking a small school guy that high - and looking at him now - I will take that GM every day of the week. 
    • last years class wasn’t as good as this years. Not even close. So I’m not sure it’s crazy to think we can land one, maybe even two immediate impact guys. If our receiving class is as bad as everyone thinks it is, improving with the draft shouldn’t be a problem at all. Having a competent qb that can throw a receiver open and gets the ball out faster than 27 other starting quarterbacks should help with the receivers we have on roster. Adding talent in the draft is going to be icing. I count 8 first round graded receivers. And all 8 won’t go top 50, so we can realistically add two of them.    “ It’s the depth. … We have 30 to 35 receivers with [at least] second- or third-round grades” Mel Kiper   last year’s class had two drafted in the first round, and they weren’t as good as the top 6 in this draft, IMO. 
  • Members

• twfish

twfish 1,983

• runthepost

runthepost 984

• Archer

Archer 1,245

• DoubleE Colt

DoubleE Colt 54

• dw49

dw49 3,129

• ponyboy