Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Schaub Out For The Season

deedub75

No way their schedule is actually pretty easy from here on out. The only contenders they really face are the Falcons and Bengals who aren't even the best in their own divisions.

the Titans have a much harder sched. as do the Jags

heck Green was Mike and Mike saying watch out for Houston. I guess he didn't get the memo. That team has done well dealing with injuries but the QB position is different.

I think they will take the division with a narrow lead over the Titans.

I guess we will see how good of a total team they really are. They are now missing their franchise QB, their #1 receiver, and their best defensive player. Will they fall apart like the Colts and go 0-6 the rest of the season, or will they show that they have an overall good team and rise up to the occassion. After all, the analysts have been picking them to win the AFC South for several years even with Manning playing.

It's not official, it's Adam Schefter just saying it... Gary Kubiak never said he was out for the year. Don't say stuff that's not actually confirmed, I hate when ppl do that.

Adam is saying it because a league source reported it to him (ties from his NFLN days?) Any way, Schaub will be evaluated in Indy, the Charlotte. This was 'Kubes' response...

** Kubiak would not say if Schaub would miss the rest of this year.

"There's a lot of things reported," Kubiak said. "He's going to be in a boot throughout this week, and then the evaluation process will continue." **

In the interim, I think Texans keep rolling while Schaub is out. They are a running team (Foster and Tate both in top ten) and top defense. Leinhart is comfortable with Kubiak's system and has been preparing and studying under him since departing from the Wiz. Matt could make people's jaws to drop, because he does have some talent. OTOH, If he hasn't absorbed it and not able to transfer it to execution on the field (especially if teams stack the box to stop Foster/Tate and force the pass), he could make people roll on the floor in stitches. I lean toward the former. I thionk he proves to be better than Painter. But that's not saying much, now is it? :(

Leinart has better numbers than Sanchez in areas that count for this team like Int%, Cmp% and fumbles. If he takes care of the ball I think the Texans still win 11 games. Might steal one from the Falcons or Bengals also.

I know for a fact Leinart > Painter/Orlovsky

Once in the playoffs I am not sure Schaub wins for us either. He has been playing like crap this year.

This Texans team is a "team" unlike the Colts. Best Defense, best receiver, best running back. Granted this is a set back, not a disintegration like the Colts. The division losers like the Colts and Jags will help as well. Go Texans and it is not 100% that Schaub will miss the entire season. It is a injury to the Lisfranc so surgery may have to happen, but nothing is for sure on 11/15/11.

HE'S NOT OUT FOR THE YEAR!!

He's out for a several weeks which means 4 weeks out at most. Don't worry too much, they'll keep winning, plus he's not out fro the year!

i dont think so. When the quarterback is left handed, the playbook has to shift differently. Because the playbook was made for right handed. Look at the statistics of where a quarterback tends to throw right handed as opposed to the left handed qb. they did a study on this on NFL Network talking about Chris Simms, Marino, Gannon and so on.

What a big blow for Houston. Although I certainly don't root for any of our division rivals, I do kind of feel for them in a way. The one and only season that the Colts lose Manning and give them a great shot at taking the division, and they lost their QB for the year and have missed Andre Johnson for weeks. They just can't catch a break can they? Guess we'll see if Leinart can finally recreate his USC days... although I don't see that happening.

I just cannot catch a break with my fantasy team. Manning was one of my keeper and I had to put in our keepers long before news dropped on Manning's neck. Then I make a trade for Schaub and he leads me to a 7-3 record and leading my division. Now he has got hurt. :argh:

If Leinart has anything in him this is the perfect time. He has a strong defense and an amazing running game to lean on. I think Leinart could surprise some people now that he has a real team around him.