Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Peyton's Not Healthy, Go After Mcnabb

manning2dallas

Yep that's right I said it. Look we all love Peyton but know that he may not be healthy next year....so what better way to stay competitive than to sign an experienced vet? This way we can compete without having to go through the growing pains of a rookie QB. It would also allow us to use the number one on another position of need.

McNabb has shown he is still got it with WAS and Minny so why not give him a chance here with way more weapons in Clark, Wayne, Garcon, Collie, etc.

I agree I think Minnesota and Washington both succumbed to some of the worse offensive game plans that I have ever seen. I see Ponder, a QB with some talent, being forced to hand the ball of to his WR who starts in the backfield? Lets be real here in Wash Shanahan never wanted to give McNabb a shot. If anything else he could be a backup for whatever QB we decide to go forward with (preferably not Luck).

Hungarian Colts fan has obviously never seen Matt Flynn play. I believe he put up 28 on the Pats last year on the road. Also lets keep in mind he is playing behind the 2nd best QB in the NFl in Rodgers. We all know Peyton would be better if he was healthy.

You are right, I've never seen him. Besides 27 points he made an unlucky INT, that have been returned to TD. He had great games, but is he ready to make a whole season?

Besides, is he available? I mean he would like a starter position better.

Yep that's right I said it. Look we all love Peyton but know that he may not be healthy next year....so what better way to stay competitive than to sign an experienced vet? This way we can compete without having to go through the growing pains of a rookie QB. It would also allow us to use the number one on another position of need.

McNabb has shown he is still got it with WAS and Minny so why not give him a chance here with way more weapons in Clark, Wayne, Garcon, Collie, etc.

Question for you - how many teams does McNabb have to get cut, traded, or demoted from before the realization sets in that he is done? When he was at the top of his game, he was still throwing ducks at his receiver's feet on short dump off passes. Now? He is done.

Question for you - how many teams does McNabb have to get cut, traded, or demoted from before the realization sets in that he is done? When he was at the top of his game, he was still throwing ducks at his receiver's feet on short dump off passes. Now? He is done.

I thought that one would tickle you. One of the worst suggestions on this board for a long time. If Manning is done, we draft a first rounder and take our chances. Maybe bringing in a half decent vet as back-up (although where we get one of those, I've no idea....)

Hungarian Colts fan has obviously never seen Matt Flynn play. I believe he put up 28 on the Pats last year on the road. Also lets keep in mind he is playing behind the 2nd best QB in the NFl in Rodgers. We all know Peyton would be better if he was healthy.

Yes and almost pulled it out on a last minute drive for a win

Yeah, I'll go after him with a 12 guage to run him out of town.....Just kidding about the 12 guage....

You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!! I can not believe some of the responses to this topic..... McNabb??????? So we're going to go from Peyton Manning to a washed up McNabb???? I'm sorry, but whoever thinks that is a good idea is beyond crazy!!!!!! Those who said to get him as a back up, you're ok, but how can a fan with ANY football IQ (even the lowest!!!!) say we should not draft Andrew Luck????? McNabb over Luck??? My mouth literally dropped when I saw this. Luck is the best qb coming out of college since Peyton. I am a realist so I FULLY understand that Luck might come to the NFL and struggle and never live up to the hype, BUT why would someone honestly not take that chance and get McNabb instead????????? Let's be real guys, if Peyton's not able to go, the Colts are going to lose 10-12 games even with Luck and that means we get another high draft pick. Use your heads!!! As sad as it is, without Peyton, this team pretty much has to start thinking about rebuilding. Specifically an O-line and secondary. McNabb over ANDREW LUCK??????????????????? Jeez, just when I thought I've heard it all!!!!!

Holy crap... I mean... HOLY CRAP! I'm at a loss for words.

I agree Matt Flynn is an excellent QB, when he has to come into games he looks very good. He looked good against the Pats (nearly beat them last year) and even in the pre season.(yes im aware its the pre season but still)

I would have to pass on Mcnabb. Even if we installed the WCO I would prefer to pursue Matt Flynn over Mcnabb. The WCO is an offense that if run properly can get the most of a QB. It's made many a quarterback look better than they would in other systems.

Mcnabb is basically the same age as Peyton, has relied on his athletic ability more than Peyton has for obvious reasons and I don't believe that he would just out of the blue turn back into what he was earlier in his career. The WCO maximized his abilities and I don't think he is currently what he used to be physically.

I would love to install the WCO with Manning, or signing Flynn, after hiring a coach that has a history in the WCO. Gruden would be the big name. Mariucci, or Morningweigh would be smaller names, but, I think either one of those 3 guys paired with Manning and the WCO would be deadly over the next 3-4 years, and I feel we would have a much better shot with Flynn, the WCO, and additional picks by trading the #1, than we would with Luck attempting to replace Manning in the same system/structure.

I hope this is a joke, everyone who said McNabb is done is correct. Without Manning this team has no shot at contention. This team goes into rebuilding mode and Andrew Luck will be starting next year. Their should be a new coach and maybe a new GM if Pollian keeps shooting himself in the foot. The team will get some good draft picks and will be a contender in 2-3 years if things go right.

Have you watched McNabb play lately? There is a reason he got benched. You want to pass up a possible next Peyton Manning for a guy that got benched for a rookie? I don't think so.

BAH - his last game the one they pulled him in - his stats were pretty darned good, but the team was getting hammered so they pulled him.

I dont want him, just saying it wasnt because he was sucking it up.

edit - went and checked - he was 19 / 24 for just under 80% completion ratio in that game. QB ratings was just under 100.... They were getting beat bad by the Bears 39-10 so they put in Ponder. Obviously he was not the reason to their losing, because they have kept on losing with Ponder too.

And FWIW - if Peyton played this season - we would be lucky to be .500 - this team has a lot of issues!

I've seen him play since he was at LSU.. If Peyton is healthy of course go with #18 but if not & we are suggesting other QB's like McNabb :nono: Ill rather give :packers: a 3rd round pick for him. He's a starting QB sitting behind a starter & I think if the NFL would of had a normal offseason, he probably would of got traded to a team to be the starter. AGAIN tho, if Peyton is healthy go with him HANDS DOWN!!!

You are right, I've never seen him. Besides 27 points he made an unlucky INT, that have been returned to TD. He had great games, but is he ready to make a whole season?

Besides, is he available? I mean he would like a starter position better.

Every QB throws int's, Peyton threw a pick 6 in the Super Bowl. Thats going to happen but when Rodgers got hurt last year, he came right in and there Offense didnt miss a beat! He's been a starter in College and has started a couple of times in the NFL, so I dont see why he wouldnt be able to play a whole season. He just needs that chance. With him on our team now, we would aleast have 4-5 wins.

You realize, I hope that, McNab is only about 6 months younger than Manning, has been sliding badly for years, and even at his best was never even one of the top ten QBs in the league, much less "the greatest of all time"? Famous for shrinking in the clutch, and for being a nice guy but not a leader, Philly fans were utterly delighted to see him go.

He isn't "the future" for any team. I'd rather have Peyton throwing left handed, or any of the highly regarded college kids coming out, or Painter for that matter. Just a wacky suggestion.

You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!! I can not believe some of the responses to this topic..... McNabb??????? So we're going to go from Peyton Manning to a washed up McNabb???? I'm sorry, but whoever thinks that is a good idea is beyond crazy!!!!!! Those who said to get him as a back up, you're ok, but how can a fan with ANY football IQ (even the lowest!!!!) say we should not draft Andrew Luck????? McNabb over Luck??? My mouth literally dropped when I saw this. Luck is the best qb coming out of college since Peyton. I am a realist so I FULLY understand that Luck might come to the NFL and struggle and never live up to the hype, BUT why would someone honestly not take that chance and get McNabb instead????????? Let's be real guys, if Peyton's not able to go, the Colts are going to lose 10-12 games even with Luck and that means we get another high draft pick. Use your heads!!! As sad as it is, without Peyton, this team pretty much has to start thinking about rebuilding. Specifically an O-line and secondary. McNabb over ANDREW LUCK??????????????????? Jeez, just when I thought I've heard it all!!!!!

We're not gonna get anywhere if you keep holding back. rotfl

Relax, Steve..... I think the Kerry Collins fiasco has put to rest any idea of bringing in any more retread QBs, Donovan McNabb included.

Here is my rundown. If Manning is not back next season he will most likely retire. If by some miracle we fail do get Andrew Luck then I wouldn't mind having McRib.

I think that McRib is an improvement over Painter, Collins or any of our other junior high quarterbacks. But what makes you think McRib will come here?

I hear people wnating Andy Reid in Indy, well maybe that's a good enough reason for McRib to play here.