Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This Actually Happened

BIGugly

This actually happened, I saw it.

Caldwell showed some emotion. After McAffee hit a monster punt, as he came off the field, Caldwell actually, and I'm not kidding or making this up, gave him a slap five, hard....Surely someone else saw it....

I would rather see him high five the defense or the offense...but they never do anything. I would like to high five Caldwell as he is exiting the building for the final time.

Caldwell showed some emotion. After McAffee hit a monster punt, as he came off the field, Caldwell actually, and I'm not kidding or making this up, gave him a slap five, hard....Surely someone else saw it....

What does it matter if your coach shows emotion or not?

What does it matter if your coach shows emotion or not?

People on a subconscious level tend to mimick their leaders. As an airline pilot, I see it all the time with the crews I fly with. If your leader shows some excitement, you will too. If he/she is a bump on a log, well, guess what?

People on a subconscious level tend to mimick their leaders. As an airline pilot, I see it all the time with the crews I fly with. If your leader shows some excitement, you will too. If he/she is a bump on a log, well, guess what?

I never saw tom Landry as an emotional coach and they did pretty well, Tony D wasn't an emotional coach and he has done pretty well...I think "fans" put way to much into how a coach acts and reacts to in game situations...

I never saw tom Landry as an emotional coach and they did pretty well, Tony D wasn't an emotional coach and he has done pretty well...I think "fans" put way to much into how a coach acts and reacts to in game situations...

Did you watch the Landry special. I was a huge Dallas fan growing up and he was not opposed to getting after people.

says you

http://larrybrownspo...for-colts/30634

While I don't hold Collinsworth in high regard, he has no reason to lie here.

Really do you think Peyton is over coaching up the dbacks and LB and Dline? Do you think he is out there working with the Special Team guys when they are working? Or is it Peyton is running the number 1 offense and what it will do and practice?

I don't, I really don't pay much attention to what the coaches are doing on teh sideline...to me it doesn't matter.

You really ought to look around, you might learn something new, interesting, or exciting.

Really do you think Peyton is over coaching up the dbacks and LB and Dline? Do you think he is out there working with the Special Team guys when they are working? Or is it Peyton is running the number 1 offense and what it will do and practice?

Pretty much no one else is either. and it shows.

You really ought to look around, you might learn something new, interesting, or exciting.

Pretty much no one else is either. and it shows.

Well if I was at the game I might, but TV really doesn't focus much on what is happening on the sidelines and until now I have not been able to afford a tix to see them. As for the coaching, since we can't see what is happening at practice outside of mini camp, we really don't know what the coaches are doing, saying or not.

Well if I was at the game I might, but TV really doesn't focus much on what is happening on the sidelines and until now I have not been able to afford a tix to see them. As for the coaching, since we can't see what is happening at practice outside of mini camp, we really don't know what the coaches are doing, saying or not.

Happy to keep you all abreast of what I see on the sidelines that isn't shown on TV. Quite interesting in some cases.

Another observation last week was Reggie. He ordinarily sits up on the back of the bench with his feet on the seat near the gatoraide or whatever it is. Not last week. He sat on the end of the bench, on the seat, alone and apart. Lost in thought? Mad? Hurt? Don't know, but it was a change, and he didn't look one bit happy.

When Manning comes off the field, he goes straight to the area where they have the pictures from the sky booth and looks them over. Painter ordinarily would be there with him. Painter comes off the field now, turns around and becomes a spectator.

Now, I'm not making any judgements on this, I'm just telling you what I see.....Maybe it means something, maybe nothing. It is different, and my gut tells me it isn't a good thing.

Just thought you might find it of interest.

Happy to keep you all abreast of what I see on the sidelines that isn't shown on TV. Quite interesting in some cases.

Another observation last week was Reggie. He ordinarily sits up on the back of the bench with his feet on the seat near the gatoraide or whatever it is. Not last week. He sat on the end of the bench, on the seat, alone and apart. Lost in thought? Mad? Hurt? Don't know, but it was a change, and he didn't look one bit happy.

When Manning comes off the field, he goes straight to the area where they have the pictures from the sky booth and looks them over. Painter ordinarily would be there with him. Painter comes off the field now, turns around and becomes a spectator.

Now, I'm not making any judgements on this, I'm just telling you what I see.....Maybe it means something, maybe nothing. It is different, and my gut tells me it isn't a good thing.

Just thought you might find it of interest.

I think Painter is lost adn I think Peyton is a freak...in a good sense in that he eats, lives and breathes football and perfection which not all football players do. I think Reggie and many of the Colts players are disgusted with the lack of wins, lack of execution, lack of talent and lack of coaching adjustment and is venting.

The second I read this, I pictured a stone face Caldwell holding his hand up and McAfee high fiving him.

No one said he runs practices for defense. Defenses and offenses practice together and separately. Im sure Manning is very involved in the scrimmages as well. Of course he doesn't run defensive drills.

Caldwell doesn't flinch when:

- the surprise onside kick in the SB happens

- last year's playoff game vs the Jets, the game winning FG by Folk

- Taj Smith blocks a punt

- A late hit by Carlos Dunlap in Week 10 of the 2010 season

- and a bunch of other scenarios, but

he moves after a punt?!? He's confusing the heck out of me, and I can't stand looking at his motionless face anymore. FIRE HIM!

This tread reminds me of something that Bill Bellichick said in A Football Life. He was showing some games that his team lost and/or got blown out and how they played with no emotion or energy. He basically said that not team is good enough to play that way with no emotion.

This tread reminds me of something that Bill Bellichick said in A Football Life. He was showing some games that his team lost and/or got blown out and how they played with no emotion or energy. He basically said that not team is good enough to play that way with no emotion.

I agree with that, but do you see that of Bellichick?

It's not how the coach acts on the sidelines, or elsewhere.

It's how he inspires the team to play.

Let me see;

Landry = winner

Caldwell = loser