Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts article....yeah Bleacher Report, but I liked it! :) Why?

I really wanted to post this article for those who have not seen Henoc Muamba film.  Yes these are highlights, but he shows me speed all the way down the line and to the QB, and he tackles instead of 'hits.'  At 242 pounds he can play inside or outside LB....I like what I see...he makes this team.

As to the article, we can debate who is over-rated or under-rated.  Feel free to put new names to the over or underrated list as well.  Enjoy!! :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :colts:  :colts:  :colts: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2113804-indianapolis-colts-most-under-and-overrated-offseason-additions

I really wanted to post this article for those who have not seen Henoc Muamba film.  Yes these are highlights, but he shows me speed all the way down the line and to the QB, and he tackles instead of 'hits.'  At 242 pounds he can play inside or outside LB....I like what I see...he makes this team.

As to the article, we can debate who is over-rated or under-rated.  Feel free to put new names to the over or underrated list as well.  Enjoy!! :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :colts:  :colts:  :colts: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2113804-indianapolis-colts-most-under-and-overrated-offseason-additions

Looks Impressive on film, and do agree could play inside and deffinatly outside.

For me this is going to be a fun pre-season. A number of young guys to root for that may be real keepers.
Henoc being fast, a solid tackler, and a knack for penetrating sounds like a real help against the run if called upon.
Making teams one dimensional against good press coverage is Big Time. I see that coming soon, very soon!!

Chuckle at anyone that Expects a late 5th rounder to be a real pass rusher as a Rookie. Few 1st rounders are. Silliness!
 Our guys do say he has a burst so he may make a few plays in a blitz package. Go Newsome!! 

So much to be excited about!!

Will be good depth if he makes it I think, He should make the roster if he can stay healthy

I think he is a must see in camp.

Like BBZ above, it will be fun watching McNary, Muamba, and Adongo battling out there.  I simply love McNary...a year off to train hard...a year of "Back to Football."  I love his game, and it looks like I will be liking Muamba.

Will be good depth if he makes it I think, He should make the roster if he can stay healthy

With Hickman gone...he is a no brainer IMO.

I don't think I want him playing a whole new position in the Not For Long......

I really wanted to post this article for those who have not seen Henoc Muamba film. Yes these are highlights, but he shows me speed all the way down the line and to the QB, and he tackles instead of 'hits.' At 242 pounds he can play inside or outside LB....I like what I see...he makes this team.

As to the article, we can debate who is over-rated or under-rated. Feel free to put new names to the over or underrated list as well. Enjoy!! :coltshelmet::coltshelmet::coltshelmet::coltslogo::coltslogo::coltslogo::colts::colts::colts: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kyle Rodriguez runs his own Colts site/blog. He isn't your usual b/r dumbo.

I like reading his stuff...I just don't agree with it 'some-most' of the time. You and I could write for them.

I think he's pretty good. Either way, I think we can both agree he's much better than most of the "writers" on b/r.

How about moving Whalen to FS ???

If i remember right he played that at one point in time? I like him as a wr though. Im not sure about the rules on ps, if he changed position could he go on ps?

Darn, I was hoping I found a way too keep him and brazil on the team lol

Yeah, that would be sneaky, but the league is a mile ahead of you on that one.

I personally think they should expand roster sizes and PS sizes, to allow players to stick with teams for a longer time. Would make it easier for teams to develop players, and it would create a few hundred extra jobs.

How about moving Whalen to FS ???

Can he Tackle / Hit ? The ball skills are there obviously seeing as he is a sure handed WR....idk would be interesting to see him in the secondary, i dont see him being a good fit at Safety rather him stay at WR, atleast you know what your getting out of him at that position. 

Can he Tackle / Hit ? The ball skills are there obviously seeing as he is a sure handed WR....idk would be interesting to see him in the secondary, i dont see him being a good fit at Safety rather him stay at WR, atleast you know what your getting out of him at that position. 

Never seen him play safety just know that he has played it, but if he is good enough to fill the final spot I don't see why he can't play both (FS & WR). Also would free up a roster spot.

Never seen him play safety just know that he has played it, but if he is good enough to fill the final spot I don't see why he can't play both (FS & WR). Also would free up a roster spot.

It's very rare that you see players play on both sides of the ball in the NFL its either Offense or Defense (excluding ST). Ive seen Patrick peterson on Offense only during gadget plays because of his speed and vision other than that, really doesnt happen.

I agree with everything.... The only thing I could complain about is Jackson. Yeah we paid him a good amount because we wanted him! It's not like he was going to come here for free. If our linebacking core can stay healthy I think DQ will provide more than some people think. I feel that he will be a leader and make plenty of solid tackles that are for little plus yardage.. Obviously we will have to wait and see but I thought it was a good pickup.

It's very rare that you see players play on both sides of the ball in the NFL its either Offense or Defense (excluding ST). Ive seen Patrick peterson on Offense only during gadget plays because of his speed and vision other than that, really doesnt happen.

True, but I don't think that he would be a starter for either side, if he was used as a backup, his snaps would be limited and it would be a way to keep him on the roster.

True, but I don't think that he would be a starter for either side, if he was used as a backup, his snaps would be limited and it would be a way to keep him on the roster.

I'm not anti-Whalen or anything, but I don't see why it's that important to keep him on the roster. We have him now, and he has a great chance to earn a spot. But if he's not one of the top 5 or maybe 6 guys, that's it for him in Indy, I think. I don't see him as so effective at any aspect of the game that we should try to manufacture a way to keep him around. Especially not something as radical as moving him to safety, where he has no pro experience. He might make the final 53, but if not, oh well.

He played well last year, and I have no doubt that if we waived him at cut day, he'd catch on with someone, somewhere around the league. He'll be fine.

I'm not anti-Whalen or anything, but I don't see why it's that important to keep him on the roster. We have him now, and he has a great chance to earn a spot. But if he's not one of the top 5 or maybe 6 guys, that's it for him in Indy, I think. I don't see him as so effective at any aspect of the game that we should try to manufacture a way to keep him around. Especially not something as radical as moving him to safety, where he has no pro experience. He might make the final 53, but if not, oh well.

He played well last year, and I have no doubt that if we waived him at cut day, he'd catch on with someone, somewhere around the league. He'll be fine.

You come to camp, put the pads on and COMPETE!  You have to EARN that position.  Best post on here Superman.

Lastly....pray for no injuries that would change things altogether.  Competition is a good thing. :thmup:

I think he is a must see in camp.

Like BBZ above, it will be fun watching McNary, Muamba, and Adongo battling out there.  I simply love McNary...a year off to train hard...a year of "Back to Football."  I love his game, and it looks like I will be liking Muamba.

Im ready to see Newsome and A Jackson  DQ Jackson  ,think we are loaded with LBs,but in this system you almost have to be to function properly.The positions are to important for one key injury throwing everything out of kilter. If you loose one heaven forbid , it wont be the end ,its like next man up and probably will not fall of greatly performance wise. 

I don't know anyone that predicts Newsome will provide "instant pass rush relief" with Mathis out. Newsome is neither over not underrated in my mind.

Yeah, that struck me as odd also. I really don't see or hear Newsome talked about all that often.

Yeah, that would be sneaky, but the league is a mile ahead of you on that one.

I personally think they should expand roster sizes and PS sizes, to allow players to stick with teams for a longer time. Would make it easier for teams to develop players, and it would create a few hundred extra jobs.

I definitely agree with the ps, atleast extending it. I hate seeing player go the we want too keep, that can contribute but just cant keep

Love the Tyson sound bites in the Muamba video  my style is impetuous my decisions impregnable.

I get a little tired of the flack we take for the Jackson signing he is a tackle machine and probably the biggest thing is he can cover add that to the fact that he by all accounts he is a leader and a true professional. We have some good looking young guys that could learn a lot from watching what it takes to be successful in this league. A second year  McNary 26  Muamba 25 and the Prez is a rookie throw in the outside guys Adongo 24 Werner 23 and Newsome a rookie. They have Mathis to learn from too but you can't have to many vets who do things the right way on and off the field. Lil Billy thinks he is still pretty good.: Said Belichick: "D’Qwell Jackson is an excellent middle linebacker; I’d say one of the best pass coverage linebackers in the league.''

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/12/cleveland_browns_lb_dqwell_jac_8.html 

I don't think anyone expected Newsome to come in and get 10 sacks his rookie year could he maybe but we aren't expecting that. Moncrief is doing what was expected that is why we couldn't pass on him in the 3rd and he may end up being the steal of this draft. I am not sure it translates to a lot of playing team unless there is an injury but we knew he was loaded with talent. He is a monster that runs like TY.

To me the article stated the obvious and took a shot at D'Qwell who I think makes us a better team but in more ways than just on Sunday not sure you can put a price tag on heart, desire, and the ability to lead. On top of it all it has been reported he took less money to come to Indy. That is what happens with FA's you pay a little extra but in this case I think it will turn out to be worth it.

Can he go to another teams practice squad or does his time on the field as a Colt eliminate him from all Practice Squads?

I've been rooting for this guy ever since we signed him. 1st overall pick in the 2011 CFL draft. Extremely productive 3 year career with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers (defensively and special teams). I think he will make the team and at the very least provide quality depth and special teams play if he stays healthy this season. This guy is my favorite under the radar player to root for this training camp.

Muamba does show great fundamentals, speed, and motor. Hopefully it translates to the NFL

I've been rooting for this guy ever since we signed him. 1st overall pick in the 2011 CFL draft. Extremely productive 3 year career with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers (defensively and special teams). I think he will make the team and at the very least provide quality depth and special teams play if he stays healthy this season. This guy is my favorite under the radar player to root for this training camp.

I am rooting for him AND betting on him....love as I mentioned his 'tackling instead of hitting.' :thmup: