Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

landry

OLD FAN MAN

He better be down in the box most of the time or else we'll see the famous "Landry fly-by" flashing across our TV screen, then he jumps up and shakes his head like he just did something.

I like Landry. Been a supporter since he signed, but I find the situation irksome. That or else I'm turning grumpy. :)

He better be down in the box most of the time or else we'll see the famous "Landry fly-by" flashing across our TV screen, then he jumps up and shakes his head like he just did something.

I like Landry. Been a supporter since he signed, but I find the situation irksome. That or else I'm turning grumpy. :)

Those are actually fun to watch. I know it has to stop, but at that speed, if Landry can connect...that's a big if though. 

Those are actually fun to watch. I know it has to stop, but at that speed, if Landry can connect...that's a big if though. 

Ya don't need a big hit to jar the ball loose OR to intimidate someone going over the middle though, Personally with the way we play our defense(specifically our Safeties...Cover 1 a lot) I think it would have been a much better to get 2 Cover Safeties....Landry has the range but not the discipline in a cover 1...Neither did Bethea in my opinion either), Jerrell Freeman(yes I know different position) has 7 forced fumbles in 2 years and most if not all of those are because when he wraps the ball carrier up he goes for the ball with an arm or hand, I would have loved to have saw what he could do if we had him at the age of most of these rookies , He deserves more recognition then he gets in my opinion

We have not even played our first preseason game yet. I really don't have much of a problem with 2 for sure starters Landry and Davis sitting not risky injury and letting the coach's get a good long look at plenty of players at  2 positions that could use a diamond in the rough.

Lets see guys like Cox Purifoy McDonald Burley Price and J Adams etc as much as possible before we make first cuts. We know what Landry and Vontae can do. 

Give Brown Adams Howell etc sometime with the first team doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me actually might prove to be smart. It's not like Vontae and Laron are holding out they are being held out for a reason.

We have not even played our first preseason game yet. I really don't have much of a problem with 2 for sure starters Landry and Davis sitting not risky injury and letting the coach's get a good long look at plenty of players at  2 positions that could use a diamond in the rough.

Lets see guys like Cox Purifoy McDonald Burley Price and J Adams etc as much as possible before we make first cuts. We know what Landry and Vontae can do. 

Give Brown Adams Howell etc sometime with the first team doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me actually might prove to be smart. It's not like Vontae and Laron are holding out they are being held out for a reason.

I think we are going to see more from Dewey Mcdonald as the preseason games are played.  Just needs to get more comfortable in the scheme.  I really believe he is going to be a talent.  In the end I'm also interested to see how Lou Purifoy will be used(assuming he makes the team).  Seems they've been using him as a corner, but I think he could also be a play maker in coverage as a safety.  He's got a nose for the football and seems to be a playmaker.

He's got great size for the position and great awareness for making plays.  Just from watching combine tape he seems to have great leaping ability to go up and snag balls over the top. I think he's an okay corner, but that may not be his best skill set at this level.  We'll see I guess....

I think we are going to see more from Dewey Mcdonald as the preseason games are played. Just needs to get more comfortable in the scheme. I really believe he is going to be a talent. In the end I'm also interested to see how Lou Purifoy will be used. Seems they've been using him as a corner, but I think he could also be a play maker in coverage as a safety. He's got a nose for the football and seems to be a playmaker.

I agree with you about Purifoy, to me, he can play a Lamarcus Joyner role of outside CB, slot Corner, returner or even safety.