Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts article....yeah Bleacher Report, but I liked it! :) Why?

BrentMc11

The article was fine except that it rated Newsome as "overrated."  Umm..he was a 5th round pick - why the author thinks that the fans expect him to be Mathis' replacement just shows me that this guy doesn't really know his audience.  He'd have been better off not even mentioning him and mentioning someone like Hakeem Nicks or even Mewhort.

The article was fine except that it rated Newsome as "overrated."  Umm..he was a 5th round pick - why the author thinks that the fans expect him to be Mathis' replacement just shows me that this guy doesn't really know his audience.  He'd have been better off not even mentioning him and mentioning someone like Hakeem Nicks or even Mewhort.

I agree.  We need to wait and see how he does.  He has been a workout fool so far.  He needs to get stronger and add weight and muscle.

I just do not see overrated on rookies taken after the fourth or so...

I agree.  We need to wait and see how he does.  He has been a workout fool so far.  He needs to get stronger and add weight and muscle.

I just do not see overrated on rookies taken after the fourth or so...

Which I found to be kind of ironic since in the first sentence of the first player rated (Henoc), he said that "it's easy to underrate a player when you've never heard of them."  I mean, people on these forums knew who Newsome was, but to the vast majority of Cotls fans, probably never heard of him until draft day.

Which I found to be kind of ironic since in the first sentence of the first player rated (Henoc), he said that "it's easy to underrate a player when you've never heard of them."  I mean, people on these forums knew who Newsome was, but to the vast majority of Cotls fans, probably never heard of him until draft day.

On Newsome, I have to admit I had only read a few articles about him at Ball State.  I knew he was good, but.....not on my Colts radar.  I live about an hour or so south of Muncie.  :dunno:

The Colts are not the #30th ranked D coming into 2014. Sry, but no.

I believe J. Newsome isn't over rated. He has a lot of heart that will carry any weakness's he may have. He just wants to play football and hit people. He will prove this article wrong.  

I'm looking forward to seeing Muamba play also.