Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If the Colts had a Summer League, what would it look like?

bap1331

Summer League  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Would you love to have a NFL Summer League?

• Absolutely
    • Absolutely Not!!!
    • Nope, cant risk injuring our players...

Who would be...?

QB- Chandler Harnish

RB - Dan Harron, Chris Rainey

WR - Griff Whalen, Rodgers, Donte Moncrief

TE -

OLINE

Defense?

It would be so awesome if they had one so we can improve the backups, right?

Naaa...I wouldn't like it. Yeah they are not super important players but some have potential to be good. There is to much of a Possibility of injuries (which Colts usually have enough of) over working the players ect.

That's what offseason workouts/training/mini camp are for.

I am actually looking forward to a possible 'minor league.'  It would eliminate the practice squad.  Thes PS players would play in a minor league system! :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:

If they had a minor league than:

• Those players would not be in the team meetings, game plan development, film review, etc.  They would be missing out on that with their position coaches.
  • The team would have to use guys from the 50 man roster (eliminating 3 from special teams) to run the scout teams which would take time away from their own game plan and force them to learn some of the other team's formations, etc.
  • Or if you say the minor league team would still be the scout team then you're going to have lousy games at the minor league level because they won't have time to work as a team/preparing for their opponent.

I'm old school, I like the current system.  One of the reasons it is so popular is because it's an event and every game has meaning.  Sunday afternoons are for football, they are already starting to diluting it with thursday night games

If they had a minor league than:

• Those players would not be in the team meetings, game plan development, film review, etc. They would be missing out on that with their position coaches.
  • The team would have to use guys from the 50 man roster (eliminating 3 from special teams) to run the scout teams which would take time away from their own game plan and force them to learn some of the other team's formations, etc.
  • Or if you say the minor league team would still be the scout team then you're going to have lousy games at the minor league level because they won't have time to work as a team/preparing for their opponent.
I'm old school, I like the current system. One of the reasons it is so popular is because it's an event and every game has meaning. Sunday afternoons are for football, they are already starting to diluting it with thursday night games