Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning Voted No.1 By The Players

King Colt

I lost you. I am just talking the level of skill players. I don't disagree that Brady had good receivers that he often made good enough to win multiple championships with and many of those players were defensive but he did not have the level of offensive skill players as Manning. I am not sure why there is such a sticking point for you. It really does not take away from Manning and even Colts fans agree with this point just like Pats fans agree Brady had the better defensive players and better HC.

Its not a sticking point. I just dont like the fact that the effort put by Manning during off season and the practise times are under valued.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have said Marvin and Reggie are world class earlier but thats about it which Brady got with Randy Moss and Welker.

But there were Garcons and Collies and others whom have Peyton's moulding. We didnt see that with several receivers who entered and exited NE is all i am saying.

Uh.

You are defeating your own argument.

Garçon put up just as good numbers in DC, and Brady and Collie worked well in the few games that Collie played in NE.

By the way, why are you ignoring Brady's success with Welker and Moss?

Its not a sticking point. I just dont like the fact that the effort put by Manning during off season and the practise times are under valued.

Except for the fact that Brady works just as hard in the offseason. Why you would think that only Manning would do this, I have no idea.

Uh.

You are defeating your own argument.

Garçon put up just as good numbers in DC, and Brady and Collie worked well in the few games that Collie played in NE.

By the way, why are you ignoring Brady's success with Welker and Moss?

Never ignored it. It was a great season. I enjoyed it.

I am sure Brady does. Not to the level of Manning.

What basis do you have to say this? It is widely known how much time Brady puts in in the off-season like Manning. In fact both are praised equally for their work ethic, drive and commitment. I will try to find it but there is a great quote from Vince Wilfork commenting on how hard Brady works in practice STILL even after 13 years in the league.

What basis do you have to say this? It is widely known how much time Brady puts in in the off-season like Manning. In fact both are praised equally for their work ethic, drive and commitment. I will try to find it but there is a great quote from Vince Wilfork commenting on how hard Brady works in practice STILL even after 13 years in the league.

Never denied that. But lets talk in terms of comparing him to Manning.

One of the basis, is my sig.

Never denied that. But lets talk in terms of comparing him to Manning.

One of the basis, is my sig.

How is your signature a reflection of Brady not working as hard as Manning? And for the record, Manning has also said that he tries to learn from Brady as well and appreciates how Brady is able to elevate his game in the biggest moments. They have unbelievable respect for one another.

How is your signature a reflection of Brady not working as hard as Manning? And for the record, Manning has also said that he tries to learn from Brady as well and appreciates how Brady is able to elevate his game in the biggest moments. They have unbelievable respect for one another.

Yes, that they do. 

But i know Manning is a step ahead on the preparation. Its well known.

So you are saying because Brady does not prepare or work as hard as Manning is why some receivers have not performed well in NE? Are you mad?

I think what he might be saying is that Peyton has had/seized more autonomy to bring WRs up to pace to be on the same page as him wherever he has been, and Brady has either less autonomy/relies more on the coaches to do their job to bring WRs up to pace to be on the same page.

I might be wrong though.

I have always felt Peyton came across as someone that might harp a little more on the small details, a bit more excessively than Brady might, often to the point of annoyance. Brady is a perfectionist too but after a few times, if Chad Johnson does not get it, he will let him hear from an alternate source like the WR coach but that probably may not be the case with Peyton :). Peyton may feel the need to do so because of his timing routes relying so much more on separation than Brady's because if you have six inches of separation, Brady's arm strength can do the rest while Peyton might need a foot of separation due to his weaker arm strength for the completion.

I love it when fans argue about which player "works harder" and prepares harder. It's like arguing about which players, say, take the most frequent poops. Unless you're sleeping at their houses and following every single one of them around with a stopwatch and a notebook, then you have no idea. None of us do. 

Of course some players have a work ethic that is so admirable that it makes its way into comments in the press by coaches and other players. I get that. But to insist that one "knows" player A works harder than player B (especially if both are relatively successful in the league) is fan-boy, lightweight, completely speculative hooey. 

Yeah you are so smart to find that logic.

When are you going to learn to just stick to a topic without trying to discuss a person's character, trying to make deragatory statements in personalities. I call them cheap but yeah apparently thats the style which is widely accepted here as i can see Superman liking your post.

No one discussed your character or made a derogatory statement about your personality. Stop it.

I think what he might be saying is that Peyton has had/seized more autonomy to bring WRs up to pace to be on the same page as him wherever he has been, and Brady has either less autonomy/relies more on the coaches to do their job to bring WRs up to pace to be on the same page.

I might be wrong though.

I have always felt Peyton came across as someone that might harp a little more on the small details, a bit more excessively than Brady might, often to the point of annoyance. Brady is a perfectionist too but after a few times, if Chad Johnson does not get it, he will let him hear from an alternate source like the WR coach but that probably may not be the case with Peyton :). Peyton may feel the need to do so because of his timing routes relying so much more on separation than Brady's because if you have six inches of separation, Brady's arm strength can do the rest while Peyton might need a foot of separation due to his weaker arm strength for the completion.

What proof of this do you have other than conjecture?

So you are saying because Brady does not prepare or work as hard as Manning is why some receivers have not performed well in NE? Are you mad?

No what i am saying is Brady is not as capable as moulding his receivers to his system than Manning.

By the way, "are you mad" is uncalled for.

What proof of this do you have other than conjecture?

None, whatsoever. I thought that is what Shane Bond might be saying and even said that I could be wrong.

It is just speculation, no matter what facts we want to stretch to make the speculation.

Its not that hard to believe it. The examples i gave is the proof of it.

Yeah, your argument is terrible.

(And that's describing your argument, not you, in case you're mortally offended)

I can point to many WRs who had career years at NE and were mediocre elsewhere . Yet somehow you miss that.

David Givens

Deion Branch

Reche Caldwell

Wes Welker

Even Randy Moss, whose stats were career lows before he arrived in Foxborough.

Yet you want to place your argument on washed up WRs who outright SAID that they couldn't grasp the playbook.

It is well known that Peyton's offense in Indy and Denver is relatively simple .

NE's isn't. Somehow that fact doesn't seem to mean anything to you. How that's possible, u have no idea.

Yeah, your argument is terrible.

(And that's describing your argument, not you, in case you're mortally offended)

I can point to many WRs who had career years at NE and were mediocre elsewhere . Yet somehow you miss that.

David Givens

Deion Branch

Reche Caldwell

Wes Welker

Even Randy Moss, whose stats were career lows before he arrived in Foxborough.

Yet you want to place your argument on washed up WRs who outright SAID that they couldn't grasp the playbook.

It is well known that Peyton's offense in Indy and Denver is relatively simple .

NE's isn't. Somehow that fact doesn't seem to mean anything to you. How that's possible, u have no idea.

Why are you ignoring the example i gave. And what you are talking now is totally different than what we are discussing. We covered this earlier.

And cut the sarcastic comments.

More personal jabs and lols and sarcastic lines are a sign of weakness. Can you just not make one post related to just the post?.

None, whatsoever. I thought that is what Shane Bond might be saying and even said that I could be wrong.

It is just speculation, no matter what facts we want to stretch to make the speculation.

They understand what i am saying, they pretend they don't.

Why are you ignoring the example i gave. And what you are talking now is totally different than what we are discussing. We covered this earlier.

And cut the sarcastic comments.

More personal jabs and lols and sarcastic lines are a sign of weakness. Can you just not make one post related to just the post?.

Wow.

Just... Wow. I have you multiple arguments, and you whine about ignoring one of your few points.

I'm done with you. It's clear that you're incapable of debating this rationally.

Wow.

Just... Wow. I have you multiple arguments, and you whine about ignoring one of your few points.

I'm done with you. It's clear that you're incapable of debating this rationally.

And you continue to judge my personality not the post. Thats all you do.