Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does it bother anyone else when Indy and Baltimore Colts records are combined?

Hoosierdome93

It was a tough break for Baltimore , but I think the move worked out well for everyone.

Brian's piece points to other cities that were trying to lure the Colts as well. But I think it is a safe thing to say that the true fans of the Colts who are from the Eastern Shore couldn't have chosen a finer city to lose the franchise to. Indianapolis has been a great addition to the NFL community. They've honored the team as much as any Baltimore citizen ever did. I have never sensed any sort of animosity towards the angrier Baltimore fans or even offense taken at their personal attacks. They've done very well by the team and it's history.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian's piece points to other cities that were trying to lure the Colts as well. But I think it is a safe thing to say that the true fans of the Colts who are from the Eastern Shore couldn't have chosen a finer city to lose the franchise to. Indianapolis has been a great addition to the NFL community. They've honored the team as much as any Baltimore citizen ever did. I have never sensed any sort of animosity towards the angrier Baltimore fans or even offense taken at their personal attacks. They've done very well by the team and it's history.

As I've always said, I like Indy and it's fans. I think the move itself was good for Baltimore, Indy, the Irsay's, and fans on both sides in the long run.

Probably the younger Indy fan was a lot like Orioles fans that don't care about St . Louis Browns records in Baltimore. People that appreciate the Baltimore Colt records are probably older people that remember Unitas, or Baltimore or Indy fans that enjoy NFL history.

I get sentimental about some things, too, so I understand what you mean.

But you have to face the reality that the Baltimore Colts don't exist anymore. They live in Indianapolis now. I used to live in Nashville; Richmond, Virginia; Atlanta, Georgia (still haven't updated my profile); San Antonio, Texas; and Kuwait. I don't live there anymore. Although I look back and think, "those years were great," they are in my memory...a metaphorical museum in my mind.

They do exist in a historical perspective. I have faced reality and am more than happy with the current Ravens chapter , as you guys are with the Colts. With Luck, you guys could be adding another excellent chapter.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, August 4, 2014 - complaining about moderation
Hidden by Superman, August 4, 2014 - complaining about moderation

You know, I had a strange run in with her the other day. She shut down a thread I had created. Something having to do with her superstitions. idk but it was odd.

I have never seen any of your posts here until today - but I welcome you back as well. :)

Well that makes all three of us. I got a few vacations also. I kind of expect that for me, as a Raven's fan , but you guys are Colt die-hards

The Ravens don't have the Browns or Colts history technically. Indy has the Colts, Cleveland the Browns. Now that being said, excuse us for wanting to be a part of the history of the Baltimore Colts for thirty years. Like you guys, we attended games, and put a lot of emotions into each Sunday.

You know , some people ask me, Old Crow, why are you here ? Well , besides it being an interesting forum , I'm kind of like your Natty Boh swilling half- brother from Baltimore. We are somewhat of a family, unlike Patriot fans, albeit a somewhat dysfunctional one. As long as our records have Baltimore - Indianapolis Colts on them , we will have that bond. Doesn't that warm your heart ?

I'm not so sure about the Colts history thing. They did keep the Lombardi, not sure what else they kept.

Alright House, we all know I like the topic just like AM Football is like a moth to a spygate flame up. I guess we all have topics we enjoy more than others. In fairness, I have commented on many topics, many highly complimentary of the Colts, but I guess they get lost in the wash , that's all I'm saying.

Hey thanks for the shout out. ;)  So much misinformation on spygate but really I am a moth to pretty much any Pats topic or QB related topic for that matter because I just love discussing the position. I always enjoy your posts on this Indy/Baltimore thing because I don't have any of the history. You always seem to articulate yourself well even if the constant discussion of it bothers some. I learn something new every time a thread like this is posted.

Before my time didn't even know the Colts came from Balt until late 90's.  Always been in Indiana since I have been alive. The fans from Baltimore obviously view them as different teams and I even read some of the all time Balt greats stated they were BALTIMORE Colts not INDY Colts.

Hey thanks for the shout out. ;) So much misinformation on spygate but really I am a moth to pretty much any Pats topic or QB related topic for that matter because I just love discussing the position. I always enjoy your posts on this Indy/Baltimore thing because I don't have any of the history. You always seem to articulate yourself well even if the constant discussion of it bothers some. I learn something new every time a thread like this is posted.

Less of misinformation and more of lack of information. Waiting for the book to come in on it to learn more.

It's already written. Spygate the untold story. Many things the media conveniently left out.

Once I'm done with it I'll even send it or to you

Do you mean this book, http://www.amazon.com/Spygate-Untold-Story-Bryan-OLeary-ebook/dp/B008PYP83C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407175725&sr=8-1&keywords=spygate+the+untold+story

Someone else posted this on another thread. It has been WIDELY discredited by anyone who has read it. OLeary had to self publish it because he could not get anyone to back his theories and lies. Here is one review that pretty much says all you need to know about it:

I've read quite a few insane books in my day, but this one takes the cake.

The author has zero credibility, and after doing some digging, I couldn't find anyone of merit that even mentioned this book. It feels like a super long Facebook pst you know, the kind that clogs your Facebook feed where you just want to block the person.

Also, look at the fake positive reviews. They are hilarious. A ton of them mention the Pittsburgh Steelers as being "the best franchise in spots". hahah. Because that is relevant when discussing a book about New England. People don't like New England that same reason they don't like Alabama. You get tired of the same team winning.

The book only lacks evidence and credibility. Its reads like my crazy uncle talking about how he refuses to use any kind of cell phone because the CIA is tapping into his conversations.

The book summed up in 1 sentence: A team can't be this good for such along period of time, and although I don't have any evidence/sources/witnesses/testimonies or anything at all for any of my claims, here are a bunch of crazy theories about how they win.

Don't waste your time.

Hey thanks for the shout out. ;) So much misinformation on spygate but really I am a moth to pretty much any Pats topic or QB related topic for that matter because I just love discussing the position. I always enjoy your posts on this Indy/Baltimore thing because I don't have any of the history. You always seem to articulate yourself well even if the constant discussion of it bothers some. I learn something new every time a thread like this is posted.

No problem. Always good to have a Boston connection to topics !

Before my time didn't even know the Colts came from Balt until late 90's. Always been in Indiana since I have been alive. The fans from Baltimore obviously view them as different teams and I even read some of the all time Balt greats stated they were BALTIMORE Colts not INDY Colts.

Some of the older Colts were just very loyal to Baltimore, and some felt they were mistreated by Bob Irsay. I think it is true many in Baltimore view them as different teams , while most in Indy view it as a continuous franchise. Whatever the view, the Baltimore Colts were a cool team like the Brooklyn Dodgers. It was a fun era.

I'm not so sure about the Colts history thing. They did keep the Lombardi, not sure what else they kept.

I've talked about this also in other threads, the Frontierre family has the original Super Bowl 5 trophy that was stolen by Carroll Rosenbloom when he was with the Rams. The replica trophy was awarded to Baltimore as part of the settlement when Bob Irsay left for Indy. It currently sits at the Sports Legends Museum next to Camden Yards in Baltimore. It has a nice Colts collection if you are in town, and are into historical stuff. There is a great Unitas collection there , historic band uniforms, among other things. Babe Ruth museum is close by also, both right next to the stadiums

They do exist in a historical perspective. I have faced reality and am more than happy with the current Ravens chapter , as you guys are with the Colts. With Luck, you guys could be adding another excellent chapter.

If they can address the defense, I think we'll see more successful seasons with Luck.  It was unfortunate that Peyton sat here so many years while the D rotated players and coordinators with few positive results.  Hopefully, Luck will have a career more like (hides under a table) Tom Brady....(I can't believe I typed that).