Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This Actually Happened

BIGugly

During that stretch, can you please list all the starting players on the Colts roster who have been missing due to injury...

Injuries as an excuse are crap when your 0-10. It's the NFL these are pro athletes. You should be able to win games. The packers had 15 people on IR and lost key players in the super bowl and won. So good teams can win with injuries. Pats have steelers have many other teams have so you defending Caldwell by mentioning injuries is a joke Bill. Every argument u have is always the same. Injuries, Caldwell took us to a super bowl, we have made the playoffs 9 straight years blah blah blah. Bill it's time for a change. Caldwell took dungys team to the super bowl. If me or u would of been the hc manning still would of taken them to the super bowl. Caldwell has failed to prepare this team and make adjustments. Quit using injuries as an excuse it's lame. Next man up right bill?

Injuries as an excuse are crap when your 0-10. It's the NFL these are pro athletes. You should be able to win games. The packers had 15 people on IR and lost key players in the super bowl and won. So good teams can win with injuries. Pats have steelers have many other teams have so you defending Caldwell by mentioning injuries is a joke Bill. Every argument u have is always the same. Injuries, Caldwell took us to a super bowl, we have made the playoffs 9 straight years blah blah blah. Bill it's time for a change. Caldwell took dungys team to the super bowl. If me or u would of been the hc manning still would of taken them to the super bowl. Caldwell has failed to prepare this team and make adjustments. Quit using injuries as an excuse it's lame. Next man up right bill?

Teams can only do so much when they have injuries. Do you think the Packers would have won the superbowl last year if say Rogers didn't come back from the Concusion he got and forced him to miss a game? Next man is a nice mantra, but facts are with a salary cap based league, when you lose players the level the colts have it is near impossible to be competitive. You can blame poor man't of the cap, or the cap itself, but teams are limited and when your injuries include your QB you are going to struggle when your backup isn't an NFL quality QB.

Teams can only do so much when they have injuries. Do you think the Packers would have won the superbowl last year if say Rogers didn't come back from the Concusion he got and forced him to miss a game? Next man is a nice mantra, but facts are with a salary cap based league, when you lose players the level the colts have it is near impossible to be competitive. You can blame poor man't of the cap, or the cap itself, but teams are limited and when your injuries include your QB you are going to struggle when your backup isn't an NFL quality QB.

Steelers won games without Ben. Pats won without Brady. Good organizations with good coaches. Why can they win and we can't? Packers played well with Flynn in if I remember correctly. This team isnt horrible just because of injuries. It's poor coaching and front office.

Steelers won games without Ben. Pats won without Brady. Good organizations with good coaches. Why can they win and we can't? Packers played well with Flynn in if I remember correctly. This team isnt horrible just because of injuries. It's poor coaching and front office.

Because they all have talent, according to dn.

Apparently, all of a sudden Jerraud Powers, Antoine Bethea, Pat Angerer, Freeney, Mathis, Johnson/Moala/Nevis, Anderson, Brayton, Reggie, Collie, Clark, Addai, Brown, Garcon etc. all are terrible and not capable of winning a game without Manning. It couldn't POSSIBLY be wretched coaching, right dn?

We have talent, there's only ONE reason we haven't one a game. ONE. And you all know what that reason is, even if you're too stubborn to admit it (dn).

All those team had "actual" NFL quality QB's as their backup, we don't with Painter and may be doubtful with Dan O. That is the difference.

Apparently, all of a sudden Jerraud Powers, Antoine Bethea, Pat Angerer, Freeney, Mathis, Johnson/Moala/Nevis, Anderson, Brayton, Reggie, Collie, Clark, Addai, Brown, Garcon etc. all are terrible and not capable of winning a game without Manning. It couldn't POSSIBLY be wretched coaching, right dn?

We have talent, there's only ONE reason we haven't one a game. ONE. And you all know what that reason is, even if you're too stubborn to admit it (dn).

We have no QB, that is the reason. Sorry to dash your bubble, but you can not win in this league even 1 game when your offense can't move the ball let alone score.

During that stretch, can you please list all the starting players on the Colts roster who have been missing due to injury...

No, but be my guest..

I can list the coaches that are spectators....All but Metzelaars....

Your turn......

Oh, and Tressler or whatever his name is in the flag booth....

We have no QB, that is the reason. Sorry to dash your bubble, but you can not win in this league even 1 game when your offense can't move the ball let alone score.

Please. Painter is put in to impossible situations by the coaching staff with unreasonable expectations. He should be used solely as a game manager and he is not. What does that tell you?

Please. Painter is put in to impossible situations by the coaching staff with unreasonable expectations. He should be used solely as a game manager and he is not. What does that tell you?

He's a horrible QB, he can't look off recievers, he can't see what is happening and adjust. Is the play calling suspect, sure but he still be completing passes to someone other then the other team.

He's a horrible QB, he can't look off recievers, he can't see what is happening and adjust. Is the play calling suspect, sure but he still be completing passes to someone other then the other team.

I disagree. Yes, he DOES stare down his receivers, no argument there but he is FAR from the only quarterback in the league who does it.

Look no further than when he audibles at the line of scrimmage. He's thinking. Painter shouldn't be given the freedom to think, not at this point anyway.

Weren't you one of Curtis' biggest supporters early on? Flip flop much?

Early on we didn't know what we had, we have now seen he isn't NFL material, so lets see what Dan can do with this offense, he may not be it either but what have we got to lose...

Early on we didn't know what we had, we have now seen he isn't NFL material, so lets see what Dan can do with this offense, he may not be it either but what have we got to lose...

He'll just as bad if not worse. You can't put all of the blame on Painter when he's being asked to run Peyton freaking Manning's offense!

He'll just as bad if not worse. You can't put all of the blame on Painter when he's being asked to run Peyton freaking Manning's offense!

We don't know if Dan will be worse, he hasn't been given a real shot yet. And I also think they have toned down the Offense a bit, Painter just can't even complete simple basic throws.

We don't know if Dan will be worse, he hasn't been given a real shot yet. And I also think they have toned down the Offense a bit, Painter just can't even complete simple basic throws.

In the beginning he could. He has no confidence left, none at all and that makes a world of difference. Ask Alex Smith.

No injury excuses. The Gianst lost their top 2 picks this year in Prince Amukamara for 8 weeks I think and Marvin Austin for the year. They lost their starting MLB for the season in Jonathan Goff. They lost a starting CB in Terel Thomas for the season. They didn't have O.C. Umenyorai for the 1st 4 games because of surgery. Lately Hakeem Nicks has been injured along with other WR's. RB Ahmad Bradshaw has been injured. A lot of these injuries happened in the preseason too. I thought they were done and didn't have a chance, turns out they are 6-3 and leading the NFC East.

The Texans! They are 7-3 and are tied for the best record in the AFC! They lost their best defender in Mario Williams for the season in weak 5. The haven't had Andre Johnson for 6 weeks. The starting the year without Arian Foster for a couple of games. SS Daniel Manning will be out for a few games. They haven't lost a lot of players to injury, just some of their best players. They have played very well still. QB Matt Shaub got injured in the last game and hopefully he will be able to come back later in the year.

Last year, the colts had a lot of injuries. You can't blame this year though solely on injuries though. You just have to keep playing hard.

Sure, can you?

Not a chance, I know of the key players we were missing, but all, not a chance. I think the injuries to players like Dallas Clark, Austin Collie and such are key reasons why last year we lost in the first round. The inability to put up at least 20 points was due in my opinion for the fact of now having the ability to spread the ball around like Peyton likes to, the uneven play of Pierre and such. I don't think there is any question that overall when healthy we were a better team then the Jets. I think a matchup with Pitts would have been tough and I am not sure how we would have done against GB had we made it to the SB, but I don't rate the overall success of last season based on us losing to the Jets in the first round.

Dn4192 your "theory" of us being 0-10 because we don't have a qb isnt a very good one. Teams win all the time with less then average qbs example broncos won with tebow completing 2 passes. I bet the texans win atleast 4 more games with Matt. Painter doesn't play on defense. We don't have a whole lot of talent on defense but there is talent on our d. We shouldn't be giving up 60+ points to any team. What exactly do you think is the problem if it's not the coaching staff? Don't say injuries or Peyton manning because this is the national football league. The best players available. They get paid. We r 0-10 and haven't even looked competitive in awhile so what is the reason bill?

Dn4192 your "theory" of us being 0-10 because we don't have a qb isnt a very good one. Teams win all the time with less then average qbs example broncos won with tebow completing 2 passes. I bet the texans win atleast 4 more games with Matt. Painter doesn't play on defense. We don't have a whole lot of talent on defense but there is talent on our d. We shouldn't be giving up 60+ points to any team. What exactly do you think is the problem if it's not the coaching staff? Don't say injuries or Peyton manning because this is the national football league. The best players available. They get paid. We r 0-10 and haven't even looked competitive in awhile so what is the reason bill?

Teabow makes things happens, he runs around and moves the chains, our offense doesn't. Can you name the last offensive touchdown we scored this season. Can you name the last time the offense put together a TD scoring drive of more then say 60 yards? We have no QB, we have no ability to stay on the field more then 3-5 plays which means our D is put in bad positions. In the past two games we can't even get through our first drive of the game without turning over the ball. If our offense was just average we have 2-3 maybe 4 wins this season.

We have playmakers on offense. Painter looked decent at first and now not so good. What has changed?? Some of the play calling has been awful. So if I understand correctly we r 0-10 because of Curtis painter? No one else is to blame?

We have playmakers on offense. Painter looked decent at first and now not so good. What has changed?? Some of the play calling has been awful. So if I understand correctly we r 0-10 because of Curtis painter? No one else is to blame?

I would rank it as

Painter 65% of the blame

Coaching decisions 35% of the blame

No doubt about it, we have the worst coaching in the NFL, BUT...We have little NFL calber talent on the roster. I woiuld take Bethea, Freeney, Mathis, Nevis, Garcon and possibly Reggie Wayne. The rest are average to below average, in NFL talent.

Powers has regressed and get burned a lot. He has has some horrible games this season. Angerer is average, he misses as many tackles as he makes and is terrible in pass coverage and is too easily blocked out of a play. Johnson and Moala are bit players at best. They cannot rush the passer and really aren't run stoppers. They lose gap control and get blocked much too easy. Anderson and Brayton are two has been/never was 1st round busts and they look like it whever they get on the field. Reggie is beginning to slip and he is closer to the end of his career than the peak; Collie is no Wes Welker he is an average slot receiver and Addai is best at blocking; he will never be a shifty, breakaway back that can run inside or outside. Even as "system" players, most of our roster just can't matchup with the rest of the NFL.

How many starters on our team would possibly start for any other NFL team? Our biggest issues are, IMO, front office management, coaching and below average talent across our 53 man roster.

Okay, Coach Caldwell is NOT the problem. The same problem we have now is the same problem we had with Dungy.......WEAK DEFENSE !!!!!!! Wake up !!! You can't see that ? Read Polians history.... 98% of what he has done with ANY team he has dealt with is OFFENSIVE moves. The man seems to lack DEFENSIVE intuitiveness. Who's responsible for stopping the other team from scoring points? DEFENSE !!!! Have we ever had ANY problems putting points on the board 85-90% of the time? ABSOLUTELY NOT !! We have defensive talent on the field but SOMEBODY (the defensive coaching staff) needs to make some MAJOR changes to thier defensive strategies, formations etc.... Cause what they are doing has not worked for years !! Time to wake up....