Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 08/09 "Sobering Saturday"

sb41champs

:blueshoe:   Well the dreaded "injury bug" seems to fast becoming an infestation on our team againg this season.  With RB Vick Ballard and RG Donald Thomas already on season-ending injured reserve - and - OLB Daniel Adongo - among others headed that direction its hard not to become discouraged.

:blueshoe:   Will the "injury bug" keep our Colts from taking another step forward this season ??

:blueshoe:   Well the dreaded "injury bug" seems to fast becoming an infestation on our team againg this season.  With RB Vick Ballard and RG Donald Thomas already on season-ending injured reserve - and - OLB Daniel Adongo - among others headed that direction its hard not to become discouraged.

:blueshoe:   Will the "injury bug" keep our Colts from taking another step forward this season ??

It is an unfortunate part of the game, and we are not the only team with such problems. Next man up. We will be fine.

It depends on how you define "a step forward".  I don't see how after these injuries you cannot temper expectations early and realize its necessary to redefine what a "successful season" will be.  I highly doubt a strong run in the playoffs is possible with these injuries but I still have hope that this team can get there.  Before these injuries I thought the AFC championship could be a real possibility now I realize that this is unrealistic.

It depends on how you define "a step forward". I don't see how after these injuries you cannot temper expectations early and realize its necessary to redefine what a "successful season" will be. I highly doubt a strong run in the playoffs is possible with these injuries but I still have hope that this team can get there. Before these injuries I thought the AFC championship could be a real possibility now I realize that this is unrealistic.

They were a quarter away from the AFC championship last year. You guys need to knock off the Chicken Little nonsense

They were a quarter away from the AFC championship last year. You guys need to knock off the Chicken Little nonsense

I guess we will see how much nonsense it is in a few months.  For the record, I hope that I am wrong and that you are right and that the Colts can still have a great season and postseason. 

I guess we will see how much nonsense it is in a few months. For the record, I hope that I am wrong and that you are right and that the Colts can still have a great season and postseason.

Think about all of the injuries last season. Yet they still managed to win 12 games

Think about all of the injuries last season. Yet they still managed to win 12 games

That's true, I just don't see it happening this season.  I don't see how this team even gets close to teams like Denver or New England.  The good thing is we won't have to wait very long to see just how good or bad this team is. September 7th in Denver will tell us a great deal about what we can expect for the season.