Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone Else Feel Bad For Tebow

WSO

Yeah he is no Manning or Brady but I feel bad for the guy. He has so many critics, people telling him he can't be an NFL QB, or proclaiming the QB situation in Denver as a "joke". They may be right but the way Tebow has handled himself through all this is amazing. He just gets up everyday, puts in 110% and goes out there to win and he's doing it. I just think the way he handles himself has won my respect.

I can't imagine myself being in his position and keeping my cool.

Simple, the more he wins, the less the noise around him. No style points in the NFL. It is all up to him on the field, the off the field stuff will take care of itself once he wins.

It is funny however that Cam Newton, who was criticized a lot before, now is off the hook though he is losing.

Simple, the more he wins, the less the noise around him. No style points in the NFL. It is all up to him on the field, the off the field stuff will take care of itself once he wins.

It is funny however that Cam Newton, who was criticized a lot before, now is off the hook though he is losing.

I was just thinking of Cam Newton after I read this.

Every QB goes through this kind of stuff. Manning can't win the big one. Brady is too skinny/small. Tebow's throwing motion is bad. Newton can't read NFL defenses. Almost every QB in the league has had their critics. Once you win, the critics say less.

I was just thinking of Cam Newton after I read this.

Every QB goes through this kind of stuff. Manning can't win the big one. Brady is too skinny/small. Tebow's throwing motion is bad. Newton can't read NFL defenses. Almost every QB in the league has had their critics. Once you win, the critics say less.

Unless it's Manning, then they keep talking. "Ohhh he cant win the big one! Ohhh he chokes! Ohhh he has a funny accent!"

Unless it's Manning, then they keep talking. "Ohhh he cant win the big one! Ohhh he chokes! Ohhh he has a funny accent!"

Manning can't escape the critics. At first, it was always "he can't win the big one". Then he won the Super Bowl. Then they came back with "he won't make it there again", then we made it to another one. Then they came back with "he can't win another one". It'll never be enough. Let's say he wins another one, the critics will say "well, Brady and Montana have more". It'll never end...haters gon' hate

Who cares what the critics say?

If I'm getting paid $9 million over 5 years all of the talking heads on television can say whatever they want.

QFT. I do not fill bad at all for Tebow. The guy is getting paid millions to play a game.

Honestly, I understand why the hate has gone so far for him and that is because the love for the guy has gone to far either. People who adore him use his personal actions and try to translate that to the field and it blinds them to how awful he really is.

I do not like the guy because he is horrible watch out there.

Tebow is such a polarizing figure. He stands where he stands, and he's not afraid to say what he feels. People are either going to love him because they agree, or hate him because they don't. It doens't seem to make any difference to him, though, which is good. He is going to have to be thick skinned if he wants to make it in the NFL. I used to hate Tim Tebow with a passion when he was playing for Florida and whipping up on my UK Wildcats all the time, but I am really rooting for him to be successful as a pro. I agree with what he stands for, and I think that we need more guys like him in professional sports. He is a great role model, and a genuine person. Go Tebow! (unless you're playing Indy, of course...)

Go Tebow! (unless you're playing Indy, of course...)

Yep, he wins ugly but he wins. I am just shaking my head as to why the Broncos went empty backfield against a blitzing team and Tebow puts them on his back and why they could not do the same for the entire game. I am guessing that would force Tebow to take too many hits against most teams that would blitz an empty backfield. Wow, that is all I have to say!!!

Heck of a job by the Broncos coaches, that is the one that gets lost in all this Tebow hoopla, IMO.

Unbelievable... The New York Jets... Once touted as the #1 ranked defense in the league... Loses to the pathetic Denver Broncos with Tim Tebow at the helm and and the team's first-year (though experienced) head coach. Why do I keep doing this to myself in my Yahoo Pick'ems. First I picked the Chargers for big points to beat Oakland, and now this. Unbelievable. Tebow, I love you man, but you had NO business winning this game, because Mark Sanchez just gift-wrapped you this win.

but you had NO business winning this game, because Mark Sanchez just gift-wrapped you this win.

The flip side of it is Tebow did not lose it for them and drove them 95 yards empty backfield when it mattered most. Like I said, ugly but effective. Not sure how long it will last and how it will work if he has to come back from 20 points down but if they are within 7-10 points, their running game and suddenly improved D with Tebow at the end gives them a chance.

4-1 with worst skills at QB position in all of football.

Curtis Painter, are you learning anything about having a will to win games? Are you? Or are you blankly staring at nothing and acting confused as usual?

Our coaches should also be learning from the Broncos coaches, not asking Painter to throw 40 plus times and being patient with the run, IMO. They try to hammer the square peg into the round hole by trying to get Painter run the offense like Peyton, not going to happen with Painter or with Orlovsky.

Tebow is such a polarizing figure. He stands where he stands, and he's not afraid to say what he feels. People are either going to love him because they agree, or hate him because they don't. It doens't seem to make any difference to him, though, which is good. He is going to have to be thick skinned if he wants to make it in the NFL. I used to hate Tim Tebow with a passion when he was playing for Florida and whipping up on my UK Wildcats all the time, but I am really rooting for him to be successful as a pro. I agree with what he stands for, and I think that we need more guys like him in professional sports. He is a great role model, and a genuine person. Go Tebow! (unless you're playing Indy, of course...)

Count me as a hater...

I dont like public displays of religon.. the pointing to the sky...kneeling a praying...

As if God wanted you to win. I didnt like it when Sammy Sosa did it and I dont like it when Al bert Pujols xdoes it.

'

It suggests that God wanted YOU go win and not the other guy.

....and he should tell his fans (they will do what he sayd) that the 'Jesus' jerseys with his number on them are just wrong.

Sacriligous

He's started 10 NFL games and the won-loss record is 6-4.... he's an OK prospect..

But if he was a black Muslim...imagine how different the reaction of fans. players and media would be.

The flip side of it is Tebow did not lose it for them and drove them 95 yards empty backfield when it mattered most. Like I said, ugly but effective. Not sure how long it will last and how it will work if he has to come back from 20 points down but if they are within 7-10 points, their running game and suddenly improved D with Tebow at the end gives them a chance.

Not really..Chad...Mark S. gave Denver 7 or they'd have never been close

Our coaches should also be learning from the Broncos coaches, not asking Painter to throw 40 plus times and being patient with the run, IMO. They try to hammer the square peg into the round hole by trying to get Painter run the offense like Peyton, not going to happen with Painter or with Orlovsky.

Absoluetly right..

Denver has drastically changed their offense to fit the guy..a guy with less kills than painter..

But to be fair...Indy cold Not change their offense enough to have Painter run it becaues the offense was suitedfor one guy..with great skills and instant recognition

When he was at Florida I always thought he was a bit over the top with regards to his faith, but after hearing him get hammered the last couple of months, then watching last night while Fake errr Faulk and crew talked crap right to his face and he kept his cool and was totally professional ... I think I really like the guy, He really seems genuine and in a day and age when true role models are tough to come by - I think he is the real deal!

I'm going to cheer for him to do well - I hope he leads the Broncos to a SB win here in Indy!

Count me as a hater... I dont like public displays of religon.. the pointing to the sky...kneeling a praying... As if God wanted you to win. I didnt like it when Sammy Sosa did it and I dont like it when Al bert Pujols xdoes it. ' It suggests that God wanted YOU go win and not the other guy. ....and he should tell his fans (they will do what he sayd) that the 'Jesus' jerseys with his number on them are just wrong. Sacriligous He's started 10 NFL games and the won-loss record is 6-4.... he's an OK prospect.. But if he was a black Muslim...imagine how different the reaction of fans. players and media would be.

rotfl.....Dontcha just hate those pesky constitutional protections?!

You could always move to North Korea, you probably won't see any public displays of religion there. :burnout:

Count me as a hater...

I dont like public displays of religon.. the pointing to the sky...kneeling a praying...

As if God wanted you to win. I didnt like it when Sammy Sosa did it and I dont like it when Al bert Pujols xdoes it.

'

It suggests that God wanted YOU go win and not the other guy.

....and he should tell his fans (they will do what he sayd) that the 'Jesus' jerseys with his number on them are just wrong.

Sacriligous

He's started 10 NFL games and the won-loss record is 6-4.... he's an OK prospect..

But if he was a black Muslim...imagine how different the reaction of fans. players and media would be.

I don't think that he does those things because he think God wants him to succeed in football. He just does it to show everyone that he gives thanks to the Lord for allowing him to be successful. I do agree with you on the Jesus jerseys, however. I think that is taking things a little too far, but Tebow isn't responsible for that. That one is on the fans who have chosen to buy such a jersey.

Not really..Chad...Mark S. gave Denver 7 or they'd have never been close

Denver still had to make those plays. How many times have we seen Colts DBs have INTs in their hands that have not been caught, let alone taken to the house? At least a handful I can remember the last couple of years. Football is the ultimate team sport and you win and lose as a team. If the Broncos had lost all those games in Tebow's 4-1 start, it would be Tebow's fault but then, when they win those games, it is either credit to the team or someone else handed it to the Broncos. It has to go both ways, IMO.

I don't think that he does those things because he think God wants him to succeed in football. He just does it to show everyone that he gives thanks to the Lord for allowing him to be successful. I do agree with you on the Jesus jerseys, however. I think that is taking things a little too far, but Tebow isn't responsible for that. That one is on the fans who have chosen to buy such a jersey.

Ask yourself....I'll take your word for it..

If he was a black Muslim..would any of this be occuring?

I guess I have my rights to dislike him...right??

You tell me.?i

Yes you do. It's always about choice.....in all contexts.

It's called freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. This is exactly the same principle as flag burning. If you don't agree with that constitutionally guaranteed practice the best response is to salute your own flag. If you love America you embrace these freedoms. The door to leave this country is also open if someone is strongly enough opposed.

Regarding Tebow and how/Who he gives credit to......that's a personal matter and men aren't judges of the heart. I'm sure the Creator on high doesn't give a lick about football, win or lose, beyond its reflection of one's faith..... in whatever way that's expressed. Kurt Warner was another high profile guy & there are many others.

Is there reason "to feel bad for Tebow". Heck no. He's winning games and ahead of John Elway after the same number of starts in Denver. I'm sure he's accustomed to hearing negatives with regard to everything else. That's the way it is. No biggie. I'm sure he doesn't take any of it personally.

Yes you do. It's always about choice.....in all contexts.

It's called freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. This is exactly the same principle as flag burning. If you don't agree with that constitutionally guaranteed practice the best response is to salute your own flag. If you love America you embrace these freedoms. The door to leave this country is also open if someone is strongly enough opposed.

Regarding Tebow and how/Who he gives credit to......that's a personal matter and men aren't judges of the heart. I'm sure the Creator on high doesn't give a lick about football, win or lose, beyond its reflection of one's faith..... in whatever way that's expressed. Kurt Warner was another high profile guy & there are many others.

Is there reason "to feel bad for Tebow". Heck no. He's winning games and ahead of John Elway after the same number of starts in Denver. I'm sure he's accustomed to hearing negatives with regard to everything else. That's the way it is. No biggie. I'm sure he doesn't take any of it personally.

That's wrong STAMP..

It is freedom from religon if you wish..But that's not the issue..I'm not an atheist

To me, he puts a cheap spin on Christianity....I dont trust him...and his words are hard to believe...

He markets himself as this God-fearing good old boy ..the t-shirts...the 'tebow stance'

they seem fake to me.. Hes a false prophet..in my eyes..and folks refer to him as God...evenplayfully...Its not right..

I dont blame anyone marketing what they are or appear to be for money and fame..

..and I hope he gets millions of dollars and builds churches for the poor,

but I'm as suspiscious of him as I would be of any politician

I also agree that God doesnt care about football and I really shun any connection between religon and sports..

Athletes shouldnt thank God for victories...and he does that all the time

as far as football.I've always liked Elway and the Broncos..so I hope he plays well and they well..

..but Tim Tebow is a phony to me...

I don't feel bad for Tebow, I think he conducts himself quite well. That last drive for the Broncos against the Jets was huge. There's one thing you can say about him, at least his side has won some games this year. How would the Colts fair if they had a Tebow this year?

a lot better than a Painter<Tebow

Nobody's ever judged anybody's character on this message board??

Tebow is 6-4...its not about his football playing ability..

why anybody cares about his faith is the puzzling thing to me.To each his own.I guess it makes people feel better to see someone fall,Tebow isn't playing his part so the haters are pi##ed.

why anybody cares about his faith is the puzzling thing to me.To each his own.I guess it makes people feel better to see someone fall,Tebow isn't playing his part so the haters are pi##ed.

hagga...Its not his success or failure that botehrs me..

Its because he Thanks God for his victories..which is wrong....

..he encourages the Tebow stance the selling of jerseys with jesus on the back and his number...

...many who truly believe would have a little problem with that...dont you?

Not saying he does not have the right....But I am saying he's not respecting the Lord the way i would like him too...

That's why i dont feel sorry for him (as the post asks) and I wish he'd seperate his beliefs from something as meaning less (in the overall scheme of things) as football..