Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Painter Or Tebow

CoachLite

Teboo is an awful QB. He can't pass, but he can run. Painter can't pass and he can't run.

Exactly, it is like being asked if you would like shot in the head or thru the heart, neither is a good option! Tebow is terribly inaccurate and I actually think given as much time as Tebow had many of times, I think Painter would do way better than Timmy behind his oline with throws. Wow that was tuff to watch. The defense won that game although Timmy had one really nice last drive. He could have taken more time off the clock, he has no awareness of how to milk the clock either. OVERRATED!!!

Exactly, it is like being asked if you would like shot in the head or thru the heart, neither is a good option! Tebow is terribly inaccurate and I actually think given as much time as Tebow had many of times, I think Painter would do way better than Timmy behind his oline with throws. Wow that was tuff to watch. The defense won that game although Timmy had one really nice last drive. He could have taken more time off the clock, he has no awareness of how to milk the clock either. OVERRATED!!!

Scoreboard.

He could have taken more time off the clock, he has no awareness of how to milk the clock either. OVERRATED!!!

Pretty much everybody is falling over each other saying how terrible he is, how he has no right to be an NFL QB - who exactly is OVERRATING him?

What Tebow did last night was amazing

started on his own 5, broke tackes, ran for first downs, completed 2 huge passes and ran it in for the game winning TD.

Painter couldn't do that. When it comes down to winning, Tebow is doing it.

Tebow is 3-1 as a starting qb in the league this year. Gonna be funny when they run all over the Jets tonight.

It was hysterical watching Rex Ryan's reaction when his defense couldn't stop Tebow Time...I would take Tebow any day over Curtis "our sufer dude" QB.

Tebow is probably the best option QB in the league. But still one of the worst passers I've ever seen. I'd probably take him over Painter because our guys don't seem to be getting open anyway. Maybe we could at least get some fluke points with Tebow running the ball.

I disagree that the donkeys are less talented. Von Miller has a decent chance of breaking Kearses rookie sack record and he's been a beast on run downs as well. They're building a semi-decent defense in Denver. While Tebow was busy being inept the first 3 quarters that Denver defense was keeping the game close (and tied the score the first time with a pick six). Same basic story holds true for the Oakland and Miami games.

this offense was set up for peyton, no one could just come in there and run it like him, on the other hand ,teams will figure out how to stop tebow, after a few hard hits from some safetys he want be so jolly to tuck and run anymore, ask micheal vick this season about being a mobile quarterback! this aint college if the kid wants a long career he better learn to become a better pocket passer

What Tebow did last night was amazing

started on his own 5, broke tackes, ran for first downs, completed 2 huge passes and ran it in for the game winning TD.

Painter couldn't do that. When it comes down to winning, Tebow is doing it.

Exactly.

Any QB in the league could duplicate Painter's efforts (including telegraphed passes, fumbles, low completion percentage, etc.,) but not many could do what Tebow has done.

I remember when Ron Meyer used the wishbone offense with the Colts in 1988. The team had lost 5 of its first 6 games, the wishbone was installed and they won 8 of their final 10 including their longest win streak in more than a decade.

People can agrue "gimmick" if they want, but it doesn't hold water because you have to have talent to make it happen. Tebow is 4-1 with the Broncos this year because he can make it work with his skill set. I'll take a Tebow forumula win or a 1988 Colt formula win any day of the week over the dismal "chance" we or any other team would have with Painter under center.

Exactly.

Any QB in the league could duplicate Painter's efforts (including telegraphed passes, fumbles, low completion percentage, etc.,) but not many could do what Tebow has done.

I remember when Ron Meyer used the wishbone offense with the Colts in 1988. The team had lost 5 of its first 6 games, the wishbone was installed and they won 8 of their final 10 including their longest win streak in more than a decade.

People can agrue "gimmick" if they want, but it doesn't hold water because you have to have talent to make it happen. Tebow is 4-1 with the Broncos this year because he can make it work with his skill set. I'll take a Tebow forumula win or a 1988 Colt formula win any day of the week over the dismal "chance" we or any other team would have with Painter under center.

It was Randall Turner,who was Pat Beach QB at Wazzu.I met him,he was a real nice guy who was ecstatic he got the chance to do something most everybody else only dreams of.I think they scored on Marino and co. with a couple TD's from the wishbone.

First time posting on the new forum. I had to an extra exclamation point to my name from many years ago as someone took my name; nevertheless, to answer this question it does not matter if either Painter or Tebow are playing for the Colts (neither are very good) as the coaching staff would insist they run an offense that is not designed for them. Both would be failures running the Colts offense as Painter is proving and Tebow would prove the same.

Go Colts

I have made the joke that Tebow throws footballs into the ground like Moses does with commandments but the kid is a winner.

He's a terrible thrower but he's a good football player. That's why he gets so much attention. You really can't say that about any other player.

Sooner or later I think he will have to become a RB.

Exactly.

If the Broncos play a team with a good offense they will get blown out. Doing nothing for 3 quarters and then try to pull off some late game heroics is not sustainable long term.

I'm not a Tebow hater or lover. I'm simply pointing out the obvious which is that if Tebow doesn't learn how to pass the ball, he is not going to last in this league as a quarterback.

If the Broncos play a team with a good offense they will get blown out. Doing nothing for 3 quarters and then try to pull off some late game heroics is not sustainable long term.

I'm not a Tebow hater or lover. I'm simply pointing out the obvious which is that if Tebow doesn't learn how to pass the ball, he is not going to last in this league as a quarterback.

Sure Tebow's gonna have to come along on the growth curve. That's a given. But right now he's getting wins with what he's got. Same as the '88 Colts when the wishbone couldn't last forever.....the Broncos empty backfield approach won't last forever. It's fun to watch though because the guy is a gamer, and that's beyond question. Exactly like the '88 Colts who couldn't find a win then put in the so-called "gimmick" offense - problem was not many teams could handle it and they not only won 8 of 10 but some of those games weren't close. With the Tebow formula their 4-1 this year. Stop him if you can. Simple. What I wouldn't give to put anything other than failure on the field week in & week out under the Colts name. After the same number of games, Tebow's completion percentage is a shade better than John Elway's, has rushed for more yards and TDs, and has won more games. Not a bad start. We'll see how things go for the guy.