Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andy Reid.....

Dustin

Reid is fine. He needs a D coordinator, though. I don't think he's the big issue in Philly.

He's actually the biggest issue. In 13 years, we've had several QBs, several OCs, several DCs, and several GMs, (which are basically in name only as Reid is the true GM). The one constant is Reid, and the same issues plague this team. Reid deserves a lot of credit for taking a 3-13 team and turning it into a perennial contender, but his weakness are what keeps him from getting that ultimate success. It is now to the point, where he is regressing as a head coach. Maybe a change of scenery would do him good, but as head coach here, he has run his course.

Unless some type of miracle happens in Philly, then Andy Reid is out of there. It is almost assured that Caldwell will be gone if we go 0-16 or even 1-15. So what do you think of the idea of Andy Reid being hired as the coach of the Colts? He has a terrific track record of developing Quarterbacks and if we drafted Luck he would fall into an ideal situation. Any thoughts?

This team NEEDS a D minded coach! PERIOD. And Andy is not the one.

Is that because Dungy had success here? This doesnt mean that other D minded coaches will do well here.

You are a genius .... What won Indy it's ONLY SB? Was it Peyton Manning and all his interceptions in the 06 post season or was it the Colt D? Tony and the Colts fired and 'missed" on several DT's, Sanders could not stay healthy either. Factor in you pay Dwight and Peyton 30+ % of your salary cap and you get a depth deficient team.

Start missing on high draft picks and you get the 0 - fer Indy Colts.

Oh and notice how I have not even factored in "coaching" yet..........

You are a genius .... What won Indy it's ONLY SB? Was it Peyton Manning and all his interceptions in the 06 post season or was it the Colt D? Tony and the Colts fired and 'missed" on several DT's, Sanders could not stay healthy either. Factor in you pay Dwight and Peyton 30+ % of your salary cap and you get a depth deficient team.

Start missing on high draft picks and you get the 0 - fer Indy Colts.

Oh and notice how I have not even factored in "coaching" yet..........

Im sorry but your football IQ is 0

I wouldn't mind seeing what Jim Tressel could do. Obviously, it can't be worse than Caldwell. But, the Real problem with the Colts is poor Defensive play and pathetic Special Teams (KR/PR) Blocking. Someone else made the reference of Freeney/Manning getting 30+ % of the salary cap, which I would have to agree with. That limits the amount of better players for the Defense. The ST Blocking, I believe, is 95% Coaching failure. I honestly think we should go after Dave Toub of the Bears.

[ Dave Toub enters his seventh season as Chicago's special teams coordinator after his unit finished sixth in the NFL (according to the Dallas Morning News ranking system), ranking in the top third of the league for the sixth straight season after finishing No. 1 overall in 2006 and 2007.]