Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2012 Nfl Mock Draft (Cjmcgirt23)

I'm going to assume that we have the first pick in the draft in this mock. With our remaining schedule I believe we will get it. I don't believe the Dolphins are in the running anymore.(Extra 4th and 6th are compensatory picks)

1st- Andrew Luck QB Stanford 6'4" 239 - After all is said and done I believe we will draft Andrew Luck. He is too much of a rare talent and is highly thought of, I don't see us passing on him. He will sit behind Peyton for 3-4 years while Peyton puts in some time here and there to mentor him. I do wonder if Peyton would retire a season or 2 earlier because of Luck though. (Not out of nervousness with Luck behind him or anything, just out of decency)(I know how stupid that sounds but ehhh)

2nd- Brandon Thompson DT Clemson 6'2" 320 - He would be a great addition to our defensive line. Nevis, Moala, and Thompson would be a great rotation. Thompson is considered the best run stopping DT in the draft. Everyone who suggests Taamu or Poe is crazy, there obviously NT and would not be drafted into our system.

3rd- Ray Ray Armstrong S Miami 6'4" 215 - I think he would bring a nice physical mentality to our secondary. I think he could bring the "Bob Sanders" type of play back and not get injured because he is well beyond the size to play that physically. At 6'4" we'd have a player to shadow a bigger reciever for the jump ball if needed.

4th- Emmanuel Acho OLB Texas 6'2" 235 - A small and fast linebacker who would be a good fit for our defense.

4th- Charles Brown CB UNC 5'10" 205

5th- Derrick Moye WR Penn State 6'5" 195

6th- Quentin Saulsberry OG Mississippi St. 6'2" 300

6th- Jordan Mabin CB Northwestern 5'11" 185

7th- Trevor Robinson OG Notre Dame 6'5" 300

I like this draft but I don't think we'll draft Ray Ray Armstrong. Dude gets suspended in all that Shapiro junk, comes back and stinks (he was injured) and then gets suspended again for doing the same thing. The kid is a * and kinda overrated imo. I'm on the Mark Barron bandwagon. We'd have to trade up a few picks or use our 2nd rounder on him but he's worth it.

I like this draft but I don't think we'll draft Ray Ray Armstrong. Dude gets suspended in all that Shapiro junk, comes back and stinks (he was injured) and then gets suspended again for doing the same thing. The kid is a * and kinda overrated imo. I'm on the Mark Barron bandwagon. We'd have to trade up a few picks or use our 2nd rounder on him but he's worth it.

Yeah I like Barron a lot too as well as TJ McDonald. from the OP's mock I'd take either Barron or McDonald in round 2 and Kawann Short DT in round 3, because I highly doubt Thompson makes it out of the first round.

I also do believe we will draft Luck, but I DO NOT think he will sit for more than a year. I think Peyton may be the QB in 2012 if he is healthy, and then is traded after bouncing back and then Luck is the starter in 2013.

I would change your 3rd round pick to CB Casey Hayward and 4th round to OLB Sean Spence.We would still need a goodSS too so dont rule out SS Mark Barron.

Here is mine...

1st- QB Andrew Luck (I think now more than ever he will be the pick)

2nd- SS Mark Barron (We need secondary help BAD)

3rd- CB Casey Hayward (Same as pick before)

4th- OLB Sean Spence (Underrated OLB who may drop due to his size)

Rest of draft get BPA at OL, NT, and WR.

I also do believe we will draft Luck, but I DO NOT think he will sit for more than a year. I think Peyton may be the QB in 2012 if he is healthy, and then is traded after bouncing back and then Luck is the starter in 2013.

I would change your 3rd round pick to CB Casey Hayward and 4th round to OLB Sean Spence.We would still need a goodSS too so dont rule out SS Mark Barron.

If Peyton bounces back, why would you trade him?

Because his trade value will be as high as it can get so we could get a lot back for him.

And what type of trade would you expect to get for a 38 year old QB? no team is gunna give up a first for someone who has a couple years left. realistically you would get a 3rd and 4th maybe. Now what will a team give for a shot at luck? quite possibly their first, 2nd, 3rd, and 1st, 2nd and 4th the following. And even a proven starter. If by some miracle the colts drafted a quality player with most of those picks we would have one of the best teams in the league regardless whose at QB. And with manning at QB a possible back to back or undefeated season. Now that is a team that you want a young QB to take over. Or else they end up like a lot of the other ones who get beat up for 3 seasons before bouncing around the league as a back up for the next 6. Not saying that would happen to luck, but it is much easier to take over for a great team then it is an awful one. Everyone wants the "next Manning" but seem to forget even with THE peyton manning we could only win 1 SB. Same amount as Trent Dilfur. Maybe the get the great QB and surround him with an awful team philosophy doesn't work...

And what type of trade would you expect to get for a 38 year old QB? no team is gunna give up a first for someone who has a couple years left. realistically you would get a 3rd and 4th maybe. Now what will a team give for a shot at luck? quite possibly their first, 2nd, 3rd, and 1st, 2nd and 4th the following. And even a proven starter. If by some miracle the colts drafted a quality player with most of those picks we would have one of the best teams in the league regardless whose at QB. And with manning at QB a possible back to back or undefeated season. Now that is a team that you want a young QB to take over. Or else they end up like a lot of the other ones who get beat up for 3 seasons before bouncing around the league as a back up for the next 6. Not saying that would happen to luck, but it is much easier to take over for a great team then it is an awful one. Everyone wants the "next Manning" but seem to forget even with THE peyton manning we could only win 1 SB. Same amount as Trent Dilfur. Maybe the get the great QB and surround him with an awful team philosophy doesn't work...

he's only 35

Poe will be there in the second round; Thompson will be gone in the first. Colts need a true NT, which is the problem with the team and has been for years, Thompson doesn't have the size of a 1 Tech NT in a 4-3 front, which Poe does have, and he has the skill of Thompson, with more athleticism, at a much larger size. Thompson is being projected as a 4-3 UT with great run stuffing abilities. Ray Ray Armstrong is at earliest a third round prospect and more like a fourth round or later talent. Quinton Saulsberry is the center for Clemson not a Guard for Mississippi State. Your draft also addresses the corner position really well (sarcasm). It’s funny you are calling people crazy for wanting Poe and not Thompson, yet you don’t know positions people play, where they go to school, or what round they are projected. I wouldn’t throw stones if I were you…

ummmm BmoreColt you need to get your facts straight before you want to go calling people out like that. Check your facts, Quentin Saulsberry is a OG for Mississippi St. NOT a center for Clemson. I do know players schools and projected rounds. So you need to go back to where ever you became a professional (sarcasm) and learn some more. I didn't put a CB in the first three rounds because with our system drafting a CB early would be pointless. We obviously aren't changing any coaches or our system. Once again, with our system, WE'RE NOT GONNA DRAFT A 350 LB NT! Get out of here you narcissitic hipocrite.

I'm going to assume that we have the first pick in the draft in this mock. With our remaining schedule I believe we will get it. I don't believe the Dolphins are in the running anymore.(Extra 4th and 6th are compensatory picks)

1st- Andrew Luck QB Stanford 6'4" 239 - After all is said and done I believe we will draft Andrew Luck. He is too much of a rare talent and is highly thought of, I don't see us passing on him. He will sit behind Peyton for 3-4 years while Peyton puts in some time here and there to mentor him. I do wonder if Peyton would retire a season or 2 earlier because of Luck though. (Not out of nervousness with Luck behind him or anything, just out of decency)(I know how stupid that sounds but ehhh)

There is absolutely no way, Luck will sit for 3-4 years as the #1 overall selection. If the Colts keep the pick and draft Luck; either Peyton or Luck will be gone by the end of the season.

I put together a well articulated argument against you calling people out for having an opinion differing from yours and this is the weak feeble response you give, more bashing? You are right sir he does play for Miss St. but he plays center not guard so we were both right and wrong. You calling people * for having a different opinion to your own makes you look narcissist, look even more name dropping from you! There are rules against that on here, try a more put together thought out response then something you would write on your facebook.

is there any standford or wisconsin offensive lineman up in the draft

2 from Stanford. Jonathon Martin: 2nd best tackle behind Kahlil and most likely a top 10 pick. and RG David Decastro widely considered the best guard in college ball. Im hoping the colts grab Decastro in the 2nd since he would have an immediate impact on this offense and if Castanzo and Ijalana improve to where many believe they are capable...dare i say the colts might actually have a good to great oline? from Wisconsin There is Kevin Zeitler. Projected 2nd round pick. Probably the 2nd best guard behind Decastro. and Ricky Wegner i believe his name is. 3-4 round selection if he comes out this year.