Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pat Bowlen Resigns As Denver Broncos Owner

LucasOilStadium

lol You certainly don't hold back ever that's for sure. :lol:

Keep in mind....not everyone feels the same way we do about the bourgeois......so it's not always worth getting public over since the reactions are usually like what the replies to you were.

:thanks:

I would not be myself if I didn't say what's really on my mind.

Keep in mind....not everyone feels the same way we do about the bourgeois......so it's not always worth getting public over since the reactions are usually like what the replies to you were.

This is purebred nonsense. 

The reaction to the original post wasn't because it was an unpopular opinion. It was because it was vile and offensive. And it doesn't help that pretty much every post Bogie throws up is angry and aggressive.

It's absolutely laughable that this would be turned into some kind of social expression on class distinctions. It's not. It's simply a verbal discharge of ugliness.

This is purebred nonsense. 

The reaction to the original post wasn't because it was an unpopular opinion. It was because it was vile and offensive. And it doesn't help that pretty much every post Bogie throws up is angry and aggressive.

It's absolutely laughable that this would be turned into some kind of social expression on class distinctions. It's not. It's simply a verbal discharge of ugliness.

:agree:    And in a thread such as this, where so many have known someone affected by this horrible disease, and know first hand the affects on everyone involved,   vile comments like his, are inexcusable.    

As I stated before,  if you don't care about something,   that's your perogotive or your problem.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion,  but most decent human beings know when to keep such comments to themselves.  

I think Bogie is doing everything possible to spread his "everything is worth hating" message to everyone and every post he gets in touch with.

May I suggest, for the goodness of this thread, that we focus on the things that are right.

I didn't realize he was sick

Whoa, I had no idea Mr. Bowlen was afflicted with such a horrific disease either PT. I wouldn't wish this monumental ordeal on anybody. Pat seems like such a nice man. My condolences to you & your family sir. I hope you find comfort & reassurance along the way. God bless the caretakers who are so kind, so compassionate, & they never get paid enough for what they do. Thank you.

"To be clear, the Broncos will not be put up for sale." This sentence startled me for all the wrong reasons. I care about the welfare of the man right now not the fate of his franchise. 

I was waiting for your post to back him up and boy that you did.

I mean i understand your admiration for him but didn't realize its this deep.  :thmup:

I don't think it's ever right to kick someone when they are down or to take shots at those who do not do the same.

Anger is not appropriate in this thread and the struggle of one family should not be made light of for any reason.

Perhaps if you had experience with this disease you would better understand.

I know nothing about this man and his family but I would not wish this disease on anyone.  Nor do a measure out my compassion depending on how much money they have.  Regardless of who they are.......this disease is terrible.

That's just being human........which we all are regardless of how much money we have. If you expect compassion.......you should also be capable of it.

Sorry but there was no reason to derail a thread like this with other issues.  We left the comment as well as all replies because we feel that the responses were appropriate and on target.

What in the hell does being a bourgeois have to do with alzheimers? Alzheimers, as with most any illness, isn't class specific. His post was both ignorant and insensitive. Why am i not surprised you agree with him?

Jules, I am sure you did not mean to sound insensitive. You probably wanted to support a friend. It may have been more appropriate to do so in a PM, as so many of us have been touched by the disease.

Alzheimer's Disease and other dementia do not discriminate, regardless of one's class or worth. No amount of money slows down the progression of the disease or lessens the pain of loved ones and caregivers who have to deal with the daily losses in the person's memory and overall functioning and the change in personality. It is not like money can pay to move up on a brain transplant list. I could say a lot more but I may upset some. So, just know that money is not the solution to everything, especially when it comes to Alzheimer's Disease.

I don't even care. I'm sure he will be treated well since he's a rich guy. Meanwhile you know, people with those same problems that aren't rich old men, aren't getting treatment. Damn I love how this country works!

I also love how everyone is making him out to be this wonderful genius owner all of a sudden. Kinda reminds me of how Bud Adams became a saint when he died.

Of course we know the real reason everyone jumped on the Denver bandwagon two years ago. 

Jim Irsay don't even get this kind of treatment from his team's own fans. Kinda sad if you think about it.

Like I said.

Tennieldumdee.jpg

I don't think it's ever right to kick someone when they are down or to take shots at those who do not do the same.

Anger is not appropriate in this thread and the struggle of one family should not be made light of for any reason.

I know nothing about this man and his family but I would not wish this disease on anyone.  Nor do a measure out my compassion depending on how much money they have.  Regardless of who they are.......this disease is terrible.

That's just being human........which we all are regardless of how much money we have. If you expect compassion.......you should also be capable of it.

Sorry but there was no reason to derail a thread like this with other issues.  We left the comment as well as all replies because we feel that the responses were appropriate and on target.

This!   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Man, oh man, do I L-O-V-E you!!     :heart:        :luv:       :flowers:     

I'd ask you to marry me, but I think your husband and my wife would object!    OK, maybe not so much my wife,   but certainly your husband!          :thmup:

Thanks to you and everyone else here who tried to restore some sanity!     

My favorite part of that entire statement is what I bolded Nadine. I just figured that Bogie had a bad day at work or something. I can't defend what he said, but I say & do stupid things every now & then. I have from time to time myself. I respect what NCF, Nadine, JVan, Gramz, NFLfan, FX, & Lollygager said. I just don't believe in condemning someone for a gross error in judgment. Was it wrong? Yes. Should Bogie have said it? Absolutely not. Is he entitled to that opinion despite my strong objection to it? Yes. 

My favorite part of that entire statement is what I bolded Nadine. I just figured that Bogie had a bad day at work or something. I can't defend what he said, but I say & do stupid things every now & then. I have from time to time myself. I respect what NCF, Nadine, JVan, Gramz, NFLfan, FX, & Lollygager said. I just don't believe in condemning someone for a gross error in judgment. Was it wrong? Yes. Should Bogie have said it? Absolutely not. Is he entitled to that opinion despite my strong objection to it? Yes. 

I will feel as you do SW if he posts an apology. I am not hopeful however.

Hope you are well.

What in the hell does being a bourgeois have to do with alzheimers? Alzheimers, as with most any illness, isn't class specific. His post was both ignorant and insensitive.

Good point Jvan. Disease afflicts everyone equally regardless of stature or income level. Jules was just backing up a friend. Not a wise move here I agree, but from a loyalty/friendship perspective I understand why she did it. 

I will feel as you do SW if he posts an apology. I am not hopeful however.

Hope you are well.

Well put AMF. As my friend NCF would say "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make em drink." All you can do is douce them with water & hope that they see the light within 48 hours or so. 

I learned that lesson myself when I got into a disagreement with ruksac once over a story about a woman suing Jerry Jones & the Cowboys for getting severely burned under the sun on a hot marble bench. I made the issue personal & unfairly took it out on ruksac over a high school friend of mine that got severely burned. Thankfully, the next day I saw how stupid I was the previous night re-reading my arguments to him & I apologized to ruksac which he graciously accepted & now I consider him a very close friend as a matter of fact.

My point is this: IF SW1 who can be very stubborn sometimes can swallow my pride & admit I really screwed up the following day, anyone is capable of redemption even Bogie. JMO. 

I have found that laughing helps.   :)

Please, can we all just remember,  this thread is about Pat Bowlen... :topic:

That's why I like you Gramz. You keep me grounded, you understand the significance of humor, & you keep people on target subject matter wise. You're an asset on here & when you have a difference of opinion with someone else; you are always polite & courteous. I really respect that about you.  ;)

Great new profile picture BTW! I would have given you a like here, but SW1 is fresh out. No, you are under obligation to give me 1 either. I just think it's important to let my friends know publicly why I admire & respect them that's all.