Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andre Johnson doesn't want to play for the Texans.

Dustin

Or his career window is closing and Ryan Fitzpatrick is the QB and that great defense they still lost 14 games in a row the window has shut on Houston and they never really brought in a legit 2nd WR that I can remember. He wants a shot to win not getting lit up trying to bring in floaters across the middle all year.

I think SD would be a good fit that would be a dangerous team the kid Allen on one side Johnson on the other good TE's Matthews/Woodhead backfield with Phillip Rivers and they will have Floyd back too.

I have no problem with him saying he wants to play for another team if he did not perform the front office would have no trouble cutting him the front office let the train off the tracks what's wrong with wanting off the train things are a little different when he signed that contract.

Yes akcolt, I do agree that AJ Green appears to be Andy Dalton's favorite target & maybe new OC Hue Jackson can help the red rifle improve in November/December. I don't know. Andy's got learn to not lock in on his 1st read so much. He needs to spread the ball around more. Yes, the bengals running backs are a nice group without question with Ellis & Bernard. What's that LSU's rookie's name again? I forget. 

It's Hill they need a number 2WR they have no other WR's just Marvin Jones it is his 3rd year could be a break out that is when it usually clicks for WR's fantasy sleeper. The Bengals are a good team. If they got Andre Johnson they would be very dangerous.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or his career window is closing and Ryan Fitzpatrick is the QB and that great defense they still lost 14 games in a row the window has shut on Houston and they never really brought in a legit 2nd WR that I can remember. He wants a shot to win not getting lit up trying to bring in floaters across the middle all year.

I think SD would be a good fit that would be a dangerous team the kid Allen on one side Johnson on the other good TE's Matthews/Woodhead backfield with Phillip Rivers and they will have Floyd back too.

I have no problem with him saying he wants to play for another team if he did not perform the front office would have no trouble cutting him the front office let the train off the tracks what's wrong with wanting off the train things are a little different when he signed that contract.

It's Hill they need a number 2WR they have no other WR's just Marvin Jones it is his 3rd year could be a break out that is when it usually clicks for WR's fantasy sleeper. The Bengals are a good team. If they got Andre Johnson they would be very dangerous.

Phillip Rivers would be licking his chops if San Diego landed AJ & it would present a whole new wrinkle with Denver in the same division. That's my sleeper/damage team this year--The Super Chargers. Good landing spot for AJ on that pick akcolt. Bravo! 

If Houston cuts bait with AJ, landing in San Diego would keep him out of the AFC South & besides I want Peyton Manning to go toe to toe with Philip Rivers in the AFC West anyway.

I agree with your last paragraph. Saying he wants to play for another team publicly is very unprofessional. We get that he is unhappy but he is acting out of character. I wonder if it has to do with Bill O'Brien who could be pretty tough. He is a no nonsense guy and perhaps he told Andre that they are keeping him and he his playing for the Texans in 2014 and Andre is getting peeved. I could totally see this scenario as Andre has never done this before. Perhaps he feels he is not being heard or considered. Just a thought.

Who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if this is actually something between coach and player. Wouldn't be the first time.

I agree with your last paragraph. Saying he wants to play for another team publicly is very unprofessional. We get that he is unhappy but he is acting out of character. I wonder if it has to do with Bill O'Brien who could be pretty tough. He is a no nonsense guy and perhaps he told Andre that they are keeping him and he his playing for the Texans in 2014 and Andre is getting peeved. I could totally see this scenario as Andre has never done this before. Perhaps he feels he is not being heard or considered. Just a thought.

That's pretty much how I read/interpret the whole AJ cry baby fest too AMF. I don't give a darn if AJ is an elite WR veteran. If he wants to act like a child, I treat him like a child. On the flip side, if he grows up & acts like an adult, I treat him with respect like a man.

Yes, I know Superman isn't gonna like what I said here. Oh well, so be it. Que Sera, Sera Whatever Will Be, Will Be. 

That's pretty much how I read/interpret the whole AJ cry baby fest too AMF. I don't give a darn if AJ is an elite WR veteran. If he wants to act like a child, I treat him like a child. On the flip side, if he grows up & acts like an adult, I treat him with respect like a man.

Yes, I know Superman isn't gonna like what I said here. Oh well, so be it. Que Sera, Sera Whatever Will Be, Will Be. 

He gave them 12 years and 12,661 yards receiving I can understand not wanting to go through a rebuild that will be his career.

A lot of that was with great qb's like Carr and Schaub. He has been a good soldier for a stumbling franchise nothing wrong with wanting a chance to play for a good team. That is the way players get moved say they don't want to be there. Imagine if he played for a team with just a decent QB the first 5 years. He has been in Houston his whole career they could never get it together

.I normally scoff at players who hold out, but Andre Johnson has done his good Samaritan work with that franchise. Fitzpatrick? Get out.. 

Who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if this is actually something between coach and player. Wouldn't be the first time.

I always have the image in my head of O'Brien yelling at Brady on the sideline after he threw a pick in the Redskins game late. He actually came at Brady like he was going to fight him while Brady was sitting on the bench discussing the play with the receiver he had targeted on the play. I didn't like that from O'Brien and not just because it was Brady but because he lost his composure to the point that Belichick had to come over and tell him to cut it out.

He may be rubbing AJ the wrong way. Perhaps that is obvious at this point and maybe it is time for AJ to go but former Pats assistants seem to have issues with their players in this regard which is why I mentioned it. It is a delicate balance between ruling with an iron fist and also being a coach the players respect and want to play for. I honestly think HC in the NFL is the toughest job in all of sports. 

I don't blame him, the Texans suck... Although it would benefit him to go to a better team, what would that do to the team image? Imagine being Jadeveon Clowney... The team lets Andre Johnson go, so what would that tell him? It would tell him that the Texans aren't ready to win, but he wants to win (obviously)

I always have the image in my head of O'Brien yelling at Brady on the sideline after he threw a pick in the Redskins game late. He actually came at Brady like he was going to fight him while Brady was sitting on the bench discussing the play with the receiver he had targeted on the play. I didn't like that from O'Brien and not just because it was Brady but because he lost his composure to the point that Belichick had to come over and tell him to cut it out.

He may be rubbing AJ the wrong way. Perhaps that is obvious at this point and maybe it is time for AJ to go but former Pats assistants seem to have issues with their players in this regard which is why I mentioned it. It is a delicate balance between ruling with an iron fist and also being a coach the players respect and want to play for. I honestly think HC in the NFL is the toughest job in all of sports.

I remember the Brady incident thoroughly. That was insane to watch and it was in the media for awhile too about some perceived rift but they were the best of chums apparently. Being a coach in the NFL is tough. Too authorative and you're a hard-butt and too soft or unemotional and you don't care. Guys like the Harbaugh brothers and Pete Carroll are great at finding that balance. It's no wonder it translates into wins. It's clear to me that BOB is a no-nonsense guy and I like it.

I always have the image in my head of O'Brien yelling at Brady on the sideline after he threw a pick in the Redskins game late. He actually came at Brady like he was going to fight him while Brady was sitting on the bench discussing the play with the receiver he had targeted on the play. I didn't like that from O'Brien and not just because it was Brady but because he lost his composure to the point that Belichick had to come over and tell him to cut it out.

He may be rubbing AJ the wrong way. Perhaps that is obvious at this point and maybe it is time for AJ to go but former Pats assistants seem to have issues with their players in this regard which is why I mentioned it. It is a delicate balance between ruling with an iron fist and also being a coach the players respect and want to play for. I honestly think HC in the NFL is the toughest job in all of sports. 

have they met each other thought Johnson is not participating. It could be you gave me Carr I gave you thousands of yards you gave me Schuab I gave you thousands of yards you gave me Fitz I am leaving we are not going to win.

I don't see him going to NE but you never know. Do they have the money?

I don't blame him, the Texans suck... Although it would benefit him to go to a better team, what would that do to the team image? Imagine being Jadeveon Clowney... The team lets Andre Johnson go, so what would that tell him? It would tell him that the Texans aren't ready to win, but he wants to win (obviously)

who cares what Clowney thinks what has he done in the NFL but express an interest in Luck and have a surgery that is what being the number 1 pick means you go to the team with the worse record there you go Clown

Never said the Bengals, I think maybe the Patriots or Eagles would be solid spots. The Panthers would work as well.

Sleeping on the Bengals and Dalton he has one weapon AJ Green.  Bernard  was a rookie this year as was Eifert they got the pounder from LSU in the draft  to take over for the law firm. Dalton has had bad playoff games but AJ dropped a TD right in his hands in that same play off game. They are a second WR from being a dangerous team Dalton 3 yrs in the league playoffs all 3 years Johnson would be a nice fit.

It is Jones's third year maybe the break out kind of surprised they didn't bring a vet in.

have they met each other thought Johnson is not participating. It could be you gave me Carr I gave you thousands of yards you gave me Schuab I gave you thousands of yards you gave me Fitz I am leaving we are not going to win.

I don't see him going to NE but you never know. Do they have the money?

I would think they have met by now but I guess I don't know. Maybe over the phone?

The Pats really don't have the money as his contract stands so he would have to do a new deal. If he is serious about wanting to win then I think he may be open to doing it. If he just wants out of Houston no matter what then he may just go a decent team willing to pay him.

I remember the Brady incident thoroughly. That was insane to watch and it was in the media for awhile too about some perceived rift but they were the best of chums apparently. Being a coach in the NFL is tough. Too authorative and you're a hard-butt and too soft or unemotional and you don't care. Guys like the Harbaugh brothers and Pete Carroll are great at finding that balance. It's no wonder it translates into wins. It's clear to me that BOB is a no-nonsense guy and I like it.

So true. I never liked Carroll especially when he was in NE but his players love him. And right before the SB, Ty Law was asked about him and he could not stop gushing over him and how he was hoping he would get a ring. :)

It is hard think to put your finger on and I am not sure Bill is even that great at but because he knows football so well and has a system that is a success, he can be a prickly cactus I guess and his guys go to the wall for him. Although, supposedly he is very different with his players vs in front of the media but I dunno, the guy has never given me the warm fuzzies. lol.

i don't know, the guy you quoted said the best offensive player

Oh. I think I missed that. I thought he said best player. I think there would be a huge uprising in Houston if Watt was saying he wanted out. But a 33 year old receiver given the situation at QB? Can't think that is really bothering the locker room all that much.

Oh. I think I missed that. I thought he said best player. I think there would be a huge uprising in Houston if Watt was saying he wanted out. But a 33 year old receiver given the situation at QB? Can't think that is really bothering the locker room all that much.

I'm guessing Andre is one of the leaders in that locker room, much like Reggie is here

who cares what Clowney thinks what has he done in the NFL but express an interest in Luck and have a surgery that is what being the number 1 pick means you go to the team with the worse record there you go Clown

Dude get off this ridiculous stance of yours. Clowney CAN'T do anything yet, the season has not started! Not for the next two months! Players express interest in sacking certain players all the time, especially when the sacking of said player could help their team win their flippin division. There is absolutely nothing wrong or offensive about Clowney expressing his interest to sack Andrew. And wth does his surgery have to do with anything? You guys are ridiculous in your arguments/viewpoints sometimes.

I'm guessing Andre is one of the leaders in that locker room, much like Reggie is here

Yeah I guess but that is why you have other leaders and a coaching staff. I just don't think teammates pay all that much attention to aging receivers or receivers in general given their diva attitudes.

Doesn't mean everyone else isn't buying into our new coach. Did Reggie Wayne leave when Manning was dumped?

Doesn't mean everyone else isn't buying into our new coach. Did Reggie Wayne leave when Manning was dumped?

That is a great point and Wayne had visited NE before signing with the Colts. So he basically chose a rookie HC and QB over Bill and Brady. I still wish he had come here. I love Wayne.

Reggie was clearly on board with the direction Pagano wanted to go Reggie could have signed anywhere, but he chose to stay in Indy

If Ryan Fitzpatrick was going to be the qb, im guessing he would have went elsewhere

That is a great point and Wayne had visited NE before signing with the Colts. So he basically chose a rookie HC and QB over Bill and Brady. I still wish he had come here. I love Wayne.

Yeah I was here back then too and a lot of people had written him off. His decision is surprising, choosing rookie QB and coach over Bill and Brady but hey, apparently the guy was going to get production no matter where he went lol. I guess it goes to show that as long as a coach makes the right impression he can persuade any player to play for him.

i added to this post after you quoted me

I see. But this isn't just about QB/WR. It is about players buying in in general, and guess who the only player is that has expressed any desire to walk right now?

Reggie was clearly on board with the direction Pagano wanted to go Reggie could have signed anywhere, but he chose to stay in Indy

If Ryan Fitzpatrick was going to be the qb, im guessing he would have went elsewhere

Even Fitz though has not turned over the ball 23 times in a season. lol. Signing with a rookie QB at Reggie's age meant he looked past QB and bought in with Pagano.

You realize that he waited till after the Draft to voice his sentiments. He wanted a quarterback, it has nothing to do with the regime. Watt, Cushing, and others have come out and applauded BOB and the direction he's taking the team.

Cushing and Watt have time to see things develop. Andre doesn't. Savage, if he is the guy, is a project that may pay dues in a couple years. If he's not the guy, the Texans will be looking for a QB in the draft again next year. Which again, means a couple years out at best.

I don't like that Andre has been so vocal to the media about this and my guess is he feels it's the only way to put pressure on the FO to force a trade.. Rough for Texan fans, for sure. But it would be way worse for fans to turn on him - This is between him and the FO and has nothing to do with fans. You can be a fan until the day you die, you can only play the game for 15 years (ish). AJ isn't a Houston native, he's been more than loyal to the team for nearly his entire career and now he wants an opportunity to chase a dream that the Texans can't give him. You guys really should wish him well, thank him and in 5 years welcome him home.

Calling him a cancer and saying things like 'good riddance' doesn't show the man the appreciation he deserves.

Cushing and Watt have time to see things develop. Andre doesn't. Savage, if he is the guy, is a project that may pay dues in a couple years. If he's not the guy, the Texans will be looking for a QB in the draft again next year. Which again, means a couple years out at best.

I don't like that Andre has been so vocal to the media about this and my guess is he feels it's the only way to put pressure on the FO to force a trade.. Rough for Texan fans, for sure. But it would be way worse for fans to turn on him - This is between him and the FO and has nothing to do with fans. You can be a fan until the day you die, you can only play the game for 15 years (ish). AJ isn't a Houston native, he's been more than loyal to the team for nearly his entire career and now he wants an opportunity to chase a dream that the Texans can't give him. You guys really should wish him well, thank him and in 5 years welcome him home.

Calling him a cancer and saying things like 'good riddance' doesn't show the man the appreciation he deserves.

I do wish him well. Have in the past, still do now. But we aren't going to be happy about his very public divorce with us, nor should we. He has been playing for years now and yes, while age is catching up, he has no idea what this team will be like this year. I understand why he wants to go to a proven contender and now that I think about it, that's okay. But whenever we do play him and if he does end up on some other team I hope we shut him down and win a vital game that vaults us into the postseason or the SB and he is left wishing he didn't leave us. If he isn't playing the Houston Texans then, hey, all power to him. He does deserve a ring, and as long as he isn't playing against us, then I'll be rooting for him to get one.